Projects & Discussion | PARRAMATTA | Low/Mid-Rise (less than 20 storeys) - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > New South Wales > Parramatta CBD

Parramatta CBD and surrounding areas

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 9th, 2005, 04:49 AM   #21
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA
how good is this. Parramatta will be unrecogizable within 10 years.
buldgs up to 120m high! with plaza/malls eares. restored historic bldgs. wont know the place!!
cherrs
Agree in full with ya on that one Cul. It has to change otherwise Parra will just stagnate in the face of fierce competion from places like North Ryde, etc.

I hope they complete it all in less than 8 years.
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 20th, 2005, 07:41 AM   #22
smeghead
PTnut

Likes (Received): 0

Today's Pics of the Westfield Extension

Looking SE from the NW corner of Argyle and Church

Pretty ugly (at the moment) Cafe Strip on the south side of Argyle St, facing the Station

Corner of Fitzwilliam and George, looking North down Church St
Old December 20th, 2005, 08:00 AM   #23
Anton

Likes (Received): 3

I often go past the parra westfield extenstion. From the train it reminds me of that battle ship that attacks the office tower in Monty Python (The meaning of life???).

Don't know why - it just does.
Anton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 20th, 2005, 11:14 AM   #24
AltiusAltiusAltius

Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity
Agree in full with ya on that one Cul. It has to change otherwise Parra will just stagnate in the face of fierce competion from places like North Ryde, etc.

I hope they complete it all in less than 8 years.
Everything is happening slowly in Parra. Civic Place could be complete by 2014!....if all goes according to plan of course.....And nobody is talking about 'Parramall Tower' anymore...Even the Exeter Manor site building can't go ahead because of the ugly brick wall!
Old December 21st, 2005, 11:21 PM   #25
Aussie Steve

Likes (Received): 139

WOW

It all looks fanastic.
Aussie Steve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 07:04 AM   #26
Fabian
Sydney: World's best city

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltiusAltiusAltius
Everything is happening slowly in Parra. Civic Place could be complete by 2014!....if all goes according to plan of course.....And nobody is talking about 'Parramall Tower' anymore...Even the Exeter Manor site building can't go ahead because of the ugly brick wall!
I agree with Civic Place (I thought they would of been underway by now, and this bureaucratic business is annoying me) but being there today I noticed that there's plenty of work going on and it appears just as busy as it was six months ago. 2006 promises to be a busy year by the looks of it and hopefully we'll see something with Civic Place.

Also I noticed that parts of a crane for a site near the station were present indicating that work will start on a development there in 2006.

Photos were taken today which I shall post later.

Fab Sydney Flashbacks
Fabian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 04:32 PM   #27
ParraMan
I need to know...

Likes (Received): 2488

My impression is that there's enough in Parra to keep us all interested for the time being- the refurb of Ferguson Centre, construction of 101 George (really can't believe that after all these years I can say "construction of..."), Legal precinct, Escen for another ~year, and upcoming smaller developments in Marsden and Campbell St, hopefully the "Metropolis" or whatever it was, and Landcom's site in George St east.

Great pics to Smeghead! Thanks alot, and looking forward to Fabian's contribution!

Cheers

It's called RESPECT, Pure and simple
ParraMan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 03:42 AM   #28
Muse

Likes (Received): 33

Yeah, no stopping Parra now - it's a city definitely on the go!!

Really impressed by the Westfield extension. Funky contemporary finally hits Parramatta!!...but are the colonnade's supports bare concrete or just an unpolished metal atm. I'm hoping the latter. Also curious about the inner red strips in the middle of the supports. Would be great if they are to be lit @ night, similar to the blue neon strips on the Goulburn St side of World Square retail.
Muse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 05:48 AM   #29
Fabian
Sydney: World's best city

The pictures as promised

Escen (from Escen thread)

The rear is coming along nicely.

From several blocks away

The Ferguson Centre refurb is impressing. It's getting a well deserved lease of life and they are doing a good job. Love the rooftop feature.

You get that impression that it's a new building

101 George shall rise over the next year. Here's a sneak peak of whats to come.

Core is at ground level

More action across the road

Getting ready for a big year ahead on this site (Cnr Station & Hassal St)

Watch this space. Something big on the way for the intersection of Victoria Rd and Church St?

Fab Sydney Flashbacks
Fabian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 08:45 AM   #30
AltiusAltiusAltius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian
The pictures as promised

Getting ready for a big year ahead on this site (Cnr Station & Hassal St)

Watch this space. Something big on the way for the intersection of Victoria Rd and Church St?

The 'Watch this space' sign has been there for more than 3 years lol...The apartment complex should start there by 2007?

Is that crane going to be used for No 1 Hassall office building or 'Centaur' next door?
Old December 24th, 2005, 08:53 AM   #31
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 19871

thanks fabs. yes parra should progress this yer with a few projects. Its next tallest ESCEN should top out! and dominate skyline.Its been too long between tallests! Com centre was completed in 88 , so thats 18 years between a new tallest. hopefully wont be that long again!
yes ferg ctr does look good. at 60m high it has a 3m plantroom. Does the blade feature at front add further height? looks 2 levels high thus higher then 63m.maybe 66m?
Church Hill tower- 1797, Macquarie Tower-1818, St James Church -1822, Garden Palace- 1879, Sydney Harbour Bridge -1932, Sydney Opera House- 1973, Sydney Tower- 1981, Crown Sydney- 2021, twin towers- 2024, supertall 2025 https://www.buildsydney.com/forum
CULWULLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 06:43 PM   #32
ParraMan
I need to know...

Likes (Received): 2488

When I first saw the renders of the Ferguson Centre refurb, I was disappointed they'd be keeping the facade, just mostly painting it, but does lok good, the roof feature adds a lot.

Thanks for the pics Fabian! Glad you didn't forget to post them!

AFAIK they're still working on plans and options for Victoria Rd/Church St site, latest is that it will be a fairly low-rise apartment buildign with ground floor retail and commercial with a piazza in the middle (it'll be the new Leichhardt lol...)

I forgot about the site cn Hassall and Station, looks like that might be starting up in the new year.... I'm surprisd they've got crane stuff there already, it's not something to do with the new unerpass that was just built maybe?

Finally great to see progress on 101 George, and really great to see they've started on the opposite corner, "Metropolis" or something it will become!

Cheers happy christmas too!

It's called RESPECT, Pure and simple
ParraMan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 06:49 PM   #33
lennyr

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Its been too long between tallests! Com centre was completed in 88 , so thats 18 years between a new tallest. hopefully wont be that long again!
?
I think I mentioned this awhile back. Parra and Chatswood are the only places increasing in height around Sydney atm. Good to see and hope the other centres (not too mention CBD/North Sydney, which should really lift their games) can follow suit.
lennyr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 12:37 AM   #34
CULWULLA

^ yes. well the civic place project sees at least 3 towers 90m+ and up to 120m high. Also the George st 32storey tower is 106m. Hopefully within 5 years parra will see its first 300footer! 90m+. The 84m Escen gets close.
Church Hill tower- 1797, Macquarie Tower-1818, St James Church -1822, Garden Palace- 1879, Sydney Harbour Bridge -1932, Sydney Opera House- 1973, Sydney Tower- 1981, Crown Sydney- 2021, twin towers- 2024, supertall 2025 https://www.buildsydney.com/forum
Old January 8th, 2006, 05:34 AM   #35
CULWULLA

just a querie guys. is the 70m/15st 1 smith st uc? ive lowered height on monthly diagrams to 70m.please let us know.
cheers
Old January 9th, 2006, 11:26 AM   #36
AltiusAltiusAltius

Quote:
just a querie guys. is the 70m/15st 1 smith st uc? ive lowered height on monthly diagrams to 70m.please let us know.
cheers
Not really, only 101 George is u/c and of course the Interchange and Escen (very little progress in early Jan, should catch up soon)

Can't wait to see some action on Smith St (No1 and E. Manor as well)...
Old January 9th, 2006, 01:40 PM   #37
zulu69
selling my body since 88'

Likes (Received): 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeghead

Pretty ugly (at the moment) Cafe Strip on the south side of Argyle St, facing the Station
WOW!!! The moment i saw the colonnade it immediately evoked Gaudi's colonnade. The porabola arch is a Gaudi trademark afterall. It is great to see that real architects were used in the design (which are clearly influenced by many styles). Here's what i mean, Gaudi's park in Barcelona (which i actually didn't visit because i thought it was closed >doh!!!<)

Haven't been to Parra for a good while, i will probably need to visit it soon. After the dust settles with all this projects, the whole city would have really transformed. I'm talking on a fundamental level in terms of style and feel. Can't wait.
zulu69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2006, 01:48 PM   #38
Muse

Likes (Received): 33

Nothing beats the Catalonian Art Nouveau style of Gaudi, except the Austrian architect Hundertwasser who is pretty much on par with the genious Gaudi.

I'm still wondering if the red strips on the underside of the colonnade supports of the Westfield extension will be softly illuminated @ night.
Muse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2006, 12:52 AM   #39
CULWULLA

a new 14st for parra.
its listed as 0 hassall street
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...=&fmt=&header=

another project?

Old January 18th, 2006, 07:56 AM   #40
James Saito

Likes (Received): 2

Good looking apartment!
But $385,000 for 1BR is very pricey for Paramatta.
James Saito no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mandurahboyz