Completed | SYDNEY | Metro Northwest (Chatswood to Tallawong) - Page 7 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Urban Spaces > Transportation

Transportation Trains, planes and automobiles.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 29th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #121
mubd
Authorised Replicant

Likes (Received): 1136

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Proctor View Post
watched the video on the website

holy shit! 15km of tunnel and 6 undergroudn stations. whats the cost estimate on this sucker again???
Less than the 'bulldoze a thousand homes that have been built in the past ten years' plan. I can't believe the previous government didn't reserve any land for the train line.
mubd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 29th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #122
Westyguy

Likes (Received): 488

I'll still be going via the Richmond line to the city and elsewhere. Great news for people living in the Hills and new estates in the Northwest of Sydney though.
Westyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 12:58 AM   #123
ZMO211

Likes (Received): 40

Did they mention "Park & Ride" at Epping? Because i think they were talking about no "all day parking" as a major problem in Epping. Especially now they have students going to University and it's connections with Chatswood.
ZMO211 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 1st, 2011, 01:01 PM   #124
NoshowwithoutPunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMO211 View Post
Did they mention "Park & Ride" at Epping? Because i think they were talking about no "all day parking" as a major problem in Epping. Especially now they have students going to University and it's connections with Chatswood.
Where would you put all day parking at Epping? And why would you put it there? The bus services into Epping are good by Sydney standards; and the whole point of what will be a major rail junction/interchange is that you can get there by rail, you shouldn't need to drive.

All those people from Kellyville, Castle Hill and so on will be catching their new train, so who needs to drive.

And the burghers of West Peanut Hills don't need to drive; their maglev bus takes only 17 minutes to get to Sydney CBD.
NoshowwithoutPunch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 01:03 PM   #125
Lijman
BANNED

Likes (Received): 172

Last edited by Lijman; December 13th, 2013 at 01:25 PM.
Lijman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 04:21 PM   #126
ZMO211

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoshowwithoutPunch View Post
Where would you put all day parking at Epping? And why would you put it there? The bus services into Epping are good by Sydney standards; and the whole point of what will be a major rail junction/interchange is that you can get there by rail, you shouldn't need to drive.

All those people from Kellyville, Castle Hill and so on will be catching their new train, so who needs to drive.

And the burghers of West Peanut Hills don't need to drive; their maglev bus takes only 17 minutes to get to Sydney CBD.
People complain that it's hard too find any parking around the station at all, i don't know where they would put it but apparently it's a "large problem" in the community.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 04:32 AM   #127
ZMO211

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtmld...layer_embedded
Old July 2nd, 2011, 09:10 AM   #128
jase

Likes (Received): 21

I wouldn't put park and ride at the major interchange stations (ie. Epping, Strathfield, Parramatta, Hurstville, Sydenham, etc). They are meant to act as transport interchanges and have bus routes into them. Park and ride belongs at smaller stations. I think most people around the area drive to Pennant Hills and Thornleigh and there's a shortage of parking there apparently?
jase no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2011, 04:04 PM   #129
ZMO211

If they have Park and Ride at the new Cherrybrook station, then people shouldn't have to complain. I mean they could just take the ride down Blaxland Road and park at Eastwood or take a 5 minute drive to Cheltenham and park there.
Old July 4th, 2011, 09:01 AM   #130
NoshowwithoutPunch

I'm no fan of park and ride, but if you have to have them:

-stations of no other obvious merit (not junctions, not bus interchanges)

-near road networks that tap into unserved areas

-but not road networks that tap into areas so badly unserved, that people are unlikely to get out of their cars anyway.

-not the Carlingford line, which is useless as tits on a bull.

So something like Wahroonga, pulling people from the F3, might be possible.
NoshowwithoutPunch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2011, 09:07 AM   #131
ZMO211

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoshowwithoutPunch View Post

-not the Carlingford line, which is useless as tits on a bull.
Hahaha couldn't agree more, I mean why would you terminate trains at Clyde. As a Carlingford Resident, it's one of the most frustrating things about the area. At least Epping & Eastwood Stations aren't that far, don't know what this area would do without those stations.
Old July 4th, 2011, 09:33 AM   #132
SydneyCity

Likes (Received): 210

And it runs at a snails pace, and runs hourly
Old July 4th, 2011, 09:44 AM   #133
ZMO211

Hahaha u laughing because I'm stuck with a rail line that gets me absolutely no where or because it has like one train arrive every hour? lol don't blame you, I would be laughing at both right now. I've heard their introducing a new express "peak hour" service, now theirs going to be TWO train every hour! yay -_-
Old July 4th, 2011, 10:57 AM   #134
deanh
Sexiest Creature

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Hahaha couldn't agree more, I mean why would you terminate trains at Clyde. As a Carlingford Resident, it's one of the most frustrating things about the area.
Because the 3/4-car trains are a waste of space during the peak periods. The connections at Clyde should be better though.
deanh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2011, 03:25 PM   #135
ZMO211

WHYYYY, so they saw a waste of space and immediately thought of using it for the Carlingford Line ......

Last edited by ZMO211; July 4th, 2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old July 5th, 2011, 01:50 AM   #136
ZMO211

Is the Kellyville station at Burns Rd.?
Old July 5th, 2011, 03:03 AM   #137
BearCave

Likes (Received): 258

Yes, if they haven't changed the original plan.
BearCave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 03:58 AM   #138
ZMO211

Ok, would've been good if the Kellyville station is where their proposing the "Samatha Riley" Station and if the Cherrybrook station was infront of Cherrybrook village.
Old July 5th, 2011, 06:13 AM   #139
ZMO211

The New South Wales Government has not yet formally applied for Commonwealth funding to build its promised rail line in Sydney's north-west.
During the Coalition's campaign for Government it repeatedly said the north-west rail link was its number one transport priority.
But the project needs Federal Government funding to go ahead, and so far there has been no official submission to Infrastructure Australia.
Infrastructure Australia spokesman Michael Deegan says there was been informal talks.
"We've had some very positive discussions with both Mr (Nick) Greiner and Mr (Paul) Broad of Infrastructure NSW about the sorts of issues they think is important as part of their process," Mr Deegan said.
"We're certainly delighted to see the development of Infrastructure NSW as a way ahead for Sydney and the state.
The only projects well progressed in NSW are the Pacific Highway upgrade and the Moorebank intermodal terminal.
In May the State Government released more details of its north-west rail plan, including a concept map showing the likely alignment and stations.
It revealed the 23-kilometre track would have six stations with provision for two more.

- A report released recently by ABC News

Not too long ago Barry O Farrell and Transport Minister Gladys talked with PM Julia Gillard about using the $2.1bn they had put away for the PRL, to use for the NW Link. The PM denied it, stating that the federal government was committed to the PRL. Personally, I think our PM doesn't want too use the money too fund the NW link because our last state government was sitting on a pile of broken promises and they couldn't afford another one. Now were being told those talks were informal? Point is i don't think that the government will fund the North west rail.
Old July 5th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #140
papervagina
spider inside my dreams

Quote:
Ok, would've been good ... if the Cherrybrook station was infront of Cherrybrook village.
It would have a pretty limited catchment there. The planned location is is close to both large parts of Cherrybrook and also West Pennant Hills valley (for those who prefer trains over 17 minute maglev buses); it will also give people who work at IBM an option other than driving.

It's a pity the tunnel will be too deep for a station at Thompsons Corner, as it seems like a more obvious spot for a stop than half way along Castle Hill Road.
papervagina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
maglev bus to caboolture, mandurahboyz