Unified Grand Central Station - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 19th, 2017, 03:56 AM   #21
NegrenseBuglasnon

Likes (Received): 349

Ba't ba kasi may parking space sa gitna? Why don't they convert it to a da** multistorey parking lot? Para magkatabi na ang mga linya. Yun talaga ang original plan, diba? If Ayala wanted convenience for their Vertis project, edi sana they offered services to construct a station right smack between the Common Station and Quezon Avenue Station.
Advertisement

Old January 19th, 2017, 03:57 AM   #22
Transporter89
Infrastructures/Cities

Likes (Received): 1099

Kung mag.away2 tau dyan. Ibalik na natin original plan of Marcos.

Bulabugin natin ang gobyerno! Huwag tayong titigil hangga't hindi ito bumibili ng karagdagang tren at kumukuha ng magagaling at matitinong railway managers. Dikdikin natin ang gobyerno para diinan din nito ang mga negosyanteng nanlalamang sa kontrata at serbisyo.

Bosnyboy liked this post
Transporter89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 04:02 AM   #23
private-i

Likes (Received): 184

Wala na ba talagang pagasa ang original systra plan?
private-i no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 04:02 AM   #24
Parchie

Likes (Received): 2625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Higher View Post
Maka-Ayala kasi ang LP noon eh. Parang may "pabor"...
"Parang"? May konting duda pa ba diyan?
The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all: it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and originality.

- H.L. Mencken
Parchie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 04:09 AM   #25
NegrenseBuglasnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parchie View Post
"Parang"? May konting duda pa ba diyan?
May joke nga dati sa Ayala e. May isang friend na taga government na gustong lumipat sa private sector. Tinanong si friend in Ayala, sinabing "Sigurado ka ba? Kung lilipat ka dito, 'di ka pa rin nakalipat ng private sector."

Parchie liked this post
NegrenseBuglasnon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 04:16 AM   #26
McMarco

Likes (Received): 904

Quote:
Originally Posted by alongcomesagoat View Post
In my view: advantages of the proposed station:

- Spreads out the three lines, mitigating overcrowding
- Direct connection to the future Vertis North CBD, which also connects to various gov't offices
- Makes use of the wider triangular space between SM North and Trinoma, instead of squeezing everything within the width of EDSA as in the original design
- Most importantly: has the support of all major players, preventing any further delays

The argument that it makes commuters walk too far is baffling to me. SM Megamall from end to end is over 500 meters, but does anyone complain? It's not distance that matters but the quality of the walkway -- airconditioned, even floor, pleasant scenery.
I agree. Can you imagine if all three lines in one roof? We'll have a scene like this along EDSA:

Even if they get new trains for the MRT-3, it will still be unable to cope with the daily ridership once the MRT-7 is completed.

Last edited by McMarco; January 19th, 2017 at 04:26 AM.
McMarco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 04:17 AM   #27
NegrenseBuglasnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Okay...setting aside my "sama ng loob" with the Ayalas and putting my speculative engineering hat on....I'm still a transit geek.

One of the things that is really puzzling is the presence of two viaducts, one viaduct for MRT3 and another for LRT1. Currently there is one existing viaduct that physically links MRT3 and LRT1.

This is a clearer image of what walrus357 posted earlier...

source

It looks like the existing MRT3/LRT1 viaduct will remain BUT a *new* LRT1 viaduct will be constructed. If you look at the upper left part of the image, my guess is this new viaduct will be built and linked at the existing provisions left for the original Common Station. Now where the new LRT1 viaduct wlll end, who knows but obviously before the existing North Avenue Station.

It kinda makes sense since LRT1 is now under LRMC/Ayala so they can extend that a little with its own viaduct if they want. But note that MRT3 riders will be far away from MRT7 while the Ayala controlled LRT1 is sandwiched between.
Wait lang, is the highlighted block to the left of the Common Station SM Cyber West, or they plan on having a new structure on Paramount?
Old January 19th, 2017, 04:21 AM   #28
private-i

Likes (Received): 184

Agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMarco View Post
I agree. Can you imagine if the all three lines in one roof? We'll have a scene like this along EDSA:

Even if they get new trains for the MRT-3, it will still be unable to cope with the daily ridership once the MRT-7 is completed.
private-i no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 04:39 AM   #29
roydex

Likes (Received): 1791

I guess it too, our moderators would probably notice it if there's in need of transfer of
topic.

