CHANGCHUN | Public Transport - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 8th, 2018, 09:29 AM   #61
uwhuskies

Likes (Received): 399

Nice pic of the old Changchun tram. When where those pictures taken?
uwhuskies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 8th, 2018, 02:09 PM   #62
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 111

Some of these Changchun station designs are frankly quite tacky and gaudy. I wish Chinese metro designs would move away from the typical layout or style, its more or less the same.

Chinese metro designers should really look into those of Europe, these are all very elegant and tasteful in design. Simplicity is key, otherwise it looks like an amusement park ride.

Helsinki, Finland

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Leipzig, Germany

Zaz965 liked this post
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2018, 07:31 PM   #63
cormiermax

Likes (Received): 46

Changchun seems to have visually some of the worst station designs in China, which is saying a lot... They really need to find an alternative to the Shijiyuan for such important projects with such potential.
cormiermax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 9th, 2018, 09:15 AM   #64
Arnorian

Likes (Received): 20619

Station designers for China's silty and muddy plains don't have the liberties Finish designers have. Their stations are in hard shield bedrock. Look at the stations in Stockholm, they don't even need vaults.
Old October 10th, 2018, 12:38 PM   #65
cormiermax

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnorian View Post
Station designers for China's silty and muddy plains don't have the liberties Finish designers have. Their stations are in hard shield bedrock. Look at the stations in Stockholm, they don't even need vaults.
That's no reason to cover every inch of space with gaudy decoration, its simply poor design probably as result of someone being responsible for this aspect of the project without having any merit. These are major pieces of public infrastructure, not street-side hair salons.

Even something purely functional, using higher quality materials and having attention to detail (as in much of Japan's transport related architecture) would be lightyears ahead of what they're doing in Changchun (along with many other places in China). Chongqing seems to be doing better in this regard, although I haven't been there personally so I can't say for sure.
cormiermax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2018, 09:50 AM   #66
Arnorian

Likes (Received): 20619

I agree.
Old October 30th, 2018, 04:29 AM   #67
saiho

Likes (Received): 4422

Line 8 under trail operation.

Posted by 开心财神

Munwon liked this post
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2018, 06:34 AM   #68
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 8832

Line 8

http://life.china.com.cn/2018-11/01/content_121245.html

http://life.china.com.cn/2018-11/01/content_121245.html

Munwon, metro-world liked this post
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2018, 06:39 AM   #69
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Line 8

Source: http://www.jl.xinhuanet.com/2018-10/30/c_1123634663.htm
Old November 4th, 2018, 01:47 PM   #70
gao7

Likes (Received): 3672

Changchun adds light rail line
The third line of Changchun’s light rail network opened on October 30. Line 8 runs north from the northern terminus of metro Line 1 at North Ring Road to Guangtong Road.
Services on the elevated 13·3 km route with 12 stops run every 10 min from 06.00 to 21.00, offering an end-to-end journey time of 28 min.
CRRC Changchun supplied a fleet of six-section Type C light rail vehicles, which are stabled at a depot at Taiping depot near the northern end of the route. They have capacity for 622 passengers, including 124 on seats which are heated to provide greater comfort in the city’s cold winters. The LRVs draw power at 750 V DC and have a maximum operating speed of 70 km/h.
Construction started in April 2014 and was undertaken by China Railway Electrification Bureau.
The second phase would extend the route by 27·6 km from Guangtong Road to Mishazizhen, adding nine stops.

https://www.metro-report.com/news/news-by-region/china/single-view/view/changchun-adds-light-rail-line.html?sword_list[]=china&no_cache=1
gao7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2018, 03:42 PM   #71
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 2604

