St Martin's Place | Broad Street | Residential/Retail | 17fl | 53m | U/C - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area > Birmingham Construction Forum

Birmingham Construction Forum Building projects in Birmingham and the Black Country

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 1st, 2018, 11:05 PM   #61
kranger84

Likes (Received): 23

I can confirm the new Seven Capital site, St Martins place marketed as 'A first for Birmingham City Centre property' is the site next to the Park Regis site, they will be utilising the hotel facilities

here is a snippet of the marketing that has came out

Situated in a prime position in Birmingham city Centre, on Broad Street, just minutes from the main business districts, this flagship development will set a new standard in luxury living, with 228 spacious, one, two and three bedroom apartments and residents’ amenities including private gym, cinema, Wi-Fi cafť and 24 hour concierge.

The interiors are being designed by the internationally acclaimed Daniel Gibbons, who has styled homes for celebrities and footballers.

Neighbouring the renowned Park Regis Hotel, this will be the only development in Birmingham to offer hotel services to its residents.
Think 1 Hyde Park in London and the Mandarin Oriental. Use the hotel for services including catering, cleaning, bed-turning, room service and washing and ironing. Order at any time using the unique hotel app or the 24 hour concierge. Attracting mid to high level corporate tenants from the likes of HSBC and Deutsche Bank, investment opportunities like this come around very rarely.

24 Hr ConciergeHigh security levelsUnderground parkingHotel style receptionSpacious Wifi LoungeExclusive use of the private cinemaExclusive use of the private state of the art gymCommunal Gardens Many apartments with balconies and terracesNest Thermostat App to control your appliances from your phoneApp to order cuisine and beverages from the hotelAlexa as StandardUnique style spec for each unit – choose between Standard, Luxury or SuperiorServices at the hotel – Spa and treatment rooms, bar and restaurantCompletion Q4 2020 150 year leaseService Charge £2.65psf pa

These unique and contemporary apartments will offer next level luxury for the fast-growing executive market in Birmingham, and are ideally located within walking distance of the main business centres. BrindleyPlace – home to Deutsche Bank and RBS is just a five-minute walk. The £700 million Paradise development and Arena Central, which between them will house circa 9,500 staff from HSBC, HMRC and PwC alone by 2020, are at the end of the road.

Set to hold strong appeal from the most discerning executive tenant, St Martin’s Place offers easy access to the best of Birmingham’s retail, leisure, bustling nightlife and exceptional dining scene. As well as being a business hub, the nearby BrindleyPlace offers a plethora of popular restaurants and bars and is positioned between the Birmingham Arena and International Convention Centre and Symphony Hall. The new Metro Extension will have a stop very close to the development on Broad Street and provide easy access around the city and outside

Old June 2nd, 2018, 12:48 AM   #62
sefton66

Likes (Received): 8031

I wonder if colmore tang will have a go at this one or if seven capital will sub it out to another contractor like landsdowne house
sefton66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2018, 01:29 AM   #63
Kingsheathen
Kingsheathen

Likes (Received): 2137

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefton66 View Post
I wonder if colmore tang will have a go at this one or if seven capital will sub it out to another contractor like landsdowne house

I know someone who went to work for Colmore Tang and he said he would be working on this project.

Letís hope Colmore Tang donít **** it up.
Kingsheathen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2018, 02:44 AM   #64
JayPeeDee
Gone for a bit

Likes (Received): 4473

Not anything particularly unique there TBH. A bed turning service. Ironing. Mmmm.

And there's now 9,500 staff at HSBC, HMRC and PWC is there? Right... A bit of a fib methinks.
JayPeeDee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2018, 10:25 AM   #65
fruit&nut
Proud European

Likes (Received): 947

Good news, but I don’t understand the name given that it’s no-where near St Martins.
(Edit...just read Reiss’s post on the Official Brum Thread......it’s on St Martins Street. I wonder how the street got that name.)

Also I thought the hotel in The Cube offered services to residents?

Last edited by fruit&nut; June 2nd, 2018 at 10:30 AM. Reason: You really do learn something every day!
fruit&nut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2018, 03:33 PM   #66
Brum X

Likes (Received): 17688

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPeeDee View Post
Not anything particularly unique there TBH. A bed turning service. Ironing. Mmmm.

And there's now 9,500 staff at HSBC, HMRC and PWC is there? Right... A bit of a fib methinks.
Might be close to that number of workers when Project CHERRY is announced ???
Old June 2nd, 2018, 03:38 PM   #67
Force_alfa

Likes (Received): 527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brum X View Post
Might be close to that number of workers when Project CHERRY is announced ???
Ooooo who can be project cherry... hopefully itís another bank.

It canít be C4 as itís only going to be 350 roles.

Brum X liked this post
Force_alfa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2018, 03:41 PM   #68
BhamBadger

Likes (Received): 1600

I thought the fruit codebames were government contracts.

The government is also discussing a permanent strategy to move more departments out of London.

None of the juicy stuff, mainly the call centers and service and whatnot.

leonigmig liked this post
BhamBadger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2018, 05:22 PM   #69
sefton66

Think department for transport was heavily rumoured as was education
Old June 2nd, 2018, 06:21 PM   #70
Astonian

Likes (Received): 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPeeDee View Post

Is it really that far off? I thought it was 2k at HSBC, 3.5k at HMRC, and 4K at PwC.
Astonian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2018, 02:12 AM   #71
leonigmig

Likes (Received): 602

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamBadger View Post
I thought the fruit codebames were government contracts.

