Projects & Discussion | SYDNEY | News, Gossip & Ramblings - Page 180 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > New South Wales > Sydney CBD

Sydney CBD and surrounding inner-city areas

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 10th, 2019, 07:53 AM   #3581
hornetfig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizer View Post
Sometimes I wonder whether I've done a time warp back to Year 7 with some of the posters. Not entirely confined to the devotees of Melbers, either.
Bit of a worry.

is serious business in this forum

But there's also a (hard fought) reason CUL's no longer an Ozscraper's mod.
hornetfig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2019, 01:42 AM   #3582
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 19848

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Andrews View Post
Geez Cul has offended a few keyboard warriors (from down south) over in the national threads.

Trivial stuff, but emotions have gotten the better of a few posters.
yeh not sure if ill be around much longer.only so much can take.
Church Hill tower- 1797, Macquarie Tower-1818, St James Church -1822, Garden Palace- 1879, Sydney Harbour Bridge -1932, Sydney Opera House- 1973, Sydney Tower- 1981, Crown Sydney- 2021, twin towers- 2024, supertall 2025 https://www.buildsydney.com/forum
CULWULLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2019, 01:57 AM   #3583
Brizer

Likes (Received): 6353

Unfortunately it is the way of the modern world, and those who criticise, denigrate and abuse from the safety of the keyboard are usually those who have nothing positive or constructive to offer.

S.Zampatti, cnd, M.Aurelius liked this post
Brizer está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2019, 02:58 AM   #3584
S.Zampatti

Likes (Received): 929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizer View Post
Unfortunately it is the way of the modern world, and those who criticise, denigrate and abuse from the safety of the keyboard are usually those who have nothing positive or constructive to offer.
Very sad, and very true.
S.Zampatti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2019, 03:18 AM   #3585
CULWULLA

might just stay in nsw section. everytime i post something in vic threads of skyscraper forums they arc up.
Church Hill tower- 1797, Macquarie Tower-1818, St James Church -1822, Garden Palace- 1879, Sydney Harbour Bridge -1932, Sydney Opera House- 1973, Sydney Tower- 1981, Crown Sydney- 2021, twin towers- 2024, supertall 2025 https://www.buildsydney.com/forum

Destinationdeco liked this post
Old November 11th, 2019, 04:29 AM   #3586
SydneyG

Likes (Received): 799

Quote:
Geez Cul has offended a few keyboard warriors (from down south) over in the national threads.

Trivial stuff, but emotions have gotten the better of a few posters.
Why, what happened?
SydneyG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2019, 06:31 AM   #3587
Decatur

Likes (Received): 2854

Greetings from Melbourne. Can I please take this opportunity to wish all NSW contributors the very best in the face of what looks like a horrendous fire day tomorrow. While we can all get argy bargy over skyscrapers, in the scheme of things it is simply a personal or business interest for us. I pray that you and your loved ones will stay safe and that we can continue to have fun on skyscrapercity for many years to come.

I'm absolutely certain that I speak on behalf of all Melbourne based contributors and those elsewhere.
Decatur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2019, 09:01 AM   #3588
ferroviar

Likes (Received): 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decatur View Post
Greetings from Melbourne. Can I please take this opportunity to wish all NSW contributors the very best in the face of what looks like a horrendous fire day tomorrow. While we can all get argy bargy over skyscrapers, in the scheme of things it is simply a personal or business interest for us. I pray that you and your loved ones will stay safe and that we can continue to have fun on skyscrapercity for many years to come.

I'm absolutely certain that I speak on behalf of all Melbourne based contributors and those elsewhere.
Very kind of you, Decatur - your wishes are very much appreciated! Greetings and best wishes to all forum members in Melbourne too!

Last edited by ferroviar; November 11th, 2019 at 09:42 AM.
ferroviar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2019, 11:01 AM   #3589
SydneyG

Likes (Received): 799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decatur View Post

Thank you very much mate, much appreciated. We can user as many prayers as possible right now
SydneyG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2019, 12:00 AM   #3590
Sky_Is_The_Limit

Likes (Received): 7594

AFR reporting Stockland will lodge a Stage 1 DA in 2020 to demolish its landholdings at 133 Castlereagh / Stockland Piccadilly and replace them with a new A Grade office tower & podium retail.

https://www.afr.com/property/commerc...0191113-p53a51

CUL - this area comes under sun access plane restrictions for Hyde Park West. Considering ANZ Bank Tower (191m) is to the immediate south, and the planned Tattersalls Tower (168m) is to the immediate north, what is the likely permissible height for a tower on this site?

mw123, fro liked this post
Sky_Is_The_Limit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2019, 05:32 AM   #3591
CULWULLA

it can go to about 160m on pitt and 120m on castlreagh, probably be a large floor plate building
Old November 14th, 2019, 06:02 AM   #3592
Decatur

Likes (Received): 2854

Guys, amazing that Mark Steinert and the team at Stockland are looking to demolish this. It just shows the ongoing demand for office space and the impetus gathering through the relaxation of plot ratios etc in the Sydney CBD. I've known Mark for more than 30 years and he certainly knows what he's doing. Looking forward to seeing a high quality outcome here.
Decatur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2019, 08:14 PM   #3593
Harry Andrews

Likes (Received): 1509

We should see a better looking building than the current ignominious pile - a late entry in the ‘high rise leagues’ club/shopping centre’ school of architecture,* pioneered by (surprise, surprise) shopping centre developers like Westfield and Stockland.

*Westfield Towers on William Street is a prime example.
Harry Andrews no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2019, 09:32 AM   #3594
hornetfig

Why not both?: AMP Bondi Junction Plaza Tower I (1975)

(Marginally improved by raw concrete being painted white in 2003)
hornetfig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2019, 01:23 PM   #3595
xing lin
I ♥ NSW 2150

Likes (Received): 1389

Quote:
We should see a better looking building than the current ignominious pile - a late entry in the ‘high rise leagues’ club/shopping centre’ school of architecture,* pioneered by (surprise, surprise) shopping centre developers like Westfield and Stockland.

*Westfield Towers on William Street is a prime example.
The Westfield Towers on William Street is undoubtedly the best of the bunch, and just a beautiful building in general. Those clean lines and nested curves

This is the best kind of exterior concrete!
xing lin está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2019, 01:56 PM   #3596
prp002

Likes (Received): 4616

It was state of the yart in 1973

xing lin liked this post
prp002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2019, 08:24 PM   #3597
Harry Andrews

Yes, with the Cronulla-Sutherland Leagues’ Club of a few years later employing similar architectural mouldings.

Meanwhile over at Carlton, St George Leagues’ Club for many years resembled a Keith Lord showroom. I think there was one of the latter just down the Highway towards Blakehurst.
Old November 16th, 2019, 01:49 AM   #3598
prp002

Likes (Received): 4616

Quote:
Yes, with the Cronulla-Sutherland Leagues’ Club of a few years later employing similar architectural mouldings.

Meanwhile over at Carlton, St George Leagues’ Club for many years resembled a Keith Lord showroom. I think there was one of the latter just down the Highway towards Blakehurst.

prp002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2019, 02:19 AM   #3599
Harry Andrews

Yup.
Old November 18th, 2019, 03:45 AM   #3600
mandonov
Sure, Jan...

Likes (Received): 1896

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...13-p53aer.html

Quote:
A lost decade and a lame decade - but is Sydney finally making a comeback?

Michael Koziol
November 17, 2019 — 12.00am

Gabriel Metcalf, the Committee for Sydney's recent recruit from San Francisco, spent much of his first year in the job listening to people complain about their own city.

"Everybody just stop whinging!" he joked to stakeholders at a drinks function following the think tank's annual general meeting last month.

One of the recurring grievances? "So many people told me about how after the [2000] Olympics, Sydney took a break from adding to infrastructure, from building, from moving forward - this so-called lost decade. So many people said that."
Continued in link

A nice piece of analysis in the SMH that I largely agree with. I think the infrastructure projects finishing up in the last couple years has been the beginning of that 'psychological reboot' that Sydney needs.

mw123, ArthurDayne, fro liked this post
mandonov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mandurahboyz