As always, when some long awaited opening takes place I miss out another, this time line 8 a.k.a. Beihu line earlier this week (Confirmed by Ditiezu posts and Baidu maps showing it). I see they have deleted one station from the original plan and renamed several others. In addition as it is fully grade separated it qualifies as a full, albeit light, metro line (It would be a light rail line if it had at-grade crossings). According to my data Changchun subway stands at 65.7 km (only counting full metro lines, i.e. those that are powers of 2), and at 96.8 km (if light rail line 3 is included), Wikipedia has it at 68.8 and 100.7 km respectively as like always I have something missing. Right now Changchun is the city with the least km of metro U/C among those with metro in operation of mainland China (if I said just "China" I would be wrong because AFAIK Gaoxiong in Taiwan has nothing U/C now), although several lines are approved for the short term.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Last edited by CNGL; November 4th, 2018 at 03:50 PM.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 05:33 AM   #72
saiho

Likes (Received): 4422

Posted by Hhh6078

Munwon, Arnorian liked this post
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 06:01 PM   #73
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 671

Compared to New York City subway stations Changchun's stations look impressive. I like how across China their subway systems are designed to be unique rather than bland and all looking the same.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 04:35 PM   #74
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 24492

Aug 13, 2018
China okays $11.45 billion in new urban rail projects in Changchun
Excerpt

BEIJING (Reuters) - China’s state planner has approved a total 78.7 billion yuan ($11.45 billion) of urban railway projects in the capital of the northern Jilin province, the country’s first urban rail project to be approved in a year, local media reported on Sunday.

The approval for the projects in Changchun city signals the restart of infrastructure projects that Beijing had put on hold as it sought to contain local government debt, part of its multi-year risk crackdown.

The Politburo, China’s top decision-making body, said in July that China could boost infrastructure spending, confirming a Reuters exclusive that China was planning to ease borrowing curbs on local governments to prop up growth as the economy slows amid a heated trade row with the United States.

The state planner has approved urban railway projects including eight subway lines, with estimated length of 135.4 kilometers for Changchun, the National Business Daily (NBD) said on Sunday, citing an announcement on the Jilin Development and Reform Commission’s website.

That is more than double the number of urban rail lines Changchun currently have in operation right now - one underground metro that just opened last year and two light rail lines.

metro-world liked this post
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2019, 07:08 PM   #75
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 24492

Munwon liked this post
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2019, 12:01 AM   #76
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dennis.Deng View Post
Sorry to ask ... But Line 8 is then similar to the LRT on lines 3 and 4, or uses "normal" metro type trains?
Line 8 uses same type of rolling stocks like line 3 & 4, so line 3, 4 & 8 are light rail lines.

Line 1 & 2 are metro lines

LIne 55 & 56 are tram lines.
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2019, 12:02 AM   #77
Ashis Mitra

Changchun metro is improving year by year. In last year at last line 2 has opened, it is the 2nd metro line. I think it is the better metro line, and also the busier. The layout is almost like the Bengaluru metro, and of course Kolkata metro, i.e. – cross section, one is north-south line, another is east-west line. Line 2 has also connection with Changchun tram network at two points, among them, the best is at Changchun West rail station, It is one of the best interchange in China, where tram, metro, suburban train – all three types of electric rail transport is meeting. This line also has light rail interchange at two points.

I heard this line is also being extended 1 km after Shuangfen, is it true? What will be the name of that new station, and when it is planned to open?
Old April 10th, 2019, 02:33 PM   #78
Ashis Mitra

After opening of line 2 metro, it is one of the best interchange in China, where tram, metro, suburban train – all three types of electric rail transport is meeting.

Changchun tram was one a bigger network with 7 routes, an 88 km, could anyone post here such a map of its maximum extent?
Old April 29th, 2019, 12:25 PM   #79
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 2604

We missed the addition of one station to line 1 on January 26. It's Changchun Zhan (railway station), which finally provides a direct interchange between metro and light rail. No new mileage was added.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2019, 12:09 AM   #80
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
We missed the addition of one station to line 1 on January 26. It's Changchun Zhan (railway station), which finally provides a direct interchange between metro and light rail. No new mileage was added.
weren't metro and light rail already directly connected at Changchun Zhan North and Weixing Sq?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
buses, changchun, light rail transit, trams, transport