The government is also discussing a permanent strategy to move more departments out of London.

None of the juicy stuff, mainly the call centers and service and whatnot.

Yep, and HMG is implementing, not discussing this strategy. Although out of "central London" is more accurate.

And it is the juicy stuff- look at National Cyber Security Centre, Government Digital Service landing in Manchester. Ofgem and MOJ moving out of Westminster to Canary Wharf & Croyden.

Most of this is public information, my understanding is Brum will have three hubs- battle is whether we get any of the juicy, i.e. digital, directorate and strategy stuff.

Kingsheathen liked this post
leonigmig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2018, 03:00 AM   #72
JayPeeDee
Gone for a bit

Likes (Received): 4473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonian View Post
Is it really that far off? I thought it was 2k at HSBC, 3.5k at HMRC, and 4K at PwC.
PwC can accommodate 2,400 if full but initially it's 1,400. The other two you are correct. So I make it 7,000. Still a lot but we all know why there's a desire to exaggerate.
JayPeeDee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2018, 11:33 AM   #73
sefton66

Why have HSBC took so much space compared to staff it will hold? Future expansion on the cards to around 3500 wouldn’t be unreasonable given the size I don’t think?

We know HSBC sandpits will be going at some point and giveaways is a mess too...

As for gov departments

Transport would be a great pull and with us chosen to hold the world summit on clean air, the history of car making and centre of transport network would make sense too

Education has been rumoured too which wouldn’t be a bad shout as a central location with a mixture of pupil backgrounds across the city and mixture of schools

MoJ could revive the new courts building but for somewhere else
Old June 3rd, 2018, 12:07 PM   #74
BhamBadger

We know we're never gonna get the FCO or Chancellery or Home Office,

but if we got some decent DfT, or Education that's a really decent shout.

I hope Birmingham has a strategy for attracting departments. Wolverhampton Council has a fairly strong strategy from my talks with councillors (Ironically somewhat positioning themselves as the Croydon of a Greater Birmingham from what I can gather).
Old June 3rd, 2018, 01:26 PM   #75
GregglesUK

Likes (Received): 973

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefton66 View Post
Why have HSBC took so much space compared to staff it will hold? Future expansion on the cards to around 3500 wouldnít be unreasonable given the size I donít think?

We know HSBC sandpits will be going at some point and giveaways is a mess too...

Sorry Iím not following this. The opposite is true, the new building is going to be full to capacity as will Edmund Street, and they are hiring spaces in nearby buildings too. Wouldnít be a surprise to see further expansion in brum, itís a lower cost location than London and now with so much of the bank here it would be natural location for further growth.

Brum X liked this post
GregglesUK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2018, 02:13 PM   #76
sefton66

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregglesUK View Post
Sorry Iím not following this. The opposite is true, the new building is going to be full to capacity as will Edmund Street, and they are hiring spaces in nearby buildings too. Wouldnít be a surprise to see further expansion in brum, itís a lower cost location than London and now with so much of the bank here it would be natural location for further growth.
The size of the building for 2000 employees compared to hmrc and pwc suggests it could house more employees
Old June 3rd, 2018, 02:23 PM   #77
Brum X

Likes (Received): 17688

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregglesUK View Post
Sorry I’m not following this. The opposite is true, the new building is going to be full to capacity as will Edmund Street, and they are hiring spaces in nearby buildings too. Wouldn’t be a surprise to see further expansion in brum, it’s a lower cost location than London and now with so much of the bank here it would be natural location for further growth.
I would love to see HSBC UK at the top of 103 Colmore Row, how awesome.

I know im jumping the gun a little however 103 is not a huge building to fill with some extra HSBC staff
Old June 4th, 2018, 02:02 PM   #78
leonigmig

Likes (Received): 602

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamBadger View Post
Chancellery

You mean the Treasury? Or the Cabinet Office?

I suppose something worth understanding is that departments are not "one thing" unless its tiny ones like The Medical Research council or Ofgem. They have different departments in different places.

The strategy is to move multiple departments into "hubs". We have a few hubs going in, the question is which bits of what departments will move there. Not whether whole departments will move.
leonigmig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2018, 02:37 PM   #79
RalphGuy

Likes (Received): 4845

Can we get back on topic please. I've asked Belfast to move the posts from #67 onwards to the Official Birmingham Development thread as this thread has been somewhat derailed.

rotundazag, Brum X liked this post
RalphGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2018, 02:38 PM   #80
BhamBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonigmig View Post
You mean the Treasury? Or the Cabinet Office?

I suppose something worth understanding is that departments are not "one thing" unless its tiny ones like The Medical Research council or Ofgem. They have different departments in different places.

The strategy is to move multiple departments into "hubs". We have a few hubs going in, the question is which bits of what departments will move there. Not whether whole departments will move.

Yes I do, I've been unfortunately indoctrinated into the European standard equivalents of words and when writing accidentally defaulted to those without thinking!

What I was trying to say, and saying poorly in a hastily written forum post from my phone was, it's a shame that there won't be a wholesale movement of ministries from central London, and while the decentralisation of the hubs is a godsend in our overly unitary centralised system, it isn't to the extreme degree many people would hope for.

It's unlikely there will be a move outside of London for any hubs relating directly to upper figures within the executive, or even any high profile defense or treasury officals, which some people may well, and quite justifiably, be wanting.

Though I hope I'm proved distinctly wrong, and some big name and high profile hubs are created in the region.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement