Masshouse | Block M | Chapel Street | Residential | 15fl | 54.5m | Comp. - Page 78 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area > Completed Projects

Completed Projects Completed projects in the West Midlands Region

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 16th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #1541
Pompous Pilate

Likes (Received): 2

Shame... djay could have converted those units into his Clown School!

Im sure as its the same company, Exchange Sq. project will make use of maybe a tree lined walkway to connect its two projects down into Eastside city park.
Pompous Pilate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 16th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #1542
djay
The promised land

Likes (Received): 2738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompous Pilate View Post
Shame... djay could have converted those units into his Clown School!

Im sure as its the same company, Exchange Sq. project will make use of maybe a tree lined walkway to connect its two projects down into Eastside city park.
Funny. Real, Smart and intelligent comment.

What i will say is that there needs to be more interest on the route to Eastside and there just isn't any reason to go through Masshouse if they turn these into flats. It will have a similar affect to the library where they think the town centre finishes there. To encourage people through to Eastside you need a highly active route.

If I ain't the one I'm the prototype

Last edited by djay; March 16th, 2013 at 08:47 PM.
djay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #1543
ExchangeSquare
Exchange Square

Likes (Received): 3

First look at Spar fit-out

Hi guys,

Been a little while, but thought that you may be interested in a sneak peek (we haven't even put out a media release about this yet) on the fit-out taking place at the ground floor of the original Masshouse residential unit for Spar.

With Papa John's doing a roaring trade as well, we've also got another retail occupier lined up...although we'll have to wait to tell you more on that I'm afraid!

Dan.

PS: Apologies for being logged-in as Exchange Square on this one - we're going to change to a Masshouse-based account shortly to avoid any confusion between the sites!

Brummyboy92, ROYAL BLUE, Brum X liked this post

Last edited by ExchangeSquare; August 15th, 2013 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Additional info added
ExchangeSquare no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 17th, 2013, 06:09 AM   #1544
Typhoon2000
...Ready for departure.

Likes (Received): 790

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExchangeSquare View Post
Hi guys,

Been a little while, but thought that you may be interested in a sneak peek (we haven't even put out a media release about this yet) on the fit-out taking place at the ground floor of the original Masshouse residential unit for Spar.

With Papa John's doing a roaring trade as well, we've also got another retail occupier lined up...although we'll have to wait to tell you more on that I'm afraid!

Dan.

PS: Apologies for being logged-in as Exchange Square on this one - we're going to change to a Masshouse-based account shortly to avoid any confusion between the sites!
I wouldn't worry XS, it just great to see your updates around the area in general. Yep we got a whiff of this from the planning apps and I think this is going to be a busy area in the next couple of years... How are things with Exchange Square itself?

(Someone at Cadbury obviously has a sense of humour...)
This is Birmingham... FORWARD!!!
Typhoon2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #1545
sefton66

Likes (Received): 8197

image hosted on flickr

Spar Masshouse by ell brown, on Flickr

Brum X liked this post
sefton66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2013, 04:38 PM   #1546
djay
The promised land

I'll put this in here save bumping the other proposed thread.

Quote:
The design is conceived as a landmark development that envelops a series landscaped courtyards. The curved geometry of the buildings creates a distinctive architecture accentuated by feature towers, which terminate vistas down Aston Expressway, Jennings Road and Moor Street Queensway.

The proposal is for various buildings differing heights in a response to the adjoining neighbourhood. The masterplan creates a mixed-use community that accommodates residential, office and hotel uses. The buildings form a protective courtyard to the centre of the site, which will form a focus for the development.

Last edited by djay; October 3rd, 2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 05:44 PM   #1547
BlackCountryAl
Yam Yam

Likes (Received): 2115

How old is that proposal then? Looks like we lost out one something great when comparing block I and block M to what's shown there
BlackCountryAl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2013, 07:06 PM   #1548
djay
The promised land

No idea, I might have been just a masterplan for the site, it states the client as Crosby Midland and Stoford.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
eastside, residential