#ON HOLD: TAMEER TOWERS (Shams Abu Dhabi) - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Abu Dhabi Projects > Al Reem Island

Al Reem Island A natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi island being developed by Sorouh (Shams Abu Dhabi), Reem Investments, and Tamouh

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 7th, 2008, 12:19 AM   #41
lovedubai

Likes (Received): 0

Sea view is at a premium. Apparently all of Tower A and B are sold already. I would imagine that in another six weeks, the price of 2450 will be for canal view from the developer. We've just been quoted 1950 for a park/canal view on the resale market. I personally think the canal and park view will be stunning. I saw the model of Central Park on a Sorouh stand a couple of years ago and thought it fantastic - after all it's not often that you get an air-conditioned park!
lovedubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 7th, 2008, 12:54 AM   #42
ferrari430
banglaboy

If A and B are sold then what is the developer selling next - which ones havent been released yet
ferrari430 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 05:02 AM   #43
dubaiote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari430 View Post
If A and B are sold then what is the developer selling next - which ones havent been released yet
C and D are left. C would have sea view and D would be park/canal.
dubaiote no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 7th, 2008, 09:59 AM   #44
lovedubai

Sorry Dubaiote - you've been given the wrong information there. Tower C is the mirror image of Tower A and faces directly onto either Central Park or the sea. Tower D faces Tower B and is its mirror image. It has park/canal views from the front or street views from the back.
Old April 10th, 2008, 04:47 AM   #45
dubaiote

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedubai View Post
Sorry Dubaiote - you've been given the wrong information there. Tower C is the mirror image of Tower A and faces directly onto either Central Park or the sea. Tower D faces Tower B and is its mirror image. It has park/canal views from the front or street views from the back.
Oh ok thanks lovedubai. i wasnt sure about the details for both remaining towers.
Old April 12th, 2008, 12:27 PM   #46
lovedubai

Only certain floors of C and D are left. According to one of the reps we spoke to, floors are being released each week, but not in any particular order. Prices have gone through the roof since the early releases.
Old April 19th, 2008, 02:52 PM   #47
THE DUBAI GUYS
Ruff 'n' Ready

Likes (Received): 378

Tameer Towers attracts just one bid
Published: 17 April 2008 14:11 GMT Author: Colin Foreman More by this Author Last Updated: 17 April 2008 18:21
A joint venture of local Al-Habtoor Engineering Enterprises, South Africa's Murray & Roberts Contractors (Middle East) and Saudi-based Al-Rahji Contracting is the only bidder for the AED7bn ($1.9bn) Tameer Towers project on Reem island in Abu Dhabi.
The project involves building six towers between the sea and the Central Park area of the Shams Abu Dhabi development.

The centrepiece of the project is a 74-floor, 300-metre-tall office tower in the commercial area, along with a 21-storey hotel and apartment tower. The residential district includes two 50-floor and two 30-floor towers. The total built-up area is 915,000 square metres.

Dubai-based Arabian Foundations was sub-contracted for the enabling package in October 2007 (MEED 8:2:08).

R
THE DUBAI GUYS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 04:05 PM   #48
Smokeey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari430 View Post
enlighten me please - what is so special about these towers - I was looking into buying at the Marina Square by Tamouh - already half built towers completion end of next year at around 1600 dirhams psf with sea views and 20% now and 80% on completion. Should I get Tameer instead - just for the quality?
Hi Ferrari430 - was this Marina Square property directly from the developer or through resale? I contacted Tamouh today as I'm attracted by the 20%/80% payment plan and they said they had nothing left :(

Also which tower was that if you dont mind me asking?

TIA!
Smokeey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 06:05 PM   #49
Smokeey

Do you think these towers are still worth investing in at 2500AED psf (which is the estimated sale price at CityScape).
Old May 8th, 2008, 01:30 PM   #50
Ali_Syed
Investor

tameer are escalating the prices. there are re-sales in the market for around 1800 (those people who bought last year for 1200).

you have to keep in mind that when you sell, who is going to pay extra on top of 2500? the end users have to be very very rich to buy these apartments when they are ready. will be hard to sell i think!
Ali_Syed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2008, 03:54 PM   #51
Smokeey

Thats what I was thinking also - who would pay over 2500AED in resale when they can currently be bought for 1800? I think it would be good for long-term investment but not so good for short-term flipping.
Old May 8th, 2008, 04:04 PM   #52
Ali_Syed
Investor

of course. if you want to do flipping, then you have to be very careful. i.e. you must have enough funds to pay the unit off incase you are not able to sell it. and first of all, you must buy the unit in pre-launch prices. as that is the best time to buy for flipping. as any premiums added later on, are really your profit. and if you are buying in later stage with those premiums for flipping, then you are going to face lot of trouble to make good (that is if you are able to sell it).
Old May 8th, 2008, 07:57 PM   #53
Smokeey

Agree 100%. Just out of interest, what happens if someone cant afford to pay the next installment of a property? I assume the developer reclaims the property but does the buyer get any of his money back?
Old May 9th, 2008, 06:43 PM   #54
Ali_Syed
Investor

I dont know for sure what happens eventually. But most of the contracts i have seen, they mention of adding penalty charges for late payment. Normally some sort of interest on top.

But if the person pulls out, i dont know if you will get your full money back.
Old May 14th, 2008, 09:02 PM   #55
Zaid_stone
Live good Feel good!!

Today people were buying like crazy for 3000 per SQF in cityscape AD.
1BR sold for 3m.Personaly, I can’t give any logical explanation for this price for a tower that will not be ready before 2012.
Zaid_stone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2008, 09:14 PM   #56
Zaid_stone
Live good Feel good!!

Plus no residency visa!!
Zaid_stone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2008, 11:31 PM   #57
Ali_Syed
Investor

Majority of these buyers are investers who will be selling after completing or flipping before that. But, I cant help thinking who will be paying around 4m for 1 bed apartment to live in? its too much!
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:58 AM   #58
dubaiote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_Syed View Post
Majority of these buyers are investers who will be selling after completing or flipping before that. But, I cant help thinking who will be paying around 4m for 1 bed apartment to live in? its too much!
I agree that the firm is really cashing in on the whole frenzy and hype... Lets see until where Tameer is willing to go with the prices...after all there are still 3yrs left before delivery.
Old June 16th, 2008, 03:43 AM   #59
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Likes (Received): 56

Tameer Towers contract signed

on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Real estate developers Tameer and Sorouh have finalised the agreement with the joint venture that includes the Abu Dhabi-based Al Habtoor Engineering, Murray & Roberts, and Al Rajihi Construction.
T
he two companies had earlier announced the formation of an alliance for the construction of their landmark Tameer towers on a fast-growing island very close to the capital's coastline.

"The agreement is for the construction of the landmark Tameer Towers in Abu Dhabi at a cost of Dh6 billion, bringing the total cost of the project to Dh8bn," the two companies said in a joint statement on Tuesday.

"This represents the accomplishment of a major milestone in the Tameer Towers project, a joint venture between Tameer and Sorouh," it said.

The new partners would join the Tameer-Sorouh venture in an alliance that will include the architect Gensler from London, along with other famous engineers and designers and the project manager Hill International.

Tameer Towers was launched in October 2007 and has since been considered one of Abu Dhabi's landmark developments.

The project in Shams Abu Dhabi on Reem Island just a few hundreds metres off the eastern flank of the capital consists of four residential towers, a commercial tower, stepped villas and townhouses, a seven-star-luxury-business hotel, a vibrant canal promenade and a private marina.

The centrepiece of Tameer Towers is the 73-storey diamond-shaped Commercial Tower.

"The alliance is another pioneer concept adopted by Tameer in which all the partners act as one with the main purpose of constructing the project with the utmost attention," said Abdallah Shaaban, managing director of Tameer Abu Dhabi. "This alliance has confirmed the delivery for the residential part in June 2011 and the commercial portion by 2011-end."
Old July 5th, 2008, 12:28 PM   #60
lovedubai

News from AME Info

Tameer Towers wins 6 Arabian property awards, including 'Best Development' and 'Best Property'

The iconic Tameer Towers project in Abu Dhabi has received six prestigious accolades from the CNBC Arabian Property Awards 2008; befitting the project's status as a landmark development at Shams Abu Dhabi on Al Reem Island.
Tameer Towers wins 6 Arabian property awards, including 'Best Development' and 'Best Property'.

The iconic mixed-use development is TAMEER's flagship project in the capital city; its unique and innovative design, premium location, and extensive amenities, have earned it honors in all its six entries in this year's regional property awards, these being:

1. Best Development- Abu Dhabi
2. Best Property- Abu Dhabi
3. Best Architecture (Multiple Units)- Abu Dhabi
4. Best High-rise Architecture- Abu Dhabi
5. Best High-rise Developments- Abu Dhabi
6. Best Developer Website- Abu Dhabi (www.tameertowers.com)

Tameer Towers won honors in each of the categories into which it was entered, having competed against a multitude of other outstanding developments. Entries were judged by a panel of experts whose collective knowledge of the property industry is second to none.

Managing Director of Tameer Abu Dhabi, Dr. Abdallah Shaaban, said the awards honor the endeavor to produce an international landmark, the product of an intensive design and development process, to lift the benchmark of luxury and innovation in the region.

'Tameer Towers was developed to exceed the expectations of the most discerning of individuals and the multi-award win, as deliberated by a panel of the most seasoned of realty experts, is proof that it has surely raised the bar as a truly exceptional iconic masterpiece. We are confident that the next two honors to be bestowed on Tameer Towers will relate to customer satisfaction and to the delivery of the highest quality product on time,'
Dr. Shaaban said.

CEO of TAMEER, Abdallah Hageali, said the multi-award bestowal is tribute to the status of the iconic development as a landmark, renowned globally for its stature and standing as modern masterpiece.

'This is a great honor for Tameer Towers and the Tameer brand. As our flagship project, the Tameer Towers development epitomizes that which we strive to achieve in all our projects; through the endless pursuit of perfection and innovation. We are immensely proud to receive recognition for our endeavors in the form of this most coveted of accolades, testimony of the innovation and efforts of our Abu Dhabi business unit,' Mr. Hageali said.

Designed by Gensler, one of the worlds' most renowned architectural firms, the Dhs7bn Tameer Towers project developed jointly with Sorouh Real Estate PJSC encompasses a state-of-the-art commercial skyscraper, four beautifully designed residential towers, deluxe serviced apartments, exclusive cascading villas and townhouses, a private marina, a canal and a promenade with dining and retail outlets, all complemented with abundant parking and amenities, spread over a total of 9 million ft2.

Distinguished by its premium location between the sea and the magnificent one million ft² Central Park developed by the Master Developer Sorouh, the project boasts a spectacular centrepiece - a 74-storey international commercial tower with a stunning diamond shaped design, accentuated by a 20-storey glass atrium. The structure towers over the canal that flows between its twin bases into the building's private marina, making it a true landmark and an architectural masterpiece.

A notable win in the list of acknowledgements bestowed upon the landmark project is that of 'Best Developer Website' for www.tameertowers.com. The website is a unique online initiative in the realty industry, recognised by the CNBC Arabian Property Awards as one of the region's finest.

The six CNBC Arabian Property Awards for the Tameer Towers development will be officially presented at a ceremonial gala dinner to be held at the Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai, in October.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
abu dhabi, al reem island