[Budapest] Marina Part - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Hungary > Projects and Development > Tervek és építkezések > Budapest

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old March 11th, 2007, 12:52 PM   #1
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 13013

[Budapest] Marina Part

THE MARINA PART DEVELOPMENT

I copied the followings from the official web site (www.marinapart.hu) of the project.

BTW I dedicate this thread to the Hungarian Forumers, but especially to Bikes, because if I'm right He is a fan of the developer, Autoker Holding. But I hope all the other forumers from the countries of Central Europe and the whole wide world will like it.

"NEW WORLD - NEW LIFE

Move into a new apartment and turn over a new leaf! One of Budapest's most significant investment projects, Marina Part, grants an opportunity for you to do just this. On the banks of the River Danube, you can jog among shadowy trees alongside yachts bobbing softly on the water and then have a breakfast on your balcony looking directly over the Danube. Such a start will give a boost to your whole day, after which it will be a pleasure to return home and have a good swim in the residential park's swimming pool or make use of one of the numerous services rendered by the sports centre.

CLOSE TO THE DANUBE,
CLOSE TO THE IMPLEMENTATION

According to our plans the investment project will be completed in five or six years. In the first stage, directly on the banks of the Danube, the apartments of three buildings are completed, predictably till the beginning of 2006. We plan to hand over the second stage consisting of five buildings as a continuance of the first stage, which will also be constructed on the banks of the Danube, by the third quarter of 2006. Under the buildings, an underground parking will be accommodated, and on the first floor, a landscaped ornamental garden will provide comfort to the dwellers.

The size of the apartments varies from 40 m2 to 85 m2 each with a spacious balcony so that our prospective dwellers can enjoy the view; open up their living space onto the Danube and onto nature. On the topmost storey exclusive penthouse apartments with floor areas ranging from 50 m2 to 140 m2 will be developed, each with a huge roof terrace and a unique panorama. The everyday life of the dwellers of the building complex will be made easy and pleasant by the available services.

The swimming pool, sauna, fitness and aerobics room in the sports centre to be constructed soon will grant opportunity for activity and relaxation. Marina Part, with its own port, riverside promenades, restaurants and shops will provide a kind of lifestyle you may as well follow!"

The photos I shot today morning:

(Sorry if the photos are not so clear, my camera "took a shower" last night, and I forgot to clean the lens so the cam couldn't focus properly... )

The Marina-part project with tha FOKA bay in the foreground:

As you can see the surroundings are in quite a mess, the reason is two other large companies are building here aparments as well.

Autoker Holding (www.autoker.hu) sold a huge area to spanish side Fadesa Group...

So the rubish around the development zone belongs to Fadesa...

The third phase of the Marina-part project is under way...

Some of the buildings have already been completed.

"Eden, east of the Danube", as the sign says just beside the Main gate. Security personnel are petroling all around the construction site... I hope I can get in, and the new Danube promenade will be open for the public and not just for privileged individuals...

I hope this will get a new look some day...

Still outside of the gate... As you can see the Fadesa development is in a pretty early phase...

The Presitge-group is working here as well. They own this area... Fancy neighbourhood...

Ok. I sneaked in... Now the buildings from a closer distance...

Preparing for the next phase... New 9 story blocks will be built here... In the background you can see the Duna Plaza shopping mall which will be connected with the Marina Part by a nice promenade...

Earlier aerial photo, so you guys could imagine the project more easier.
On the left the Danube river, on right you can see the FOKA bay where - hopefuly - boats are going to park in the future...

Last edited by Qtya; March 12th, 2007 at 11:34 AM.
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 11th, 2007, 01:40 PM   #2
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 6488

Haha, thanks for the dedication. Well, i like this project, but a friend of mine said the quality of the materials used are quite cheap, and the walls are very thin. Still the properties are very pricey, you have to pay a lot to have such a view. Btw, the Tópart project (at the Egér út) ended up nicely, just been there a couple of weeks ago. I think i will go to swim there, because its not so crowded as the Kondorosi or the one next to the Campona (and theyve got two saunas and a jacuzzi as well).
Bikes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2007, 02:46 PM   #3
Qtya
sensational

Some photos I found on the website ot the project:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 11th, 2007, 04:37 PM   #4
Bikes
sababa

Oh nice thanks for the photos! The aerial shows really well the outline of the project. Btw, we have seen your car, we know you political views, and now we gotto see you girlfriend as well! What were you doing with your camera yesterday? Naughty-naughty!
Old March 11th, 2007, 08:06 PM   #5
Qtya
sensational

BTW! I would have only one question for the investor...
What will happen when the water-levels rise...?

Are the sandbag prices calaculated into the montly common charges?
(Mi a megfeleő szó a közös kölségre?)

Last edited by Qtya; March 11th, 2007 at 08:55 PM.
Old March 11th, 2007, 08:39 PM   #6
Bikes
sababa

Common charges!

