Saltwell and Bensham Housing Regeneration | Gateshead | Various | U/C - Page 22 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > North East England > Newcastle Metro Area

Newcastle Metro Area For Newcastle, N Tyneside, Gateshead, S Tyneside, South Northumberland

Old April 29th, 2019, 03:00 PM   #421
Ken O'Heed

Likes (Received): 3924

Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration, latest situation on "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" - pictures 28/04/19

Following up on Alf Stone's recent posts

Some further pictures by myself on Saturday 28/04/19 approx 1130 looking across the area Westminster St to Dunsmuir Grove showing the current situation with early stage of works on the "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration site

Images initially hosted on Photobucket with image reduced to appropriate size using method noted in https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showp...55&postcount=1 (flagged up by newcastlepubs in his post https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showp...postcount=1996), using 1024 rather than 800 pix (when using a portrait format picture will be using 768 or 684, being dependent on camera used), to produce an image size similar to what have used in the past

BUT re-input images on 24/05/19 resized with images now hosted using Post Image site, postimages.org , and their system to resize to appropriate size, 1024 width x 768 to produce an image size similar to what have used in the past

A bit of effort with the extra work and especially time needed to resize images following the recently introduced changes to Photobucket system - from 23/05/19 PM scuppered by introduction of another "New beta version Photobucket" again resulting in problems of upload, resizing etc

Will help speed up load up time to view on forum

KEN

Last edited by Ken O'Heed; May 24th, 2019 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Resized images using Post Image site
Ken O'Heed está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 15th, 2019, 07:25 PM   #422
Ken O'Heed

Saltwell And Bensham (Phase 1), new build housing west of Saltwell Rd, being called "TRILOGY Saltwell", situation on 15/06/19

Last covered on post #419 on 26/04/19 (view from train)

Some pictures taken by myself on Saturday 15/06/18 approx 1030 to show the works carried out on the Saltwell And Bensham (Phase 1), new build housing west of Saltwell Rd, being called "TRILOGY Saltwell" site

Traffic measure being installed to of Macadam St, near junction with Saltwell Rd

Views of houses at west edge of site, access route parallel with railway now open to the public but still some "minor" siteworks taking place, including looking to be associated with electricity services

Foot of Macadam St

From foot of Macadam St heading north to Armstrong St

Armstrong St

Foot of Brunel St

No sign yet of the "artwork" to be provided at tunnel under the railway at foot of Armstrong St

Images hosted on Post Image site

KEN
Old June 15th, 2019, 07:39 PM   #423
Ken O'Heed

Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration, latest situation on "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" - pictures 15/06/19

Last covered on post #421 on 26/04/19

Some further pictures by myself on Saturday 15/06/19 approx 1030 looking across the area Kelvin Grove, over Dunsmuir Grove to Westminster St showing the current situation with early stage of works on the "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration site as viewed with compact lens through mesh fencing

View along Rawling Rd

Reduced level excavation of houses on former Westminster St terrace

Dunsmuir Grove now fenced off

View of Kelvin Grove area of site

KEN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 22nd, 2019, 10:19 AM   #424
Ken O'Heed

Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration, latest situation on "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" - pictures 21/07/19 Part 1 of 2

Last covered on post #423 on 15/06/19

Some further pictures by myself (over 2 posts) on Sunday 21/07/19 approx 1045 - 1100 looking across the area Kelvin Grove, across closed for access Dunsmuir Grove to Westminster St showing the current situation with early stage of works on the "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration site as viewed with compact lens through mesh fencing

Bulk excavation and sewer work taking place as can be seen in these pictures, taken with compact camera lens through mesh site fencing

Views down the site from Rawling Rd, Westminster St to the right

From Westminster St

More on following post

KEN
Old July 22nd, 2019, 10:19 AM   #425
Ken O'Heed

Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration, latest situation on "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" - pictures 21/07/19 Part 2 of 2

Part 2 of 2

Some further pictures by myself on Sunday 21/07/19 approx 1045 - 1100 looking across the area Kelvin Grove, across closed for access Dunsmuir Grove to Westminster St showing the current situation with early stage of works on the "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration site as viewed with compact lens through mesh fencing

From rear lane Westminster St/Dunsmuir Grove looking up the site

View from bottom of closed off Dunsmuir Grove looking up the site

Views on walk up Kelvin Grove

KEN

mjkns, nightshot99 liked this post
Old August 18th, 2019, 10:37 AM   #426
Ken O'Heed

Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration, latest situation on "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" - pictures 17/08/19

Last covered on post #424 - 425 on 22/07/19

Some further pictures by myself from Saturday 17/08/19 approx 1800 - 1815 looking across Kelvin Grove, across closed for access Dunsmuir Grove to Westminster St showing the current situation with early stage of works on the "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration site as viewed with compact lens through mesh fencing

Bulk excavation and sewer work continues to take place as can be seen in these pictures, taken with compact camera lens through mesh site fencing

Rawling Rd, temporarily closed to vehicles to allow for drainage works

Views down the site from Rawling Rd, Westminster St to the right

Views from Westminster St

Views from Kelvin Grove

Rawling Rd

KEN
Old August 18th, 2019, 03:13 PM   #427
kjohn

Likes (Received): 3

Very positive to see these houses being built here, regenerating the area, rather than on green belt land somewhere in North Tyneside or Cramlington or something like that.
kjohn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2019, 04:36 PM   #428
alf stone

Likes (Received): 479

Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration Trilogy Phase 1

The last time I walked down Brunel Street I wondered how long it would be before there was an outcry over the state of the roads:

Disgusted Gateshead residents are demanding works on a new estate is completed

The homeowners, who live on the Trilogy development, near Saltwell Park in Gateshead , have been calling on Linden Homes to finish off the road but they say they keep getting the brush off.

Paul Mennim, 43, said: "The roads are a complete mess, the residents have been on the phone and nothing happens."

The Brunel Street resident warned that the road outside his property is in such a poor state it could cause damage to passing vehicles.

"The roads could do damage to people's cars," he said.

The full story is here:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...works-16844430
alf stone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2019, 08:31 PM   #429
Ken O'Heed

Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration, latest situation on "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" - pictures 31/08/19

Last covered on post #426 on 18/08/19

Some further pictures by myself from Saturday 31/08/19 approx 1015 - 1030 looking across Kelvin Grove, across closed for access Dunsmuir Grove to Westminster St showing the current situation with early stage of works on the "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration site as viewed with compact lens through mesh fencing

Bulk excavation and sewer & manhole work continues to take place as can be seen in these pictures, taken with compact camera lens through mesh site fencing

From Kelvin Grove

View up former rear lane Dunsmuir Grove/Westminster St

From Westminster St

Down area from Rawling Rd

KEN
Old September 29th, 2019, 04:02 PM   #430
Ken O'Heed

Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration Trilogy Phase 1, west of Saltwell Rd, road resurfacing etc - pictures 29/09/19 Part 1 of 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf stone View Post
The last time I walked down Brunel Street I wondered how long it would be before there was an outcry over the state of the roads:

Disgusted Gateshead residents are demanding works on a new estate is completed

The homeowners, who live on the Trilogy development, near Saltwell Park in Gateshead , have been calling on Linden Homes to finish off the road but they say they keep getting the brush off.

Paul Mennim, 43, said: "The roads are a complete mess, the residents have been on the phone and nothing happens."

The Brunel Street resident warned that the road outside his property is in such a poor state it could cause damage to passing vehicles.

"The roads could do damage to people's cars," he said.

The full story is here:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...works-16844430
Not sure if making representation to the press had any result but when visiting the Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration Trilogy Phase 1 site area on a wet Sunday 29/09/19 approx 1115 noticed that some permanent resurfacing of roads had been carried out

Pictures (over 3 posts) by myself Sunday 29/09/19 approx 1115 showing the situation at that time

View of Brunel St

View north along Berners-Lee Rd towards Trevethick St

View south along Berners-Lee Rd from foot Brunel St towards Armstrong St, part resurfaced

More on following post

KEN
Old September 29th, 2019, 04:02 PM   #431
Ken O'Heed

Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration Trilogy Phase 1, west of Saltwell Rd, road resurfacing etc - pictures 29/09/19 Part 2 of 3

Part 2 of 3

Pictures by myself Sunday 29/09/19 approx 1115 showing the situation at that time

Foot of Armstrong St, view south to Macadam St

No sign of artwork yet, see previous post #386 from 29/01/18, https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showp...&postcount=386

Armstrong St

Rear Saltwell Rd lane, between Armstrong St and Macadam St

More on following post

KEN
Old September 29th, 2019, 04:03 PM   #432
Ken O'Heed

Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration Trilogy Phase 1, west of Saltwell Rd, road resurfacing etc - pictures 29/09/19 Part 3 of 3

Part 3 of 3

Pictures by myself Sunday 29/09/19 approx 1115 showing the situation at that time

Top of Armstrong St including Signs in place about the resurfacing works

Top of Macadam St

Rear Saltwell Rd lane, Macadam St to Armstrong St

Rear Saltwell Rd lane, top Macadam St and beyond, looking north

KEN
Old September 29th, 2019, 04:50 PM   #433
Ken O'Heed

Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration, latest situation on "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" - pictures 29/09/19 Part 1 of 2

