Bus Lines in The Philippines - Page 12 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure

Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure » Airports and Aviation | Railways | Highways and Roadways | Maritime | Urban Planning

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 16th, 2005, 06:34 AM   #221
ryanr
Registered non-User

Likes (Received): 30

bump
ryanr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 16th, 2005, 06:55 AM   #222
bustero

Likes (Received): 18

This too maybe you can just combine with the different modes of transport in Manila. Less threads but more active.
Old November 17th, 2005, 04:06 PM   #223
mapman

Likes (Received): 0

OBR and Bus rapid transit

Just wondering how the OBR is fairing lately and how it compares with other Bus rapid transit schemes in the area, as in the Jakarta BRT. Are there feeder lines running into the OBR stations from outside of Edsa? Would BRT work on any other avenues through out Metro Manila?
mapman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 18th, 2005, 12:05 PM   #224
Atlason

Jeepneys?

Anyone know where I can find good pictures of Jeepneys?
Atlason no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2005, 10:31 PM   #225
bulakenyo

Likes (Received): 33

Kelan po ba mai-implement ang phasing out nung mga old buses?
Kasi madami pa din sila eh. It's about time the government gets rid of those flying coffins. Wala namang pakialam ang mga bus companies kung perhuwisyo na sa community yung mga bulok nilang buses eh. Kailangan pa silang pukpukin bago magpaka-tino.
bulakenyo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2005, 12:44 AM   #226
bulakenyo

I just want to post pics of my favorite Bus Line. The Baliwag Transit!
Dyaarrraaaannnn!! Heheheheh!!

Old November 27th, 2005, 01:24 AM   #227
bagel
Member, Winifred Fan Club

Likes (Received): 55

I'm also wondering how OBR is working now. From two standpoints:
1) as a private car driver or passenger, is EDSA less traffic jammed?
2) as a public bus passenger, is OBR allowing you to a) find enough buses and b) get to your destinations smoothly?

I wonder which group of people can be represented in these forums.

I am the original thread killer.
bagel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2005, 01:45 PM   #228
mapman

boybaha

from my point of view a well managed OBR should help both of the types you mention-- I heard that they are even considering some organized Jeepney routes on secondary roads to continue the momemtum toward smoother public transport. I just hope more OBR lines or some BRT (bus rapid transit) lines are established across MM.
mapman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2005, 09:32 PM   #229
ryanr
Registered non-User

Good to hear that its working well and they may extend it to Jeep services. But i oppose a BRT. It doesnt not work very well, imo (and i lived in Jakarta where they have BRT). MRT and LRT lines are much, much better so the government should keep pushing their proposed MRT projects.
Old November 28th, 2005, 05:38 AM   #230
Solblanc
hot

Likes (Received): 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigidig14
^a white guy calling in a cellphone , hus white guy in a business suit would ride in philtranco. comm'n guy be realistic.
well, they ride the MRT/LRT, although its a little disconcerting to see a caucasian in a suit sweating like a pig while waiting for the train.

Maybe its because of Bea Zobel's PR stunt. I remember sometime ago, she and her entourage took the MRT to an event (although she had a car to take her to Ayala station, and yet another car pick her up at her destination )

Bea should probably take the bus next time; that should encourage people to ride it

===================

Oh, and OBR or not, I still avoid EDSA like a plague. I'm a C-5 person, myself
Old November 28th, 2005, 10:17 PM   #231
bagel

http://news.inq7.net/metro/index.php...story_id=58064
MMDA target: Unsafe buses
First posted 10:33pm (Mla time) Nov 28, 2005
By Tarra V. Quismundo
Inquirer News Service

THE METROPOLITAN Manila Development Authority (MMDA) yesterday gave bus companies a one-week ultimatum to comply with the agency’s regulations on public transport cleanliness as it vowed to crack down on poorly maintained buses.

MMDA Metropolitan Road Rules Enforcement System chief Mon Santiago said they would begin an intensified implementation of other regulatory components of the Organized Bus Scheme (OBR), a controlled bus dispatch and traffic reduction scheme implemented on Edsa in October.

“Now that we have already put the dispatch system in terminals in order, we are moving to the enforcement aspect,” said Santiago.

The first week of December would involve an intensified campaign against smoke belching buses. Monitoring personnel will also look out for buses with tinted glasses or curtains, and those with dirty interiors and grimy license plates.

Offenders face the penalty of losing their turn at the dispatch line, as the agency would be denying violators OBR queue cards required before they can ply their routes under the scheme.

The limited dispatch system has allowed the agency to regulate the release of buses from MMDA-established terminals based on commuter volume at a given time.

As an initial step, the agency will spend the week validating the tags pasted on buses when the MMDA conducted a bus registration procedure for the OBR in September.

Some 2,600 tagged buses had been certified legal, and only these were allowed to ply Edsa when the scheme was implemented, hampering operations of colorum or illegal buses. “Buses will also be checked to see if tags had been removed and attached to other units,” said Santiago.

©2005 www.inq7.net all rights reserved

Old November 30th, 2005, 10:22 PM   #232
bulakenyo

Mukhang nakukuha sa charms ni Claire dela Fuente ang hindi pag-implement nito agad ah? Ang tagal nang problema ng mga buwiset na flying coffins na yan. Kung bakit hindi pa mapatigil sa pagbiyahe yang mga smoke belching, ugly buses na yan.
Old December 1st, 2005, 01:56 PM   #233
bagel

Court junks MMDA terminal closure petition

First posted 11:17pm (Mla time) Nov 30, 2005
By Tina G. Santos
Inquirer News Service

Editor's Note: Published on Page A19 of the December 1, 2005 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

THE Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has suffered a setback after a Manila court stood pat on its earlier decision that the agency has no power to order the closure of provincial bus terminals.

Judge Silvino Pampilo Jr. of Manila Regional Trial Court Branch 26 has turned down the MMDA's motion for reconsideration, saying he found no cogent reason to reverse the order he issued last Sept. 8.

Pampilo earlier issued Executive Order No. 179, which was enacted upon the recommendation of the MMDA, declaring the closure of bus terminals along major thoroughfares, as "unconstitutional" and "inconsistent with the legal provisions of the Public Service Law."

"The motion for reconsideration filed by the MMDA through the Office of the Solicitor General, with opposition filed by petitioners Viron Transportation Co. Inc. and Mencorp Transportation System Inc., is hereby denied," Pampilo said in his one-paragraph ruling.

The court ruling has further derailed

the MMDA's Greater Manila Mass Transport System (GMMTS).

The traffic congestion project intends to centralize provincial bus stations by having just one northern and one southern point on Edsa.

Old December 1st, 2005, 06:52 PM   #234
dancethingy

Likes (Received): 6

There are plenty of unsafe busses out there and even more frightening are the deafening sound of their horns.

It really sucks that MMDA lost that case, but i think they should fight for it tooth and nail, because it is essential in decongesting EDSA. It really sucks to drive down edsa because your driving and everything is going nice and smooth then traffic comes to a stall because some bus is trying to park in the terminal. Its freakin' insane. I don't get why the court sided with the provincial terminals, can someone explain to me the legal support used by the provincial terminals to stay open? Thanks
dancethingy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2005, 08:21 PM   #235
ryanr
Registered non-User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boybaha
Court junks MMDA terminal closure petition

First posted 11:17pm (Mla time) Nov 30, 2005
By Tina G. Santos
Inquirer News Service

Editor's Note: Published on Page A19 of the December 1, 2005 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

THE Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has suffered a setback after a Manila court stood pat on its earlier decision that the agency has no power to order the closure of provincial bus terminals.

Judge Silvino Pampilo Jr. of Manila Regional Trial Court Branch 26 has turned down the MMDA's motion for reconsideration, saying he found no cogent reason to reverse the order he issued last Sept. 8.

Pampilo earlier issued Executive Order No. 179, which was enacted upon the recommendation of the MMDA, declaring the closure of bus terminals along major thoroughfares, as "unconstitutional" and "inconsistent with the legal provisions of the Public Service Law."

"The motion for reconsideration filed by the MMDA through the Office of the Solicitor General, with opposition filed by petitioners Viron Transportation Co. Inc. and Mencorp Transportation System Inc., is hereby denied," Pampilo said in his one-paragraph ruling.

The court ruling has further derailed

the MMDA's Greater Manila Mass Transport System (GMMTS).

The traffic congestion project intends to centralize provincial bus stations by having just one northern and one southern point on Edsa.
A setback indeed...too bad, a centralized bus station would be more productive and organized. but law is law...
Old December 1st, 2005, 08:46 PM   #236
bulakenyo

This is sad. It's frustrating to see some stubborn people oppose development just protect their business. Provincial bus terminals along EDSA should be demolished to make way for a more organized system like that MMDA project. I hate those anti-development people.
Old December 5th, 2005, 05:25 AM   #237
bustero

oo nga when are these buses coming out ? I want to see these new non pollutive buses on the slex and have them on edsa , the sooner the better
Old December 5th, 2005, 05:29 AM   #238
bustero

whoa there is another bus thread pala. maybe we should merge this.

mmda is so weak, I miss imelda and her Ministry of Human Settlement and the MMC.
Old December 5th, 2005, 07:34 AM   #239
ryanr
Registered non-User

Its taking them a long time to release the buses. I thought by this time, a lot of them would be on the streets already.
Old December 5th, 2005, 09:14 AM   #240
Sinjin P.
TheLibotero

Likes (Received): 535

BTW, how many ethanol buses are on the MM roads now?