Everett/Snohomish County Development News - Page 107 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > West Coast and Interior West > Local Forums > Seattle

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 3rd, 2019, 04:23 PM   #2121
northendMK

Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by SounderBruce View Post
750 stalls is overkill, even for that part of Everett. It's a block from somewhat-frequent transit (both CT and ET) and five blocks from Everett Station.
Yeah man, I thought that too. All I could think of was that Times article last month about how everyone in LS, Marysville, and Arlington is complaining about the insane traffic on SR9. Reap what you sow Snohomish County exurbs!

iogeon liked this post
northendMK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 3rd, 2019, 06:12 PM   #2122
flowersbloomglitter

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SounderBruce View Post
750 stalls is overkill, even for that part of Everett. It's a block from somewhat-frequent transit (both CT and ET) and five blocks from Everett Station.
I agree. It says nothing about bicycle parking. Most of that garage is meant for patients. Since Kaiser needs rights to the alley the city can force some of that parking down and encourage other forms of transportation especially for employees.
flowersbloomglitter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2019, 07:36 AM   #2123
SounderBruce
Transit Photographer

Likes (Received): 5878

The hotel project at Lynnwood City Center is finally unwrapped.

Maps of Seattle and the Puget Sound region

Twitter - Flickr - Wikipedia - Seattle Transit Blog

BoulderGrad, Darkhyperchaos, iogeon liked this post
SounderBruce no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2019, 11:46 PM   #2124
Capitol Hill

Likes (Received): 6574

Well that was worth the wait.

AKH, geoffloftus liked this post
Capitol Hill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2019, 05:43 AM   #2125
araman0
Purdue U. / Marquette U.

Likes (Received): 804

Wow, this easily takes the prize for worst looking new suburban building. I'm excited about the density that this will help contribute to Lynwood's envisioned downtown, but yikes.
Old October 14th, 2019, 06:42 AM   #2126
Winter Harvest

Likes (Received): 97

That color scheme is to confuse U-Boat commanders at to what direction it’s actually heading.
Winter Harvest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2019, 05:51 PM   #2127
Everett Fan

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by araman0 View Post
Wow, this easily takes the prize for worst looking new suburban building. I'm excited about the density that this will help contribute to Lynwood's envisioned downtown, but yikes.
really? I have seen much worse. I mean, sure, nothing spectacular but at least it does not have currogated metal siding. And the pop of yellow is at least somewhat cheery. It could have been much worse. It looks like a decent hotel to me, better than some of the hideous boxes with no details. At least they threw some moulding on the roof. That grand ave bridge in Everett was much more disappointing to me.
Everett Fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2019, 02:54 PM   #2128
AKH

Likes (Received): 67

The yet to be covered, massive cement/stucco wall doesn't help the curb appeal. I will reserve judgement until it's completed. My first take is that it looks like a typical suburban hotel (Lynnwood is still very suburban, let's not forget). At least it's 6-7 stories, right?
AKH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2019, 08:35 PM   #2129
CityDensity

Likes (Received): 64

Do Seattle's suburbs use the same crummy midrise zoning that Seattle uses? (Setbacks & height limits more than FAR, modulation, three colors, etc.) This looks like any ugly midrise in Seattle except it's missing the outdoor bike storage balconies. Edit: Oops, i see it's hotel, hence the lack of outdoor storage/garden space.
CityDensity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement