Ring 3 | Light Rail - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark > Copenhagen

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 1st, 2016, 12:53 PM   #1
Hafnia
Mod nye projekter

Likes (Received): 17519

Ring 3 | Light Rail

Greater Copenhagen Light Rail Ring 3

The construction law about the greater Copenhagen Light Rail has been unanimously adopted in Folketinget the 31st of May 2016.
The first early prepping work/construction will start in 2017
Facebook LetbaneRing 3 Hovedstadens Letbane

Facts

Quote:
· The Greater Copenhagen Light Rail will extend over 27 kilometres between Lyngby and Ishøj.
· It will pass through eight municipalities, with 27 stations.
· The Greater Copenhagen Light Rail will run for the first time in 2023.
· At six stations, passengers will be able to change to S-trains: Lyngby, Buddinge, Herlev, Glostrup, Vallensbæk and Ishøj.
· The Greater Copenhagen Light Rail will run every five minutes in daytime hours, and every ten minutes in the evenings and at weekends.
· 11 municipalities, the Capital Region and the Danish State are behind the Greater Copenhagen Light Rail. The municipalities are Lyngby-Taarbæk, Gladsaxe, Herlev, Albertslund, Rødovre, Glostrup, Brøndby, Hvidovre, Vallensbæk, Ishøj and Høje-Taastrup.
· Glostrup will be the largest Greater Copenhagen Light Rail station, with over 6,000 passengers in a weekday 24-hour period, followed by Lyngby, Herlev, Buddinge, at Lyngby Centrum and at Herlev Hovedgade.
· The Greater Copenhagen Light Rail system will reach an expected top speed of 70 km/h. The average speed will be around 30 km/h, including stops at stations.
· 13-14 million passengers are expected to use the Greater Copenhagen Light Rail on an annual basis. For comparison, the "Kystbanen" (coastal line between Copenhagen and Elsinore) had more than 10 million passengers in 2011.
· The price of the Light Rail system is approximately DKK 4 billion, besides approximately DKK 1.3 billion for the procurement of trains, etc.
· A Light Railway train can carry just over 200 passengers. This corresponds to three-four city busses.

Last edited by Hafnia; June 7th, 2016 at 10:24 AM.
Hafnia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 3rd, 2016, 04:19 AM   #2
szkic

Likes (Received): 2037

I've been to all European capitals and Købnhavn is undoubtedly my favourite one.
Old June 5th, 2016, 12:27 PM   #3
Hafnia
Mod nye projekter

Quote:
Hovedstadens Letbane kommer til at gå fra Lyngby til Ishøj (billedet), i alt cirka 28 kilometer.
Det koster cirka fire milliarder kroner at anlægge banen. Hertil kommer cirka 1,3 milliarder kroner til togsæt og etablering af kontrol- og vedligeholdelsescenter.
Illustration: Hovedstadens Letbane
Advertisement

Old June 7th, 2016, 10:19 AM   #4
Hafnia
Mod nye projekter

Hovedstadens Letbane

I hope the Letbane logo will be improved later on, it look a bit dull imo.

A rendering from the Glostrup station that will be the largest station with 6000 passengers.

And some videoes about the subject from 2012 and 2016.

Old October 14th, 2016, 08:32 AM   #5
Hafnia
Mod nye projekter

The Transport Minister submit the Light Rail in competition despite an early budget deficit.

http://www.building-supply.dk/articl...i#.WABqbTdJvq8

http://www.dinletbane.dk/nyheder/nyh...ffentliggjort/

StonoDk liked this post
Hafnia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2017, 08:24 PM   #6
Cafo

Likes (Received): 681

A status update. 2018 will be more eventful.

http://www.dinletbane.dk/nyheder/nyh...adens-letbane/
Quote:
Endelige bud fra entreprenører

Inden udgangen af året forventer Hovedstadens Letbane at kunne præsentere bestyrelsen og ejerkredsen for de endelige bud fra entreprenørerne. Ejerkredsen skal på den baggrund tage stilling til, om Hovedstadens Letbane må underskrive kontrakter.

I oktober 2016 blev opgaverne for Hovedstadens Letbane sendt i udbud til de prækvalificerede entreprenører. Her et år efter er processen ved at være i mål.

Hovedstadens Letbane har sendt i alt otte kontrakter i udbud, fem anlægskontrakter, en kontrakt på transportsystemet, en kontrakt på at bygge kontrol- og vedligeholdelsescentret og en driftskontrakt.

Med en ejergodkendelse i slutningen af 2017 forventes det forberedende arbejde at kunne gå i gang i 2018. Først skal området langs Ring 3 forberedes til anlægsarbejdet med ekspropriationer, nedrivninger og ledningsomlægninger. Herefter rykker letbane-entreprenørerne ind.

Letbanen forventes at få 13-14 mio. årlige passagerer og vil stå klar i 2023/24.

dysharmonica liked this post
Cafo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 12:25 AM   #7
dysharmonica

Location: København / Bratislava / Austin, TX / Philadelphia, PA
Likes (Received): 2088

The Dialog video from 2016 shows additional Letbane lines planned. It seems one of them is being studied and likely will turn to a Metro -- how far along is planning for the others? Are those serious plans, or just vision for now?

dysharmonica no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2017, 08:33 PM   #8
Cafo

There have been some studies but any decisions and funding are far off. The most likely is a Nørrebro to Gladsaxe line but that is probably beyond 2025.
Old October 26th, 2017, 06:31 PM   #9
Never give up

Likes (Received): 11771

Well, we all knew that. Do you think this will make Ole Birk Olesen more sympathetic to light rail?

https://byensejendom.dk/article/32-m...kstmotor-22869

frederiksberg, Hafnia liked this post
Never give up no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 12:13 AM   #10
Cafo

Facts don't stand a chance against ideology.
Old October 27th, 2017, 11:07 AM   #11
dysharmonica

how much of the budget for the letbane is coming from the state ?
Old October 27th, 2017, 11:27 AM   #12
Danton05

Likes (Received): 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafo View Post
Facts don't stand a chance against ideology.
You should be careful with "facts" commissioned by groups with a financial interest in the situation. It's hard to imagine them coming to the opposite conclusion at this point.

I think this is a decent project (the average speed is fine and Tvärbanan in Stockholm is certainly fairly popular) but the economy of the project itself doesn't look great and the main advantage over something like a BRT line seems to mainly be that legislation means light rail allows you to develope more "stationsnær" density.

Last edited by Danton05; October 27th, 2017 at 11:34 AM.
Danton05 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 11:29 AM   #13
ramblersen

Likes (Received): 2998

It is unfortunately not just Ole Birk Olesen that tries to stop the Ring 3 lightrail.

http://borsen.dk/nyheder/avisen/arti...iJMeW5nYnkiO30,
ramblersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 01:09 PM   #14
dysharmonica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danton05 View Post
You should be careful with "facts" commissioned by groups with a financial interest in the situation. It's hard to imagine them coming to the opposite conclusion at this point.

I think this is a decent project (the average speed is fine and Tvärbanan in Stockholm is certainly fairly popular) but the economy of the project itself doesn't look great and the main advantage over something like a BRT line seems to mainly be that legislation means light rail allows you to develope more "stationsnær" density.
well yes -- investment in a fixed-route brings confidence that it will not be gone in a week. Also people like living next to light rail more than BRT ... for whatever hipster reasons we're in no position to question.

Finally, when built right, light rail has much higher top capacity than BRT because the vehicles can be quite long.

The BRT conversation is always there, and in the end i have not seen any BRT system with actual separate riogh of way (not a watered down "BRT" that is common in the US) cost anywhere less that 80% of what light rail would have cost ... most of the cost in light rail and BRT is in giving it exclusive right of way -- whether there are tracks in it, or just pavement.

TheBikingViking, Never give up liked this post
Old October 27th, 2017, 06:18 PM   #15
Danton05

Likes (Received): 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysharmonica View Post
well yes -- investment in a fixed-route brings confidence that it will not be gone in a week. Also people like living next to light rail more than BRT ... for whatever hipster reasons we're in no position to question.
The lack flexibility is an argument against it, not in favour of it. It's not an advantage that you can't change the route 5 years later if it makes sense to change it then.

Much of the added development comes from how the stops are treated as stations, so allows for "stationsnær" density, and bus stops arent. But that's a legislative decision that could be change or adjusted if the motivation is there
Danton05 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 10:41 PM   #16
dysharmonica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danton05 View Post
The lack flexibility is an argument against it, not in favour of it. It's not an advantage that you can't change the route 5 years later if it makes sense to change it then.

Much of the added development comes from how the stops are treated as stations, so allows for "stationsnær" density, and bus stops arent. But that's a legislative decision that could be change or adjusted if the motivation is there
That density comes because that station is gonna stay there because one will not change the route ... it's a circular effect .. that is why it works (when it works)

TheBikingViking liked this post
Old October 28th, 2017, 12:10 PM   #17
Never give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblersen View Post

It is unfortunately not just Ole Birk Olesen that tries to stop the Ring 3 lightrail.

http://borsen.dk/nyheder/avisen/arti...iJMeW5nYnkiO30,
If the Conservative party get a majority in the communal election in November and start messing around with the Light Rail plans, I am sure the business and academic sector in the area, DTU, Novo and many others will invite themselves to a serious meeting with the mayor in the town hall and the Conservatives will quietly drop their protests.
Lyngby is probably the commune that has the greatest benefits of the Light Rail project.
Old October 28th, 2017, 02:34 PM   #18
Cafo

All rail investments are seriously capital intensive, and all capital intensive investments depend on wider societal developments for their success. Light rail vs busses is all about whether you will see increased private sector investments along the route. Hence the "facts" that matter are whether or not the private sector will vote with their money.
Old October 28th, 2017, 09:06 PM   #19
Zichau

Likes (Received): 226

I actually don't think conservatives and others in Lyngby don't want the light rail.

I just think they want a better version than the current.
Zichau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2017, 11:57 AM   #20
Never give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zichau View Post
I actually don't think conservatives and others in Lyngby don't want the light rail.

I just think they want a better version than the current.
A tunnel under Lyngby perhaps? That will be expensive, a bit late and I am sure the other 10 communes won't contribute.

Never give up no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: