Madison Development News - Page 195 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Midwest and Plains > Midwest and Plains Development News

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 9th, 2019, 02:53 AM   #3881
MKE-MSP-CHI

Likes (Received): 4930

That's my concern too. In Milwaukee at least, Phase II almost never happens and Phase III never does. A recession will kill anything that takes too long to get moving, and I'd strike when the market is still hot.

That said, what I see, I like. If completed, it's a complete block with different uses, styles and heights. In my opinion it beats the megablock developments of late. I'd like to see more 1/2 or 1/4 block developments going up.

VVisconsin08 liked this post
MKE-MSP-CHI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM   #3882
APieceOfToast

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
The county has been doing a good job with expanding the airport. It is noticeably busier when I travel than just a few years ago. And they have good momentum with adding routes. A few years ago direct routes to the West Coast seemed like a dream.

I'd imagine that MSN will start siphoning people from Fox Valley and SE WI as they continue route expansion. People that in the past would have flown MKE, ORD or MDW.
Has me thinking, are there any plans for being an international airport? Not that there has to be tons of flights to toronto or anything, but just adding the capacity? Dane County Regional is definitely a larger situation than Austin Straubel or Appleton, which just got international status a few years ago... somehow. If Appleton is an international airport, why not madison? I'm sure there IS a reason, I just can't think of why.
APieceOfToast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:56 AM   #3883

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by APieceOfToast View Post
Has me thinking, are there any plans for being an international airport? Not that there has to be tons of flights to toronto or anything, but just adding the capacity? Dane County Regional is definitely a larger situation than Austin Straubel or Appleton, which just got international status a few years ago... somehow. If Appleton is an international airport, why not madison? I'm sure there IS a reason, I just can't think of why.
I want to say it's because of international cargo and not passenger travel, but I could be wrong.
53704 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:11 AM   #3884
Id.Wi.

Likes (Received): 496

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53704 View Post
I want to say it's because of international cargo and not passenger travel, but I could be wrong.

They have seasonal flights to Mexico etc. I don’t know if MSN has these or not but I believe that is why they have international distinction.
Id.Wi. está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:14 AM   #3885
mgk920
Nonhyphenated-American

Likes (Received): 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by APieceOfToast View Post
For Appleton ('ATW'), it is mainly due to Gulfstream (the upper-end private aircraft builder) and their major maintenance, sales and 'finishing' center there - it allows customers to fly them in directly from wherever in the World they are coming from without having to stop anywhere else to clear Customs on the way in. It is also an option for non-USAians who are coming in for EAA week or for whatever other reason. There are currently no international flights that are scheduled in or out. The 'international' part simply means that the DHS has a Customs office on the grounds.

Besides, if anyone would start up a regular scheduled service that would fly directly between ATW, MSN, MKE, GRB, etc, and a Canadian destination, Customs clearance would be done in both directions at the Canadian airport. This allows direct service between Canada and anywhere in the USA with those flights being treated as 'domestic' at the USA airports.

Mike
mgk920 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
madison, wisconsin