Delta Corner | Westlands | 18, 18 fl - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > Nairobi Metro Region

Nairobi Metro Region Projects and construction in the Nairobi Metropolitan Region

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 6th, 2013, 07:12 AM   #101
Adm.Adama

Likes (Received): 9082

Quote:
Originally Posted by abckris View Post
Is there value in changing colour of pictures? I think they look worse than natural ones!
its not my picture

but i believe its adds aesthetic value to the photos

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC
Adm.Adama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #102
Adm.Adama

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #103
DAKTA
Daniel, the Engineure

Likes (Received): 906

Allow me Only this one time to be way out of topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adm.Adama View Post
its not my picture

but i believe its adds aesthetic value to the photos
According to me, it just make the photo worse. Well, I like original stuff. The photos are clear especially when taken with a high quality camera like canon and need no technical manipulation. See these photos taken by Canon.

sample this
image hosted on flickr

Personally, I don't like the so many upcoming photographers taking crowns just because they are able to change the colours of the photos probably using Picasa.
"Generally urban transport system development is an endless process of supply chasing demand. The effort is incremental, endless and frustrating. The equilibrium between demand and supply is fragile and is of short period. As urban transport investments are bulky and gestation periods long, the perception of the public is that of inaction and inefficiency. The Red Fox Syndrome, of need to run faster and faster to stay where one is,operates''

DAKTA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 13th, 2015, 05:00 PM   #104
Adm.Adama

Budhaa Bar

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC

Muitu, Kenyan_yungin, jeremyt, Mzeiya liked this post
Old June 13th, 2019, 06:39 PM   #105
sleekpiano

Likes (Received): 1538

zndetei liked this post
sleekpiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 08:49 PM   #106
Kenguy

Likes (Received): 3264

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekpiano View Post
Wameamua its German machines only.
Kenguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 11:04 PM   #107
abckris

Likes (Received): 2353

Aisee, sisemi kitu. Nimetulia tuli. Maana utasemaje sasa!! Inapendeza.
abckris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2019, 06:41 AM   #108
Amboseli Daima

Likes (Received): 875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenguy View Post
Wameamua its German machines only.
I wish all Nairobi CDB streets,Upper Hill ,Westlands and Kilimani were just as clean and neatly done as this.

Kijanamwafrika, ngara liked this post
Amboseli Daima no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 12:40 AM   #109
max0

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amboseli Daima View Post
I wish all Nairobi CDB streets,Upper Hill ,Westlands and Kilimani were just as clean and neatly done as this.
This is actually possible to do. The contractors doing this work are in Kenya. No idea why public spaces done by tax payer money are so poorly done. Again, just like the did in the reconstruction and remodernisation of Moscow, it is possible to ask all buildings in a street to share costs and remodel the street in which they are.
max0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 04:19 AM   #110
abckris

Likes (Received): 2353

Did you see our budget is Ksh. 200 bn more than that of Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda combined. We should not have bad roads or bad public buildings at all. Have you seen the little shack the govt. built at Nyayo house for receiving applications? The standards are so low, so where all the money goes is a good question to the ministry of finance.
abckris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 12:51 PM   #111
Okwonkwo

Likes (Received): 196

20% kickbacks are the order of the day in Kenya. So you quote your project figure of 10b and add another 50% for greasing various hands here and there, and to finally get paid you also have to give the accountant/finance officer his cut otherwise utaambiwa "cheque bado" until Kingdom comes.
Okwonkwo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 10:33 AM   #112
osebehk

Likes (Received): 44

Delta and One Place Afrika

Not sure whether this has been posted here before. The best picture I've seen so far. You can ignore the rest of the thread and caption
But how do you get full pictures to appear on the page? anyone who can do that please go ahead