#UNDER C: THE 8, 8F Hotel (Palm Jumeirah) - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Dubai Projects > Offshore Developments

Offshore Developments Dubai's offshore projects including Palm Jumeirah, Deira Islands, Palm Jebel Ali and The Waterfront


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 28th, 2016, 12:35 PM   #21
ronnie o'sullivan
Registered User
 
ronnie o'sullivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kln
Posts: 118
Likes (Received): 315

[IMG]IMG_1984 by Martin Houf, auf Flickr[/IMG]
__________________
ronnie o'sullivan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 17th, 2016, 06:16 PM   #22
reeces1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 9

Just got an email update from IFA, they've completed 25% of the project so far.
__________________

Emarati2009 liked this post
reeces1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2016, 06:20 PM   #23
reeces1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 9

I stopped by the development earlier today and spoke to the sales team. They've set up the hotel branded show apartment and they're anticipating handover June 2017 for residence with the hotel being completed towards the end of 2017. They said they've sold around 75% of the project to date.
reeces1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2016, 06:56 PM   #24
reeces1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 9

IMG_7737 by Reece Samani, on Flickr

IMG_7736 by Reece Samani, on Flickr
__________________

The-King, firoz bharmal liked this post

Last edited by Gabriel900; April 18th, 2016 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Pics weren't showing
reeces1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2016, 11:59 AM   #25
reeces1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 9

http://www.wsj.com/articles/sbe-ente...oup-1462822391

Morgans Hotel group has been brought over by SBE entertainment
reeces1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2016, 12:47 AM   #26
Sam111sam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 10
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeces1 View Post
I stopped by the development earlier today and spoke to the sales team. They've set up the hotel branded show apartment and they're anticipating handover June 2017 for residence with the hotel being completed towards the end of 2017. They said they've sold around 75% of the project to date.
Hello Reece

Do you have any idea on the actual selling price

I know they are offering at Dhs 2200 per ft average , but I have no clue of the actual closing price . I would expect much less, since the lovely Kempinski next door which completed 2011 is going 1600/ft.. The Anantara is going for 1800-2000 per sq ft
Sam111sam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2016, 02:56 PM   #27
reeces1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam111sam View Post
Hello Reece

Do you have any idea on the actual selling price

I know they are offering at Dhs 2200 per ft average , but I have no clue of the actual closing price . I would expect much less, since the lovely Kempinski next door which completed 2011 is going 1600/ft.. The Anantara is going for 1800-2000 per sq ft
I think it is around 2100per sq ft. IFA are saying the development is over 80% sold. Having said that there are apartments being sold on second hand market at below original sale price.
reeces1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2016, 05:44 PM   #28
tony501
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 191
Likes (Received): 3

You believe IFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeces1 View Post
I think it is around 2100per sq ft. IFA are saying the development is over 80% sold. Having said that there are apartments being sold on second hand market at below original sale price.
Just check with Owners of Laguna Tower. IFA is not paying their guarantteed returns. So be careful of IFA
__________________

reeces1 liked this post
tony501 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2016, 06:56 PM   #29
reeces1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 9

For those interested, an email update from IFA.

Quote:
The8 continues to take shape at a consistent and steady pace in keeping with the General Contractors program of work. Block A and B internal works are advancing and materials for the internal and common area floors have been selected and approved. The internal apartment block work is well underway and the first fix MEP (Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) works for such items as ducts, conduit and the various MEP systems are also progressing. Balcony tiles as per the approved mock-up have been procured and are currently being shipped from Spain to Dubai. The Landscape Sub- Contractor has been selected and the appointment is expected this month to enable the supplier to proceed with the design and delivery as per the required scope. The mock up apartment is almost finished pending final completion of joinery work such as the kitchen cabinets and wardrobes. FFE (fixtures, fittings & equipment) have been approved and we will notify you when the show apartment becomes available for viewing. RERA (Real Estate Regulatory Authority) will be invited for a site inspection this month. Thereafter, a progress report will be issued confirming the actual percentage (%) completion. We will keep you informed in this regard.

Block A
Zone A1 slab, walls and columns are 100% complete.
Zone A2 up to RF (Roof Floor) is100% complete with only the upper roof slab, columns and walls to finish.

Block B
Work is complete up to the RF level and only the UR (upper floor) slabs in Zones B1 and B2 need completing.
Zone B3 slab, columns and walls are at ground floor level.

Block C
Zones C1 and C2 have reached 6th floor level.
Zone C3 slab, columns and walls are completed up to the 7th floor level.
reeces1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2017, 06:29 PM   #30
Gabriel900
Super Mod
 
Gabriel900's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Dubai
Posts: 9,892
Likes (Received): 40919


https://www.propsearch.ae/dubai/buildings/the-8
__________________

My Instagram: ucd_dxb
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2017, 12:38 PM   #31
reeces1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 9

https://ibb.co/euXrY5

These are the latest pictures from IFA.
__________________

firoz bharmal, Emarati2009 liked this post
reeces1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 09:27 PM   #32
Sam111sam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 10
Likes (Received): 2

Is this project delayed or postponed ??

It seems there are some desperate seller in this project

According to propertymonitor.ae , there are 8 units sold in May 2018 between Dhs 1450-1550 per sq ft
There is one transaction on July 2nd for 3 bedrooms 1981 sq ft, sold at Dhs 2.2m

I assume these are sold by individuals not the developer ...

It seems the pricing on this project would catch up with the neighboring Kempinski where the prices on the secondary market are 1200-1400 per ft
Sam111sam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2018, 06:54 PM   #33
polar-bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam111sam View Post
Is this project delayed or postponed ??

It seems there are some desperate seller in this project

According to propertymonitor.ae , there are 8 units sold in May 2018 between Dhs 1450-1550 per sq ft
There is one transaction on July 2nd for 3 bedrooms 1981 sq ft, sold at Dhs 2.2m

I assume these are sold by individuals not the developer ...

It seems the pricing on this project would catch up with the neighboring Kempinski where the prices on the secondary market are 1200-1400 per ft
There were a number of transactions under Grand Properties – it seems that this is a commercial deal as that company has the same owner as the contractor on The8, there are others done in individual names at almost twice this price per foot.

The residential apartments are pretty much done, spoke to the developer and they reckon handover by the end of 2018 – outside also looks pretty close
polar-bear no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2019, 08:17 AM   #34
tony501
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 191
Likes (Received): 3

Hotel Revenue

Folks,


Is this a hotel appartment system. For when we dont use the units?
tony501 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 08:27 PM   #35
reeces1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 9

Does anyone have any updates on what’s happening with this?

The lasest news we’ve had from IFA is that the building is complete and they are waiting for regulators to approve the NOCs before they commence handover.
reeces1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2019, 09:04 PM   #36
polar-bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeces1 View Post
Does anyone have any updates on what’s happening with this?

The lasest news we’ve had from IFA is that the building is complete and they are waiting for regulators to approve the NOCs before they commence handover.
Apparently handover to be announced within 3-4 weeks
polar-bear no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us