Projects & Discussions | Transport and Infrastructure - Page 7 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Western Australia

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 15th, 2009, 03:55 PM   #121
Hossen27

Likes (Received): 112

I drive from Busselton to Perth regularly. It takes 40mins to get past last traffic light north of bunbury. another 30 mins to get to the southern end of the new highway. Currently it will take about 1 hr and 20 mins to reach the southern suburbs of perth going through mandurah.

Driving the new highway with an average speed of 105 km/h (half at 100 and half at 110) will take about 40 mins to travel the new highway. then another 20 for the rest of the freeway. A saving of 20 mins. though a 10 minute variation is possible with some minor speeding lol

These times are during non busy periods. In summer the saving could be well over an hour
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2009, 03:36 AM   #122
Urbania
Urban Athiest

Likes (Received): 1353

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
im a noob
Congratulations. The first step is admitting it...
Urbania no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 04:07 AM   #123
Skyline Art
®

Likes (Received): 1413

Goran that was so random, but funny too.... must have just realised it but what does being a noob it have to do with transport and infrastructure? In the spam thread is 1 thing, but here it means your seriously must have realised and admited it....
Skyline Art no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2009, 09:06 AM   #124
Scrawny

Likes (Received): 594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossen27 View Post
I drive from Busselton to Perth regularly. It takes 40mins to get past last traffic light north of bunbury. another 30 mins to get to the southern end of the new highway. Currently it will take about 1 hr and 20 mins to reach the southern suburbs of perth going through mandurah.

Driving the new highway with an average speed of 105 km/h (half at 100 and half at 110) will take about 40 mins to travel the new highway. then another 20 for the rest of the freeway. A saving of 20 mins. though a 10 minute variation is possible with some minor speeding lol

These times are during non busy periods. In summer the saving could be well over an hour
Yeah that's what I thought too - about 20 mins saving in normal traffic. Can you do us a favour (I went to school and uni in Bunbury and Perth but don't live there any more) and keep an eye on the time to the roundabout at Bunbury forum from narrows bridge. That used to take me about 1:55 driving normal speeds - 115kph avg.
Scrawny no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 12:29 PM   #125
Scraperfan
Single, looking to mingle

Likes (Received): 4443

Does anyone know if the mitchell freeway planning is underway to extend beyond burns beach road to either neerabup road or hester avenue?

who can i contact to find out where its at?
Scraperfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 03:04 PM   #126
fast_fokker

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossen27 View Post
When authorities quote traffic times in these circumstances, the convention is to take a CBD to CBD approach. In that instance I would think that 30 minutes would be more than achievable...
fast_fokker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 03:12 PM   #127
Hossen27

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_fokker View Post
When authorities quote traffic times in these circumstances, the convention is to take a CBD to CBD approach. In that instance I would think that 30 minutes would be more than achievable...
They do but with if you were to start in the centre of bunbury and drive to the perth CBD it would not make a difference on the time. as the last bit (for me it would be roe to the city) is driven by someone taking both routes. so there will be no time savings or loss for either route. The same applies for the bunbury end.

30 minutes is more possible going north than south. about 5 more traffic lights. also if you were to get every red light the new route could be 40 minutes faster in normal times.
Old July 16th, 2009, 09:25 PM   #128
[email protected]
BANNED

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline Art View Post
Goran that was so random, but funny too.... must have just realised it but what does being a noob it have to do with transport and infrastructure? In the spam thread is 1 thing, but here it means your seriously must have realised and admited it....
its a correction. i wrote something silly b4 i edited it.
GOR@N no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 12:03 AM   #129
dallas

Likes (Received): 988

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartBart View Post
http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ntentID=155302

More diagrams/maps in today's paper
Cool to read, thanks for posting BartBart
dallas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 12:15 AM   #130
dallas

Likes (Received): 988

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2472/pbhwy0003.jpg
dallas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 12:43 AM   #131
Blindfold
I said love, I said pet

Likes (Received): 173

All hail Queen Allannah!
Old July 17th, 2009, 08:06 AM   #132
B787-938

Likes (Received): 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraperfan View Post
Does anyone know if the mitchell freeway planning is underway to extend beyond burns beach road to either neerabup road or hester avenue?

who can i contact to find out where its at?
The planning has certainly been done. Ive seen detailed electronic drawings of interchanges as far north as Lukin Drive and beyond. Its just a matter of getting the go ahead for final design of the next stage (which is liable to be years away at the current rate).
B787-938 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 12:50 PM   #133
fast_fokker

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by B787-938 View Post
The planning has certainly been done. Ive seen detailed electronic drawings of interchanges as far north as Lukin Drive and beyond. Its just a matter of getting the go ahead for final design of the next stage (which is liable to be years away at the current rate).
Thanks for the info 7L87, while we are OT, any news as to the possibility of a Roe 8?
fast_fokker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #134
Scraperfan

Thanks B7. I wish they would actually extend it before the traffic starts to congest on the alternative routes and creates even heavier traffic jams that at present. it may actually help the area grow, imagine that!

too much bloody foresight for any government.
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:30 PM   #135
Dilaz89

Likes (Received): 5865

train first, fwy later has been the philosophy of successive governments when it comes to the nw corridor.
Dilaz89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #136
Bullswool
Perthite

Likes (Received): 790

Speaking of the northern suburbs, I took the train to Clarkson last night. Pretty busy in peak!! Pity most of the passengers walk off the train and into their cars. The bus services are decent too, 20minutely or timed with every second train. It should be made more obvious so that people will be inclined to use it!! I'm sure most of those people live near a bus stop to the station...
Bullswool no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 06:11 PM   #137
L2
Corbynite

Likes (Received): 1688

I was surprised when I did the Clarkson run that I had to stand boarding at Edgewater heading northbound in the arvo peak. Lots got out at Joondalup but still most seats taken to the terminus.

Weren't many counter-peak pax though at 5:40pm but the train filled up closer to Perth
Old July 17th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #138
Bullswool
Perthite

Likes (Received): 790

I had lots of seats, but I had a 6 car to whitfords, and a 6 car to clarkson from whitfords.. but i sat at the back, cause there is far less people ! But still very busy, i was very surprised! The whitfords train left whitfords empty though lmfao (counter peak)
Bullswool no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 07:27 PM   #139
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

Likes (Received): 2698

here's a map of the Reid Highway Overpass over Alexander Dr, there will be a bus lane on alexander dr

http://www.mainroads.wa.gov.au/Build...yOverpass.aspx

Old July 18th, 2009, 12:20 PM   #140
Scraperfan

I hope Reid Highway is renamed Reid Freeway once all of the interchanges are done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
adelaide, beipackzettel, busway, highways, light rail, maglev bus to caboolture, mandurahboyz, max, monorail, perth, rio de janeiro, tunnels