Airports of Øresund Metro Area | News & Updates - Page 8 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark > Copenhagen

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 187 votes, 5.00 average.
Old September 6th, 2010, 09:11 AM   #141
JLAG

Likes (Received): 937

It looks like the terminal will have a slow start. I always hoped for Ryanair but it looks lite that Easyjet will be the only operator when they open up.

From todays Børsen:
Quote:
Det ligner mere no Go end Go, når Københavns Lufthavne slår portene op for lavprislufthavnen CPH Go i slutningen af oktober.

Lavprislufthavnen, der i torsdags ændrede navn fra Swift til CPH Go, ser kun ud til at have tilslutning fra Easyjet. Men Københavns Lufthavne har det ok med, at Go langtfra får en halleluja-start, skriver dagbladet Børsen..

"Det er også vores billede, at det kun er Easyjet, der vil benytte Go fra start. Vi synes, at det er ok med en stille opstart, da vi med Go taler om en helt ny type operation i lufthavnen. Vækstmæssigt har vi ingen halleluja-fornemmelse fra starten," erkender Henrik Peter Jørgensen, der er kommunikationsdirektør i Københavns Lufthavne.

I midten af maj var der deadline for at søge start- og landingstilladelser (slots, red.) i Go. Her lagde Easyjet, Ryanair, Norwegian og tjekkiske Wizz Air billet ind på at anvende terminalen. Andre lavprisselskaber, der bruger Københavns Lufthavne, som Transavia og Germanwings, valgte ikke at lægge billet ind på Go.

I juli trak Norwegian sig og i midten af august ville Wizz Air ikke lege med mere.

"Jeg tror ikke, at Ryanair kommer til at flyve fra København. De har ikke lagt billetsalg ud på nettet, og København findes ikke engang på deres hjemmeside. Det ligner kun Easyjet, der kommer til at bruge Go," siger Frank Holton, der er direktør i Airport Coordination Denmark, der planlægger og koordinerer start- og landingstilladelser til danske og islandske lufthavne.
JLAG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 6th, 2010, 11:08 AM   #142
Fab 5

Likes (Received): 3

To be honest, it sounds like a potential disaster trying to be covered communicatively by CPH.
Old September 6th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #143
JLAG

It is not that I disagree with you but I am afraid I do not follow you. How do you mean?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 6th, 2010, 11:25 AM   #144
Fab 5

Have you read the whole article in the actual paper?
Old September 6th, 2010, 11:27 AM   #145
JLAG

No I haven't. I plan to do that on my lunch.
Old September 6th, 2010, 11:38 AM   #146
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malmö | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 740

So Wizz Air will stay at MMX for the meantime. To my knowledge they are doing well there. I wonder how the fees at MMX are compared to those at CPH Swift.

The optimal situation would be CPH aquiring MMX altogether though.
Old September 6th, 2010, 11:42 AM   #147
Never give up

Likes (Received): 11900

Photo from CPH webside. Large photo if you click on Download.

http://www.cph.dk/CPH/DK/PRESSE/Foto...+ny+finger.htm
Never give up no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 11:46 AM   #148
JLAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by staff View Post
The optimal situation would be CPH aquiring MMX altogether though.
Couldn't agree with you more. Not the same business but CMP has proven that it is possible to co-operate over the borders so why not CPH and MMX as well?
Old September 6th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #149
JLAG

Back from lunch and I have now read the whole article . Yes they are really trying their best to cover up the fact that this is not a success. It will probably also stay so until they realize that low-cost airlines needs to save a little bit more per passenger before using the terminal. For those that haven’t read the article the newspaper refers to a study that concluded that the airlines will only save DKK 20 per passenger by using the new terminal. That is close to nothing and if it is true it is ridiculous to call this a low cost terminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab 5 View Post
To be honest, it sounds like a potential disaster trying to be covered communicatively by CPH.
Old September 10th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #150
Pisling
Construction Time Again

Likes (Received): 103

Quote:
Busiest August ever at Copenhagen Airport
More than 2.1 million passengers travelled through Copenhagen Airport in August, making it the busiest August in the history of the airport. More than 6.4 million passengers travelled through Copenhagen Airport during the three summer months, which is also a record.

