ALIA | 200 Central | 483 ft | 42 stories - Page 62 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Midwest and Plains > Local Forums > Minneapolis-Saint Paul

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 14th, 2019, 06:41 PM   #1221
uptownbro

Likes (Received): 87

Agreed. This one is as done of a deal as it gets until the dirt starts moving in a few weeks.

BlackCatMaven liked this post
uptownbro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 16th, 2019, 03:58 AM   #1222
John Nicollet Mall

Likes (Received): 2014

It will be hands down my favorite high rise to go up in Minneapolis in decades. Of course , Eleven across the river will be beautiful, but I think this tower reflects the modern , progressive character of the city better. Hope it gets built!

Scott16475 liked this post
John Nicollet Mall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2019, 10:22 PM   #1223
Nordeast Homer

Likes (Received): 789

According to The Business Journal, the ground breaking for May has been postponed while Alatus seeks a new financial partner. That can't be good at this stage with a market this competitive right now...
Nordeast Homer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2019, 10:33 PM   #1224
uptownbro

This was supposed to break ground next week I thought? This has me concerned after they postponed there other tower last week.
uptownbro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2019, 10:39 PM   #1225
DaveEss

Likes (Received): 34

The 12th St. tower delay is concerning.
(The Alatus Company posts on the other forum.)

But, from Biz Journal today:

"Alatus Director of Development Chris Osmundson said the December event got so many reservations that Alatus decided it could leverage the interest to get a better financing deal."

"...still anticipate a groundbreaking yet this summer.”

Mr. Babster?

uptownbro liked this post
DaveEss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2019, 05:13 AM   #1226
CityofLakes
City of Mediocrity

Likes (Received): 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveEss View Post
The 12th St. tower delay is concerning.
(The Alatus Company posts on the other forum.)

But, from Biz Journal today:

"Alatus Director of Development Chris Osmundson said the December event got so many reservations that Alatus decided it could leverage the interest to get a better financing deal."

"...still anticipate a groundbreaking yet this summer.”

Mr. Babster?
I hate to state it, but if this doesn't break ground by August...
CityofLakes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2019, 05:31 AM   #1227
MPLS_Dispatcher_Guy
Working the OT

Likes (Received): 362

Well this one's done good work NIMBYS all the racket in court got you what you wanted tower going bye bye
MPLS_Dispatcher_Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2019, 04:07 PM   #1228
beykite

Likes (Received): 134

They've still been moving forward with engineering design, so I doubt this one is done done. Sounds like because of the high number of pre-sales they think they can leverage a better financial deal. I wouldn't be too worried. Assuming there isn't some big financial meltdown I would bet this gets done.
Old May 1st, 2019, 04:25 PM   #1229
Nordeast Homer

Likes (Received): 789

That is still going to be a very large amount of money to come up with in a relatively short period of time. Unless they've had some behind the scenes conversations with another lender I'd be surprise if they could close anytime soon.
Nordeast Homer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2019, 04:35 PM   #1230
uptownbro

I think it’s safe to assume they have done some behind the scenes on this and hopefully done there homework. The questions of course is how far along are the new negotiations. But I agree this needs to start before the end of this summer.
Old May 1st, 2019, 05:42 PM   #1231
John Nicollet Mall

I'll give Alatus the benefit of the doubt, but until the shovel is deep in the ground, there's always the possibility of a project not happening. This is an expensive, high quality project so I do get the need to reduce finance costs if the opportunity arises.

uptownbro liked this post
Old May 1st, 2019, 07:19 PM   #1232
TCMPLS

Likes (Received): 839

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptownbro View Post
I think it’s safe to assume they have done some behind the scenes on this and hopefully done there homework. The questions of course is how far along are the new negotiations. But I agree this needs to start before the end of this summer.

There's no doubt about this. There is a substantial amount of money in this for bankers on this project, and with the lease numbers they have that is going to be a no-brainer for many banks - it's getting the terms finalized.

Rates have floated down since they likely secured financing, the 10 year is essentially at 2.5% and you have a large amount of units leased - it only makes sense for them to shop the deal again.

You've heard it here, and I'll eat my words if I'm wrong, this tower is going up.
TCMPLS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2019, 11:48 PM   #1233
Hammy3
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Dead Duck. Like I predicted a couple weeks ago...dead duck. Can't build a tower without an erector crane...and this site is not on the list for a crane lease from the general, which pretty much eliminates a spring or summer groundbreaking. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the location being rumored to be turned into a city playground. If anyone see's wood chips being dumped here in the next couple months, then assume we have a new recreation park instead. Minneapolis...keeping em' stubby, chubby, grubby, and ugly.
Hammy3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2019, 03:25 AM   #1234
Avian001
Mostly Sane

Likes (Received): 1621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy3 View Post
Dead Duck. Like I predicted a couple weeks ago...dead duck. Can't build a tower without an erector crane...and this site is not on the list for a crane lease from the general, which pretty much eliminates a spring or summer groundbreaking. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the location being rumored to be turned into a city playground. If anyone see's wood chips being dumped here in the next couple months, then assume we have a new recreation park instead. Minneapolis...keeping em' stubby, chubby, grubby, and ugly.
Just quoting you for posterity, so your post never disappears. When this tower opens, we'll look back on this moment. Then we can all gauge whether someone has a good reputation or a bad reputation.

Sounds like Alatus is in the driver's seat. High demand for units in the tower is enabling Alatus to re-negotiate the interest rates the banks wanted to charge due to their risk assessment. This is very good news. I think it's an argument that the building perhaps could have been even 10 stories higher, though it wouldn't happen today with this project due to architectural and engineering issues.

And it bodes well for future high-end condo projects, as Eleven seems to have demonstrated.

Last edited by Avian001; May 2nd, 2019 at 04:02 AM.
Avian001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2019, 03:52 AM   #1235
Minnesotan in Chile
www.nextlevelenglish.org

Likes (Received): 634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy3 View Post
You forgot to say that even Oklahoma city has a tall building. This is like Tallbob and TexasRe all wrapped in to one annoying troll.

Lmichigan, beykite, JMS9 liked this post
Minnesotan in Chile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2019, 04:33 AM   #1236
go4guy

Likes (Received): 122

Interest rates are down a full 1% since when they likely got their original financing deal. On a regular mortgage that is huge savings. Can you image the savings for a project like this getting that lower interest rate?

BlackCatMaven liked this post
go4guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2019, 07:01 AM   #1237
John Nicollet Mall

Materials and labor costs have increased , so I wouldn't be surprised if this project's budget is close to 200 million dollars.

I certainly wish Alatus well and hope they can get the $ to finance, and make a profit. It's a gorgeous tower and they spent a lot of time getting feedback from the neighborhood to make this high quality.

uptownbro, achybo liked this post
Old May 2nd, 2019, 12:56 PM   #1238
BlackCatMaven

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by go4guy View Post
Interest rates are down a full 1% since when they likely got their original financing deal. On a regular mortgage that is huge savings. Can you image the savings for a project like this getting that lower interest rate?

^This, and how!
BlackCatMaven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2019, 03:53 PM   #1239
mspguy

Likes (Received): 153

Why did they wait so long to get a better financing deal if they knew there was high interest in December!? That was six months ago. It could take several more months before we have any clarity on the status of this project.

We were a week away from the groundbreaking. Very disappointing.
mspguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2019, 06:18 PM   #1240
RedDutch

Likes (Received): 408

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspguy View Post
Why did they wait so long to get a better financing deal if they knew there was high interest in December!? That was six months ago. It could take several more months before we have any clarity on the status of this project.

We were a week away from the groundbreaking. Very disappointing.
I reached out to Jessa Lux. Alatus is sending out a statement tomorrow updating the timing of ground breaking. She said it is 1000% happening!
RedDutch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
alatus, bob lux, esg, high rise, minneapolis, northeast, tcnortheast