Sunderland and Durham Area - Jobs, Economic and Business News - Page 74 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > North East England > Sunderland and Durham

Sunderland and Durham For Sunderland, Washington, County Durham


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 1st, 2019, 11:28 AM   #1461
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 24,408
Likes (Received): 2769

This is also posted on the --Sunderland/Durham Retail thread,--


This from the Sunderland Echo,--


Bid launched to help boost Sunderland's high street


A campaign has been launched to shine a spotlight on independent shops, restaurants and businesses in Sunderland.
inSunderland is an initiative supported by Sunderland BID in collaboration with Save the High Street.

And it aims to connect a collaborative community which will support, promote and champion the independent businesses in Sunderland.

Read more https://www.sunderlandecho.com/best-...street-1328787
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 2nd, 2019, 10:08 AM   #1462
kingdom bhoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 4,209
Likes (Received): 1095

Quote:
Originally Posted by denm View Post
This is also posted on the --Sunderland/Durham Retail thread,--


This from the Sunderland Echo,--


Bid launched to help boost Sunderland's high street


A campaign has been launched to shine a spotlight on independent shops, restaurants and businesses in Sunderland.
inSunderland is an initiative supported by Sunderland BID in collaboration with Save the High Street.

And it aims to connect a collaborative community which will support, promote and champion the independent businesses in Sunderland.

Read more https://www.sunderlandecho.com/best-...street-1328787
Let's hope this makes a difference online shopping is destroying High Street shops.
__________________

denm liked this post
kingdom bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2019, 12:03 PM   #1463
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 24,408
Likes (Received): 2769

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdom bhoy View Post
Let's hope this makes a difference online shopping is destroying High Street shops.
Yes online shopping has had a massive impact on High Street shopping all over this Country,---also out of Town Retail Parks too,----so lets hope that this campaign will be able to help shops on the High Streets,---cheers.
__________________

kingdom bhoy liked this post
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2019, 02:31 PM   #1464
kingdom bhoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 4,209
Likes (Received): 1095

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdom bhoy View Post
I see there is a sold sign on the former HSBC bank building in Fawcwtt Street.

I wonder who has bought that?

I see the for sales signs are back on this building.
kingdom bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2019, 11:24 AM   #1465
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 24,408
Likes (Received): 2769

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdom bhoy View Post
I see the for sales signs are back on this building.

This is a shame,---wonder who was to take over the building?---dissapointing it's fell through.
__________________

BiffaBeercan liked this post
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 10:39 AM   #1466
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 24,408
Likes (Received): 2769

This is also posted on the --Projects/Construction and Development thread,--


This from the Sunderland Echo,--


Sunderland's former Alex Smiles waste plant set for new future as part of Liebherr expansion plans


A derelict waste site which fell victim to a major fire will now become home to a multi-national manufacturing company.
The former Alex Smiles waste plant at Deptford has been bought by Sunderland City Council and will now be leased to Liebherr Sunderland as it announces plans to expand its base in the city.

Read more https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/...-plans-1344750
__________________

kingdom bhoy liked this post
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 10:50 AM   #1467
kingdom bhoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 4,209
Likes (Received): 1095

Quote:
Originally Posted by denm View Post
This is also posted on the --Projects/Construction and Development thread,--


This from the Sunderland Echo,--


Sunderland's former Alex Smiles waste plant set for new future as part of Liebherr expansion plans


A derelict waste site which fell victim to a major fire will now become home to a multi-national manufacturing company.
The former Alex Smiles waste plant at Deptford has been bought by Sunderland City Council and will now be leased to Liebherr Sunderland as it announces plans to expand its base in the city.

Read more https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/...-plans-1344750
Excellent news.

kingdom bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2019, 11:16 AM   #1468
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 24,408
Likes (Received): 2769

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdom bhoy View Post
Excellent news.

Yeah this really is good news,---that site has been an eyesore and a waste for too long---but clearing it--and Liebherr then expanding it's business and creating more jobs is excellent news,--cheers.
__________________

SeanJB liked this post
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2019, 10:08 AM   #1469
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 24,408
Likes (Received): 2769

This from the Sunderland Echo,---


Sunderland to become first city in the UK to deploy 5G ready wi-fi


Sunderland is spearheading the mobile communications revolution.
The city is to become the first in the UK to deploy 5G (superfast ‘fifth generation’ telecommunications) ready WiFi, offering unparalleled upload and download speeds for phone users on the go.

New equipment installed in the city centre will create a pilot Sunderland City Centre communications ring and make 5G ready coverage available within the area of Keel Square and High Street West early in the New Year

Read more https://www.sunderlandecho.com/busin...-wi-fi-1345280
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2019, 02:04 PM   #1470
kingdom bhoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 4,209
Likes (Received): 1095

Rumours that Tesco mobile are going to open a call centre in Sunderland?
__________________

denm, eaim, BiffaBeercan liked this post
kingdom bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2019, 02:57 PM   #1471
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 24,408
Likes (Received): 2769

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdom bhoy View Post
Rumours that Tesco mobile are going to open a call centre in Sunderland?

Good news,---wonder if it will be at Doxy?
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2019, 04:52 PM   #1472
eaim
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: sunderland
Posts: 601
Likes (Received): 421

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdom bhoy View Post
Rumours that Tesco mobile are going to open a call centre in Sunderland?
Hopefully at Vaux
eaim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2019, 10:53 AM   #1473
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 24,408
Likes (Received): 2769

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaim View Post
Hopefully at Vaux

Would be great if they were to set up on the Vaux site--with another building and bringing in more jobs to the City,----fingers crossed.
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2019, 03:00 PM   #1474
eaim
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: sunderland
Posts: 601
Likes (Received): 421

Quote:
Originally Posted by denm View Post
Would be great if they were to set up on the Vaux site--with another building and bringing in more jobs to the City,----fingers crossed.
After thinking about this a little more, it would be a bit ironic if Tesco opened a call centre at Vaux.
__________________

BiffaBeercan, denm liked this post
eaim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2019, 04:40 PM   #1475
kingdom bhoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 4,209
Likes (Received): 1095

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaim View Post
After thinking about this a little more, it would be a bit ironic if Tesco opened a call centre at Vaux.

Doxford Park is the rumour?
__________________

denm liked this post
kingdom bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2020, 11:52 AM   #1476
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 24,408
Likes (Received): 2769

This from the Sunderland Echo,---


30 new software jobs in Sunderland city centre - how you can apply


A Sunderland software firm is to create 30 new jobs with its latest expansion.
Saggezza, which provides software solutions for clients including a global private investment banks and a global credit card brand, will expand its team in the city by around 50 per cent, after seeing global sales soar in 2019.

Among the roles the company is recruiting for are delivery managers, business analysts,

Read more https://www.sunderlandecho.com/busin...-apply-1359141
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2020, 01:31 PM   #1477
kingdom bhoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 4,209
Likes (Received): 1095

I wonder what happened about Stewart Donald's plans to open a car leasing call centre in Sunderland?

Its gone very quiet on this.
kingdom bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2020, 11:53 AM   #1478
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 24,408
Likes (Received): 2769

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdom bhoy View Post
I wonder what happened about Stewart Donald's plans to open a car leasing call centre in Sunderland?

Its gone very quiet on this.
Yeah,--seem to recall there being talk of him possibly starting up on the Vaux site?
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2020, 12:57 PM   #1479
kingdom bhoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 4,209
Likes (Received): 1095

Hearing that Game are closing some of their UK stores hope the Bridges one survives.
kingdom bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:26 PM   #1480
denm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 24,408
Likes (Received): 2769

This from the Sunderland Echo,--


Sunderland MP Bridget Phillipson seeks urgent meeting with the Government over 2,000 npower jobs fears


An MP is seeking an urgent meeting with government ministers over the future of around 2,000 call centre jobs.
Bridget Phillipson, Labour MP for Houghton and Sunderland South, has made her request in the House of Commons following energy firm npower’s announcement late last year that 4,500 jobs were expected to be lost across the UK as part of a “restructuring programme”.

Read more https://www.sunderlandecho.com/busin...-fears-1367694
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us