A total of 2,101,481 passengers used Copenhagen Airport in August. This was a 12.9% year-on-year increase, making it the busiest August ever in the history of the airport.

“This summer was the busiest in the 85 years of the airport’s history. The strong growth during the summer proved that the Danes are again interested in travelling after the financial crisis,” said Carsten Nørland, VP, Sales, Copenhagen Airports.

Domestic traffic continued the growth record seen throughout the year, and the passenger number increased by 25.1% year on year. The number of international passengers rose by 11.6% in August, while the number of transfer passengers rose by 16.9%.

“Much of the growth in transfer traffic is attributable to our strategic partnership with SAS which involves a reduction of the minimum connection time from 40 to 30 minutes. That initiative generates more transfer passengers and helps strengthen Copenhagen Airport’s position as an attractive hub,” said Nørland.

The year-to-date rate of passenger growth at Copenhagen Airport is 7.6%.
Source: http://www.cph.dk/CPH/UK/Newsroom/Ne...month+ever.htm
Old September 11th, 2010, 01:37 AM   #151
staff
囧!

Looks like we're back in business.
Old September 14th, 2010, 03:29 PM   #152
Hafnia
Mod nye projekter

Likes (Received): 17808

I don't know anything about airports or airplanes, but apparently the worlds biggest the Airbus 380 from Lufthansa arriving tomorrow in Kastrup,
Politiken

Old September 14th, 2010, 06:15 PM   #153
staff
囧!

Yeah, it's doing promotional visits to all major Nordic airports, starting with CPH.
Old September 15th, 2010, 06:43 PM   #154
staff
囧!

Posted in the Nordic Aviation thread;

Quote:
At CPH which was its first stop in Scandinavia;

Quote:
More from Ekstrabladet;

China Eastern B777 tail fin visible to the right;

Welcome to Scandinavia!
Old September 16th, 2010, 11:05 PM   #155
ØlandDK
Used User

Likes (Received): 109

Don't know if this is the right place to put it but here it is

my flickr
ØlandDK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 09:36 AM   #156
Hafnia
Mod nye projekter

Likes (Received): 17808

Yeah, you can say a lot about SAS, but their commercials are brilliant - I guess that what we're paying extra for :-)
Old October 2nd, 2010, 11:14 PM   #157
Fab 5

As some of you may know, Brian Petersen was fired the other day - or at least that is what some media claim (and I agree - there is something rotten). Interestingly, it seems to be partly because of a disagreement over whether to build a new terminal at CPH or not - not the Go, but a T 4. Petersen wanted to go ahead with such a plan, seemingly because the airport is reaching near-capacity with regard to long-haul flights, but the majority owners, Macquarie, didn't not agree on going ahead with such a huge investment.
Old October 13th, 2010, 01:50 PM   #158
staff
囧!

Time to add another intercontinental route to the Öresund Region as SAS reinstates their CPH-Shanghai route.

http://se.yhp.waymaker.net/sasgroup/....asp?id=204356
Quote:
2010-10-13

Scandinavian Airlines set on expansion, adds number of long-haul and European routes

SAS will expand its route network with two new long-haul routes. Oslo-New York will commence end-March 2011, whilst Copenhagen-Shanghai will start during winter 2011. In addition, SAS will also launch a number of new European routes, as well as significantly increase frequency across its key short haul routes by 150 new weekly departures.

"Due to significantly reduced costs, a world-class product and improved market conditions, there are now greater prerequisites for a profitable expansion for SAS. We will improve our customer offering with both new routes and extensively adding new frequencies on existing routes," says Robin Kamark, Chief Commercial Officer, SAS.

"We are adding one Airbus A340 this winter as previously announced and another A340 next winter, which will bring our long-haul fleet to eleven. We are also adding back in traffic three short haul aircraft, previously leased out, during spring 2011," says Kamark.

The Oslo-New York route will be launched March 27 next year and serviced daily with an Airbus A330-300, offering 34 Business class seats, 35 Economy Extra and 195 Economy seats, whilst Copenhagen-Shanghai will start as five times weekly as of next winter, using an Airbus A340-300, which offers 46 Business class seats 28 Economy Extra and 171 Economy seats.

The additional European frequencies will be continuously introduced during spring 2011. Compared to same period last year, SAS will offer150 more departures a week on key routes.

In addition four new routes will open: Oslo-Munich, Oslo-Palma, Oslo-Split and Stockholm-Venice.

"With record-high load factor, the world's best punctuality record and the only airline in the world with the environmental certificates ISO14001 and EMAS, SAS is really ahead of the game right now, which is noticeable amongst our customers as we are also scoring the highest customer satisfaction right now," says Kamark.
Old October 13th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #159
staff
囧!

Updated intercontinental route list from Öresund airports;

ASIA
MMX - Amman (Royal Jordanian Airlines)
MMX - Bagdhad (Cham Wings Airlines)
CPH - Bangkok (SAS)
CPH - Bangkok (Thai)
CPH - Beijing (SAS)
CPH - Beirut (Middle East Airlines)
CPH - Damascus (Syrian Air)
MMX - Damascus (Cham Wings Airlines)
CPH - Doha (Qatar Airways)
CPH - Dubai (SAS)
MMX - Erbil (Iraqi Airways)
CPH - Islamabad (Pakistan Intl Airlines)
CPH - Karachi (Pakistan Intl Airlines)
CPH - Lahore (Pakistan Intl Airlines)
CPH - Shanghai (SAS)
CPH - Singapore (Singapore Airlines)
CPH - Tehran (Iran Air)
CPH - Tokyo Narita (SAS)

AFRICA
CPH - Cairo (EgyptAir)
CPH - Tunis (Nouvelair)

NORTH AMERICA
CPH - Atlanta (Delta Airlines)
CPH - Chicago (SAS)
CPH - Kangerlussuaq (Air Greenland)
CPH - New York JFK (Delta Airlines)
CPH - New York Newark (SAS)
CPH - New York Newark (Continental)
CPH - Toronto (Air Canada)
CPH - Washington DC (SAS)

Low Cost Carrier routes
CPH-Dubai (Norwegian)
CPH-Tel Aviv (Cimber Air)

30 intercontinental routes
25 intercontinental destinations
19 long haul carriers

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=CPH-PEK...=bm&MP=r&DU=mi

Last edited by staff; October 13th, 2010 at 02:29 PM.
staff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #160
moveteam

Likes (Received): 1902

Strong passenger growth at Copenhagen Airport continues

More than 2 million passengers travelled through Copenhagen Airport in September, representing a 12.3% year-on-year increase.

2,018,336 passengers
used Copenhagen Airport in September, marking the first time passenger numbers exceeded 2 million in the month of September.

“September was the fourth consecutive month of record-high passenger numbers, and after three months of summer with a clear majority of leisure passengers, September is typically a month when business travel picks up again after the holiday season. In our view the figures support that business passenger growth is continuing,” said Carsten Nørland, VP, Sales for Copenhagen Airports.

Domestic travel again accounted for the largest percentage growth with a 20.2% year-on-year increase. The number of international passengers increased by 11.4%, and the number of transfer passengers was 17.9% higher than in the same month of last year.

“The number of transfer passengers increased on a large number of routes, including Oslo and Stockholm, due both to our efforts to improve our transfer product and to the fact that SAS has again concentrated a large part of its traffic at Copenhagen Airport. Moreover, a number of northern European and Baltic destinations contributed substantial increases in the number of transfer passengers, all of which helps support our position as a northern European hub,” said Carsten Nørland.

The year-to-date increase in passenger numbers at Copenhagen Airport is 8.2%.
moveteam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
kopenhagen

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: