SkyscraperCity Forum banner

SYDNEY | Quay Quarter Tower | 216m | 709ft | 54 fl | Com

108K views 448 replies 31 participants last post by  2mchris 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

188m/45 floor AMP Centre at Circular Quay may soon undergo a $A1 billion redevelopment.

What's there currently;
i dont know about ugly. its very 70s. straight up and down box with large vertical piers.
should be more of them.
What's proposed;
estimated height 204m

pic by shumway
Some basic sketches at street level. I don't know the area so not sure if they reveal anything interesting.

Young Street

View from Macq park

Loftus Lane
Article in today's Australian Financial Review
Article
[/url] amp by nathand_80, on Flickr[/IMG]

See less See more
#32 ·
I asked about the residential component of the Quay Quarter Redevelopment at the local Australian forum, and apparently, two small highrise buildings and one lowrise building in the block to the west of the AMP office complex will contain the 150 residential units. I mistakenly believed that either a portion of the Quay Quarter Tower was going to be residential or the shorter AMP Building was going to be converted to residential. Here are a couple of renders and a map.

#40 ·
This is such an exciting construction process! Actually the thread title says "prep", but I would call this under construction, many people in the forum is missing out what is going on here because of that.
The forum is not missing out. Some of us have been posting exhaustive, weekly updates on Quay Quarter from April 2018. It's all in the Sydney section of the forum. :)

Reactions: Parra 1
#39 ·
3 August - looks like there was some sort of incident, as Phillip Street from Bridge and Albert Streets was sectioned off and closed. A number of police cars and ambulances were on site. (I couldn't find anything via Google News)

Quay Quarter Sydney by cnd

I am very curious how this building will turn out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.