LOL, probably they are going to have a free extra-large swimming pool for a few days. Otherwise no clue, but i would guess they have sandbags in the basements? Or at least some kind of plan... Maybe just evacuation plan
Wish the Danube was clear, imagine swimming in the river next to your house.. Bit utopistic now.
Old March 11th, 2007, 08:42 PM   #7
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikes View Post
Btw, the Tópart project (at the Egér út) ended up nicely, just been there a couple of weeks ago. I think i will go to swim there, because its not so crowded as the Kondorosi or the one next to the Campona (and theyve got two saunas and a jacuzzi as well).
Do You mean the Kőérberek Tóváros in the XIth district developed by Demján's Trigránit Group?
Never been there before...
Old March 11th, 2007, 08:51 PM   #8
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikes View Post
Wish the Danube was clear, imagine swimming in the river next to your house.. Bit utopistic now.
I hope this wont be an utopistic dream ten years from now... 95% of the sewers of Budapest will be cleaned biologicaly from 2010. Keep my fingers crossed for other envitonmental projects such as the one at North-Csepel will follow in Hungary and Slovakia too. So neither of the mentioned countries would pollute the Danube any more.
Old March 11th, 2007, 09:02 PM   #9
kokpit

Likes (Received): 23

Pretty huge project, does someone know how many apartments are being built in Budapest per year?

One more question: were there some heavy floods in Budapest in recent decades?
kokpit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2007, 09:47 PM   #10
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokpit View Post
One more question: were there some heavy floods in Budapest in recent decades?
2001, 2002, 2004, 2006...

But let the photos speak for themselves...

2nd of april, 2006

And I couldn't find any photos of Budapest's 3rd district were the situation was the worst.

You don't need to understand Hungarian:

http://hampage.hu/kozlekedes/arviz/

Last edited by Qtya; March 12th, 2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old March 11th, 2007, 10:18 PM   #11
Bikes
sababa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Do You mean the Kőérberek Tóváros in the XIth district developed by Demján's Trigránit Group?
Never been there before...
Yep, ő az! Once you have time you should check it (no worries, you can get inside, no security gates )
Old March 11th, 2007, 10:21 PM   #12
Bikes
sababa

Quote:
I hope this wont be an utopistic dream ten years from now... 95% of the sewers of Budapest will be cleaned biologicaly from 2010. Keep my fingers crossed for other envitonmental projects such as the one at North-Csepel will follow in Hungary and Slovakia too. So neither of the mentioned countries would pollute the Danube any more.
Fingers crossed here as well, naturally, but i dont find it too realistic. (now, but i might change my opinion in a few years time)
Old March 11th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #13
Marek.kvackaj

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
And I couldn't any photos of Budapest's 3rd district were the situation was the worst.
so any plan to build flood barrier around Danube near Budapest?
Marek.kvackaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2007, 11:45 PM   #14
Ataman
Some user

Likes (Received): 0

Yes, there is. Although I do not have a link, I know the barrier's height could be manipulated according to the height of the water once it's built.

-Ataman
Ataman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2007, 02:17 AM   #15
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Pretty huge project, does someone know how many apartments are being built in Budapest per year?
Last year 15152 new apartments were built.

I found this info on the www.magyarorszag.hu. Governmental web site...

Last edited by Qtya; March 12th, 2007 at 02:25 AM.
Old March 12th, 2007, 02:24 AM   #16
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek.kvackaj View Post
so any plan to build flood barrier around Danube near Budapest?
Yes there are plans, mainly for the 3rd district. Rómaipart and Csillaghegy, parts of the 3rd district are the most endangered parts of Budapest.
The ideal solution would be a special mobile flood barrier, but today there are no funds to finance the pretty expensive budget.
Old March 12th, 2007, 02:35 AM   #17
kokpit

Quote:
Last year 15152 new apartments were built.

I found this info on the www.magyarorszag.hu. Governmental web site...
Cool, in Prague only 7901 (in 2006). Budapest is bigger than Prague, but still this difference surprise me.
Old March 12th, 2007, 02:41 AM   #18
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Cool, in Prague only 7901 (in 2006). Budapest is bigger than Prague, but still this difference surprise me.
There was a 61% (!!!) increase from the year before!!!
Old March 12th, 2007, 02:43 AM   #19
kokpit

Quote:
But let the photos speak for themselves...
I know, in 2002 there were heavy floods in Prague (they say biggest in last 500 hundred years), but I think cities situated more down-river like Budapest are better protected, because river has more "opportunities" where to overflow (in lowlands). Worst situation is usually on the upper and middle reaches of a river.
Old March 12th, 2007, 11:08 AM   #20
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
I know, in 2002 there were heavy floods in Prague (they say biggest in last 500 hundred years), but I think cities situated more down-river like Budapest are better protected, because river has more "opportunities" where to overflow (in lowlands). Worst situation is usually on the upper and middle reaches of a river.
Yes it has more "oppoptunities", but the time a river like the Danube or the Tisza arrives to the lowlands, they have already gathered all the water, mud and other subsidence from the side-rivers that join into the main flow. In the upper regions usually rivers are very rapid and have less amount of water in them. So when the combined stream reaches the lowlands it suddenly slows, and at moment has the opportunity to settle down its subsidence. Thats why the rivers of the middle and lower reaches of a river are usually more shallow. It has to be cleaned very often to keep the river shipable. But naturally thats a horrible job at rivers that have a water output like the Danube. I think in the upper parts of a river floods are avoided much more easier because of its less rate of flow. Imagine how wide the Danube is in Hungary or Slovakia. Try to stop or control that mass of water.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
budapest

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: