TNVS Thread (Discussions regarding Uber, Grab, U-Hop, etc.) - Page 14 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure

Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure » Airports and Aviation | Railways | Highways and Roadways | Maritime | Urban Planning

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 24th, 2019, 11:35 AM   #261
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 10797

Sad news for carpooling - Wunder Manila to close shop on 28 June 2019

PRRD, #SONA2019
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 24th, 2019, 06:22 PM   #262
johnmizer_ver_2

Likes (Received): 150

See?

All those pesky 3 wheeled vehicles...

Broke taxi fleets owned by somebody in the government....

Stupid jeepneies ...

Old buses owned by somebody in the government ...

Stupid cargo trucks owned by somebody in the government, hence we never had cargo trains...

thrives...

Uber and Wunder didn't... Because they are not owned by somebody in the government...

s_w_stars, azumiii liked this post
johnmizer_ver_2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2019, 05:58 AM   #263
azumiii

Likes (Received): 1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Higher View Post
Go-Jek won't be coming to the Philippines. As usual, ayaw ng LTFRB dahil matatalo ang mga taxi.

LTFRB panel denies Go-Jek entry into Philippine market
Aika Rey - Rappler
Published 6:44 PM, January 08, 2019
Updated 6:54 PM, January 08, 2019

Will post the whole LTFRB BR 2018-096 once it is available on LTFRB website.
Hello Philippine Competition Commission, Angkas motor taxi is thriving.
Why not give more choices for the riding public?
Old July 1st, 2019, 12:43 PM   #264
crappypants
SPEED

Likes (Received): 1537

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmizer_ver_2 View Post
See?

All those pesky 3 wheeled vehicles...

Broke taxi fleets owned by somebody in the government....

Stupid jeepneies ...

Old buses owned by somebody in the government ...

Stupid cargo trucks owned by somebody in the government, hence we never had cargo trains...

thrives...

Uber and Wunder didn't... Because they are not owned by somebody in the government...
Why is there not a law where public officials cannot own a franchise in transportation? there is conflict of interest there.

crappypants liked this post a million times

metrosuburban liked this post
crappypants no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2019, 10:37 PM   #265
metrosuburban

Likes (Received): 430

they can easily create dummies out of their relatives and close friends.. Lusot paren
metrosuburban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2019, 08:25 AM   #266
Valorian

Likes (Received): 42

mukhang tuloy yung tigil pasada ng Grab sa Lunes, tapos may pa dialogue (nanaman) ang LTFRB sa July 9

sana naman talaga e may bumulong kay Digong na palpak tong si Delgra at yung mga tao sa LTFRB
Valorian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2019, 05:35 PM   #267
Romb

Likes (Received): 3399

Wala ba ritong nakakaalam sa Transportify at Lalamove kung ok na source of income ito.Mayroon na akong isa na taga deliver ng mga pintura pero gusto ko pang malaman ito.Thanks
Romb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2019, 01:18 PM   #268
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Likes (Received): 5403

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet...

Anti-Red Tape Authority targets LTFRB

Quote:
MANILA, Philippines — The Anti-Red Tape Authority (Arta) has demanded an explanation from the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) on allegations that there were irregularities in its processing of hatchback drivers’ applications to become transport network vehicle services (TNVS) units.

In a notice of explanation sent to the agency on Wednesday, Arta director general Jeremiah Belgica ordered LTFRB Chair Martin Delgra III to comment, within three days, on seven issues regarding the processing of TNVS applications, including the transport board’s alleged failure to implement Memorandum Circular No. 2018-5.

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection
queetz@home no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2019, 02:43 AM   #269
Sky_Higher
Bibimbaaaaaap

Likes (Received): 1391

Angkas did an oopsie, and PNP, how ironic, biglang kambyo sila sa usapin na yan. :\
Sky_Higher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 04:03 PM   #270
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection
Old September 2nd, 2019, 09:40 AM   #271
Sky_Higher
Bibimbaaaaaap

Coming from an African TNVS company posted on World Economic Forum. Well convenient nga mag-Grab as alternative to taxis, nakakadagdag naman sa traffic, along with the boom of former commuters from the middle class na afford nang magka-sasakyan. Though not Philippine-related, it's still a good read though.

Ride-hailing apps are making the developing world's traffic problems worse
05 Aug 2019 - World Economic Forum
Mostafa Kandil - CEO and co-founder, Swvl
Quote:
Ride hailing has revolutionized transport across the globe. Once only found in the US and Europe, ride-hailing companies have quickly expanded into emerging markets such as Kenya, Nigeria, and Egypt. Because local transport in these places is often poor quality, unreliable and expensive, on-demand transport has provided a great service to consumers. In Africa alone, the need for convenient transportation has led to a surge of ride-sharing services on the continent with nearly 60 companies in operation across 21 African countries. But despite the benefits of ride hailing, it is a limited solution to transport problems in emerging markets and only works for a small share of the population.

Ride hailing puts more cars on traffic-choked roads and exacerbates standstill congestion in cities such as Cairo and Nairobi. The proliferation of ride-hailing companies has put a spotlight on the harm caused by ride hailing in emerging markets, and has exposed the need for alternative solutions, including on-demand mass transit.
Old September 3rd, 2019, 05:21 AM   #272
absinthe_888

9 years na akong nagwwork sa MM pero wala pa sigurong 15x ako nag white taxi dahil takot ako

Uber then was godsend. Tapos nagka Grab, tapos nawala Uber :/

As posted here several pages back by TGP on benefits / advantages of Uber vs. Taxi, no contest.

---

As always, simple lang naman bakit mas gusto ng tao mag sasakyan / TNVS: Because our public mass transpo absolutely sucks.

Gustong gawan ng paraan ng gov't as per JICA roadmap masterplan, kaso yung anak ni FPJ tutol naman sa EP.

So, wala.

PRRD, #SONA2019

mordecai027 liked this post
Old September 3rd, 2019, 05:28 AM   #273
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Traffic is going to increase whether there is TNVS or not so I'm glad Grab is there as an *option*. I have two cars and can easily bypass the coding but there will be times taking Grab makes absolute sense, specifically when going to places you know parking will be non-existent (i.e. St Luke's QC, most restaurants in Timog and Tomas Morato, a friend's house in Cubao, etc). It doesn't matter how much the surge, if anything I wish LTFRB didn't impose a surge cap so drivers will be given the incentive to drive even during peak hours and bad weather. As long as there are people willing to pay (like me), the price should go as high as it can be as getting a ride on the occassional "emergency" can be priceless.

The LTFRB is the root cause of all transport problems in this country and their handling of the TNVS is absolutely pathetic. This is the same agency that allowed the bus system to baloon to the extent it has become more off a problem than a solution. It should be abolished and if private city bus companies are to prevail at an uncontrollable rate, then TNVS should too.

Old September 3rd, 2019, 11:17 AM   #274
Sky_Higher
Bibimbaaaaaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Traffic is going to increase whether there is TNVS or not so I'm glad Grab is there as an *option*. I have two cars and can easily bypass the coding but there will be times taking Grab makes absolute sense, specifically when going to places you know parking will be non-existent (i.e. St Luke's QC, most restaurants in Timog and Tomas Morato, a friend's house in Cubao, etc). It doesn't matter how much the surge, if anything I wish LTFRB didn't impose a surge cap so drivers will be given the incentive to drive even during peak hours and bad weather. As long as there are people willing to pay (like me), the price should go as high as it can be as getting a ride on the occassional "emergency" can be priceless.

The LTFRB is the root cause of all transport problems in this country and their handling of the TNVS is absolutely pathetic. This is the same agency that allowed the bus system to baloon to the extent it has become more off a problem than a solution. It should be abolished and if private city bus companies are to prevail at an uncontrollable rate, then TNVS should too.
Also, the boom of private cars is attributed for tge country being too dependent on United States where cars are more convenient than public transport. It might be a left-wing rhetoric but for me, that's the truth.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 08:01 AM   #275
absinthe_888

★★★★★

May your tribe increase Sir. *salute*

JD

PRRD, #SONA2019

[email protected] liked this post
Old September 27th, 2019, 06:59 PM   #276
absinthe_888