Last covered on post #429 on 31/08/19

Some further pictures by myself from Sunday 29/08919 approx 1100 - 1115 taken on a walk down Westminster St looking across closed for access Dunsmuir Grove to Kelvin Grove showing the current situation with works on the "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration site as viewed with compact lens through mesh fencing

Bulk excavation and sewer & manhole work continues to take place as can be seen in these pictures, but now some foundations in place at foot of Westminster St

Views from Rawling Rd

Views from Westminster St

More on following post

KEN
Old September 29th, 2019, 04:51 PM   #434
Ken O'Heed

Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration, latest situation on "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" - pictures 29/09/19 Part 2 of 2

Part 2 of 2

Some further pictures by myself from Sunday 29/08919 approx 1100 - 1115 taken on a walk down Westminster St looking across closed for access Dunsmuir Grove to Kelvin Grove showing the current situation with works on the "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration site as viewed with compact lens through mesh fencing

Near foot of Westminster St

View of site, foot of Dunsmuir Grove, from top Armstrong St looking across Saltwell Rd

KEN
Old October 15th, 2019, 08:52 PM   #435
alf stone

Trilogy Phase 2

I coudn't resist the temptation to take this picture this morning of the first courses of bricks on the north side of the site. I had to be quick because a group of visitors was about to be shown around that part of the site. They were either visitors or bosses judging by the spotless hi-viz jackets and gleaming hard hats:

DSCF4406 Trilogy 2 by alfred stone, on Flickr
Old October 27th, 2019, 11:46 AM   #436
Ken O'Heed

Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration, latest situation on "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" - pictures 26/10/19 Part 1 of 2

Some further pictures by myself from Saturday 26/10/19 approx 1230 - 1245 showing the current situation with works on the "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration site as viewed with compact lens through mesh fencing

Kelvin Grove

Dunsmuir Grove

Images hosted on Post image site

More on following post

KEN
Old October 27th, 2019, 11:46 AM   #437
Ken O'Heed

Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration, latest situation on "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" - pictures 26/10/19 Part 2 of 2

Part 2 of 2

Some further pictures by myself from Saturday 26/10/19 approx 1230 - 1245 showing the current situation with works on the "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration site as viewed with compact lens through mesh fencing

Westminster St showing brick substructures

KEN
Old November 3rd, 2019, 09:05 PM   #438
alf stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken O'Heed View Post
Not sure if making representation to the press had any result but when visiting the Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration Trilogy Phase 1 site area on a wet Sunday 29/09/19 approx 1115 noticed that some permanent resurfacing of roads had been carried out

Pictures (over 3 posts) by myself Sunday 29/09/19 approx 1115 showing the situation at that time

View of Brunel St

KEN
There ws a flurry of activity on Brunel Street a couple of weeks ago when I passed on a bus. Diggers, wagons and lots of workmen were all in evidence but it still wasn't finished when I was there this afternoon:

DSCF4711 Trilogy Phase 1 Brunel Street by alfred stone, on Flickr

DSCF4712 Trilogy Phase 1 Brunel Street by alfred stone, on Flickr

DSCF4713Trilogy Phase 1 Brunel Street by alfred stone, on Flickr
Old December 1st, 2019, 02:04 PM   #439
Ken O'Heed

Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration, latest situation on "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" - pictures 01/12/19 Part 1 of 2

Last covered on posts #436 - 437 on 27/10/19

Some further pictures by myself on a sunny but frosty Sunday 01/12/19 approx 0945 - 1000 showing the current situation with works on the "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration site as viewed with compact lens through mesh fencing

Lot more concrete foundations in place and masonry, some now above concrete ground slabs, continues to be built on Westminster St

Rawling Rd

Views from wander down Westminster St towards Saltwell Rd

More on following post

KEN
Old December 1st, 2019, 02:05 PM   #440
Ken O'Heed

Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration, latest situation on "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" - pictures 01/12/19 Part 2 of 2

Part 2 of 2

Some further pictures by myself on a sunny but frosty Sunday 01/12/19 approx 0945 - 1000 showing the current situation with works on the "Trilogy Phase 2 (Kelvin Grove)" Saltwell And Bensham Regeneration site as viewed with compact lens through mesh fencing

Near foot of Westminster St

Views from lane rear Westminster St/Dunsmuir Grove, next to Stirling House Pub

Area Dunsmuir Grove/Kelvin Grove

Top Kelvin Grove

KEN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
construction, constructions, gateshead, housing, newcastle, project, project - newcastle area, projects