http://thephilippineskylines.tumblr.com/
roydex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 05:45 AM   #30
johannsky
BANNED

Likes (Received): 80

kung ayaw negative sila sa 2.8 b cost ng common station, e d ibalik nila sa dating budget which is nasa 700M (yata).

maitatayo naman ung common station sa ganung halaga, pero tingnan natin ang quality.

ano gusto nyo? expensive but with quality or cheap but low in class?

minsan lang magkaroon ng magandang infra ang pinas, aayawin pa rin? ano ba talaga kuya????
johannsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 05:57 AM   #31
Parchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannsky View Post
kung ayaw negative sila sa 2.8 b cost ng common station, e d ibalik nila sa dating budget which is nasa 700M (yata).

maitatayo naman ung common station sa ganung halaga, pero tingnan natin ang quality.

ano gusto nyo? expensive but with quality or cheap but low in class?

minsan lang magkaroon ng magandang infra ang pinas, aayawin pa rin? ano ba talaga kuya????
Depende na yan sa COA. IIRC, nagkagulo ang buhay ng ibang mayors diyan dahil gusto yung magarang designs at mamahaling muebles!
Alam mo naman sa gobiyerno, yung pinakamura ang dapat.
The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all: it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and originality.

- H.L. Mencken
Old January 19th, 2017, 06:18 AM   #32
lanz09

Likes (Received): 308

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMarco View Post
I agree. Can you imagine if all three lines in one roof? We'll have a scene like this along EDSA:

sa unang tingin maganda yung original plan pero overcrowded eventually once three lines are all operational.
lanz09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 06:18 AM   #33
johannsky
BANNED

Quote:
Depende na yan sa COA. IIRC, nagkagulo ang buhay ng ibang mayors diyan dahil gusto yung magarang designs at mamahaling muebles!
Alam mo naman sa gobiyerno, yung pinakamura ang dapat.
sana baguhin na yang sistema na kung ano ang pinakamura e syang makakakuha ng project. di baleng gumastos basta maganda at pangmatagalan ang kalidad. kesa mura nga e mapapamura ka sa design at ilang taon lang bulok na
Old January 19th, 2017, 06:20 AM   #34
johannsky
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanz09 View Post
sa unang tingin maganda yung original plan pero overcrowded eventually once three lines are all operational.
nagkakaroon ng overcrowding dahil mabagal ang takbo ng mga tren, laging nasisira, kulang sa mga bagon, at walang platform para sa mga pasahero.
Old January 19th, 2017, 06:35 AM   #35
b_two
100% Pinoy

Likes (Received): 1495

from dzbb: lahat ng kaso ay iaatras ng mga nag-sign sa agreement para sa common station

ronki liked this post
b_two está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 07:02 AM   #36
lanz09

Likes (Received): 308

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannsky View Post
nagkakaroon ng overcrowding dahil mabagal ang takbo ng mga tren, laging nasisira, kulang sa mga bagon, at walang platform para sa mga pasahero.

irregardless kung anung condition. imagine kung yung tatlong tren sabay sabay dumating sa common station tapos dun sa original plan napakaliit ng platform na shared pa ng tatlong system.

private-i liked this post
lanz09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 07:05 AM   #37
anonymous_filipino

Likes (Received): 1216

Nananahimik ako for the longest time because one of the forumers might accuse me again of benefitting from the new CS because of its proximity to the condos I'm marketing (I'm neither biased in favor of SM and Ayala because I market their condos in that area). But let me say my piece again. Travelling to Hong Kong, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Osaka in the past months and years made me realize that you cannot put a train station for 3 or more railway lines in a small area such as the whole width of EDSA. What I've noticed that those railway stations are very big, almost as twice as the width of EDSA. And transferring between 3 or more railway lines would really entail at least 50 meters walk (Japan's longer, mapapagod ka talaga kung hindi ka sanay sa lakaran). Tokyo's Shinjuku and Shibuya Stations, Osaka's Osaka-Umeda Station complex are very large that they occupy 1 or 2 city blocks in order to accommodate all railway lines that station there, including the subway lines. Even Hong Kong's Admiralty Station, since there is a new platform for the newly opened South Island Line, coming from Tsuen Wan Line and Island Line you have to walk for at least 200 meters to get to the South Island Line platform. And let's not forget that these stations are integrated or connected with the surrounding shopping malls becuase railway operators in those cities are also into the real estate business kaya sila malaki kumita din.

Kung ipipilit natin yung original location in front of SM North EDSA Annex, we can expect longer lines than what is the current scenario at North Avenue Station kasi siniksik natin sa ganung kasikip na lugar ang CS. The new compromise CS location is the perfect location as it spreads out the station both at EDSA and North Avenue, and it fully integrates with the UV Express terminals of SM North EDSA and Trinoma. 2.8B pesos isn't just for the Area A of the station, it is also for the costs of the new LRT 1 viaduct, new overhead catenary system and new signalling system for that LRT 1 portion. 2.8B is just the indicative cost, it might go down or go high. Tsaka remember what President Duterte said in a speech a few months ago: "Hindi porke't lowest bidder yun na ang pinakamaganda. Dyan pa nga nagkakaroon ng pangit na pagkakagawa. Minsan may corruption pa doon" He meant to say having the cheapest cost means it is the best. Sometimes doon meron "cutting corners".
anonymous_filipino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 07:13 AM   #38
johannsky
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanz09 View Post
irregardless kung anung condition. imagine kung yung tatlong tren sabay sabay dumating sa common station tapos dun sa original plan napakaliit ng platform na shared pa ng tatlong system.
nakapunta ka na ba sa ibang bansa na magkatapat lang ang platform ng dalawang linya ng tren? hindi nagkakaroon ng congestion dahil mabilis ang transition ng mga tren, nasa oras ang alis, mabilis at hindi nasisira.

kung magiging ganun ang sistema sa atin, sigurado ako na walang congestion na mangyayari.

kratos1211, vmanato liked this post
Old January 19th, 2017, 07:16 AM   #39
Parchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous_filipino View Post
Nananahimik ako for the longest time because one of the forumers might accuse me again of benefitting from the new CS because of its proximity to the condos I'm marketing (I'm neither biased in favor of SM and Ayala because I market their condos in that area). But let me say my piece again. Travelling to Hong Kong, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Osaka in the past months and years made me realize that you cannot put a train station for 3 or more railway lines in a small area such as the whole width of EDSA. What I've noticed that those railway stations are very big, almost as twice as the width of EDSA. And transferring between 3 or more railway lines would really entail at least 50 meters walk (Japan's longer, mapapagod ka talaga kung hindi ka sanay sa lakaran). Tokyo's Shinjuku and Shibuya Stations, Osaka's Osaka-Umeda Station complex are very large that they occupy 1 or 2 city blocks in order to accommodate all railway lines that station there, including the subway lines. Even Hong Kong's Admiralty Station, since there is a new platform for the newly opened South Island Line, coming from Tsuen Wan Line and Island Line you have to walk for at least 200 meters to get to the South Island Line platform. And let's not forget that these stations are integrated or connected with the surrounding shopping malls becuase railway operators in those cities are also into the real estate business kaya sila malaki kumita din.

Kung ipipilit natin yung original location in front of SM North EDSA Annex, we can expect longer lines than what is the current scenario at North Avenue Station kasi siniksik natin sa ganung kasikip na lugar ang CS. The new compromise CS location is the perfect location as it spreads out the station both at EDSA and North Avenue, and it fully integrates with the UV Express terminals of SM North EDSA and Trinoma. 2.8B pesos isn't just for the Area A of the station, it is also for the costs of the new LRT 1 viaduct, new overhead catenary system and new signalling system for that LRT 1 portion. 2.8B is just the indicative cost, it might go down or go high. Tsaka remember what President Duterte said in a speech a few months ago: "Hindi porke't lowest bidder yun na ang pinakamaganda. Dyan pa nga nagkakaroon ng pangit na pagkakagawa. Minsan may corruption pa doon" He meant to say having the cheapest cost means it is the best. Sometimes doon meron "cutting corners".
IMPO, we can't go on arguing without seeing numbers as basis for each othe posters' claim/s.

How many do you think will this station handle? Then we move forward as to these lines can cope with the total volume. Deal?

- H.L. Mencken
Old January 19th, 2017, 07:29 AM   #40
johannsky
BANNED

Quote:
IMPO, we can't go on arguing without seeing numbers as basis for each othe posters' claim/s.

How many do you think will this station handle? Then we move forward as to these lines can cope with the total volume. Deal?
I agree with anonymous_filipino's comment. Well to some comments na puro negative na lang ang sinasabi na wala naman basis ang mga sinasabi, i agree with you na lets argue once an actual number has been released.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement