How many workers/residents are there in a typical work day in Manhattan financial district ? - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Northeast and MidAtlantic > Local Forums > New York City

New York City » Manhattan | Brooklyn & Staten Island | Queens & Bronx | NYC Suburbs, Long Island & SW CT | photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 27th, 2014, 03:31 AM   #1
Hurricane93

Likes (Received): 0

How many workers/residents are there in a typical work day in Manhattan financial district ?

Hey everyone, this is my first post on the forum so I hope I could find the right section to ask about this.

As easy as this piece of information might seem, I failed to find any results for the last few hours of searching. I have found some websites stating that the financial district and the midtown of Manhattan are the two most densely populated areas during a work day. the most common estimate I found was in the range of 350,000/sq.km or ~900,000/sq.mile, but I failed to find how far these population densities extended from the point they were given and so I failed to give any reasonable estimate for the number of people present in these areas.

So, to be specific and clear enough, my question is simply about the number of people that are expected to be present say in a 0.5 mile radius circle from the center of the financial district in Manhattan during a typical workday. Are there any numbers available for this ?

Thanks in advance..

Last edited by Hurricane93; February 27th, 2014 at 04:57 AM.
Hurricane93 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 1st, 2014, 07:41 PM   #2
Airman Kris™
Infrastructure Geek

Likes (Received): 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane93 View Post
Hey everyone, this is my first post on the forum so I hope I could find the right section to ask about this.

As easy as this piece of information might seem, I failed to find any results for the last few hours of searching. I have found some websites stating that the financial district and the midtown of Manhattan are the two most densely populated areas during a work day. the most common estimate I found was in the range of 350,000/sq.km or ~900,000/sq.mile, but I failed to find how far these population densities extended from the point they were given and so I failed to give any reasonable estimate for the number of people present in these areas.

So, to be specific and clear enough, my question is simply about the number of people that are expected to be present say in a 0.5 mile radius circle from the center of the financial district in Manhattan during a typical workday. Are there any numbers available for this ?

Thanks in advance..
I have not read any numbers on it but If I had to estimate...maybe 2-3 million.
Old March 4th, 2014, 01:19 AM   #3
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1344

I remember reading somewhere that midtown swells up during the day with an additional 1.5 million.
Advertisement