COPENHAGEN | Public Transport - Page 61 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 12th, 2019, 09:09 PM   #1201
Grotlaufen

Likes (Received): 356

On the other hand, with the metro at both Flintholm (to the airport and Amager) and Nørrebro (to Brokvarterene) must S-train passengers from Roskilde necessarily get into Copenhagen H and cram Røret these days?

Flintholm is not far off from Hvidovre/Danshøj, but the F-line can't get directly to the western main line.

sbondorf liked this post
Grotlaufen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 14th, 2019, 10:45 PM   #1202
dysharmonica

Location: København / Bratislava / Austin, TX / Philadelphia, PA
Likes (Received): 2146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grotlaufen View Post
On the other hand, with the metro at both Flintholm (to the airport and Amager) and Nørrebro (to Brokvarterene) must S-train passengers from Roskilde necessarily get into Copenhagen H and cram Røret these days?

Flintholm is not far off from Hvidovre/Danshøj, but the F-line can't get directly to the western main line.
you mean to get to the Airport? Technically KBH H is before the tunnel, but yes. The point of the Ring-syd proposal is to allow Roskilde (Western mainline) passengers to get to the airport without getting into the city and setting up Ny Ellebjerg as a second main railways station for Copenhagen.

The plans for the Ørestad / Tårnby / Airport line are also set. Ørestad is getting 4 tracks with the Ring-syd proposal. The Airport station is also proposed to get 4 tracks to separate stopping for regional and long-distance trains. - once Fehmarn opens. Currently there are 2 tracks that do not stop at the airport. The proposal will have a new "High Speed Rail Station" built on these tracks

F line stops are Danshøj station so one could transfer there to the Western mainline.

To be honest, I am not sure what the goal is with the proposal to extend the F line to the airport. Who are we concerned about - who are we trying to serve? Yes, the tunnel in central copenhagen is at capacity, as is the central station, and the region is addressing this by sending more traffic through Ny Ellebjerg (at least for now).

Ring Syd will help those on the western main line to get to the airport without getting to central copenhagen. The new metro gives people living in central Copenhagen multiple options to get to the airport (Metro from, Frederiksberg, Nørreport, or Kongens Nytorv or trains from any of the three central stations.

Anyone on the F line will in the future be able to go to Ny Ellebjerg and transfer to a regional train to get to the airport without entering the city (of course they can also take M2 at Flintholm). Those on the M4 will be able to do the same for yet another option proving resiliency to the airport connection.
dysharmonica no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2019, 07:42 AM   #1203
Amexpat

Likes (Received): 58

I took the new circle line for the first time about a week ago. My hotel was by Raadhusplass and instead of taking the train to the airport, I took the metro to Kongens Nytorv and switched to the metro line to the airport.

It was a Sunday and there were a number of tourists that I saw struggling with the same route I choose. The main problem was with the ticket machine at the Raadhusplass. There was only one machine in the whole station that sells tickets for visitors (there were enough for the resjekort that locals use). I had checked out the station before using it and saw that the one ticket machine for visitors kept breaking down and they had to use the emergency phone and were told to take the metro without a ticket and buy a ticket at Kongens Nytorv. I'm surprised that there is only one such ticket machine at such a central station. I had to buy my ticket at Kongens Nytorv as well, but there was more than one ticket machine there for me to use.

It's also annoying that a visitor can't buy a couple of single tickets in advance to avoid waiting in line each time to use the Metro because the tickets are activated upon purchase. Most Metro systems allow you to activate single tickets upon use. The resjekort is not a good option for visitors and the 24-hour ticket doesn't always make sense.

The other issue I saw was transferring at Kongens Nytorv. The signage wasn't very good. The signs were very discrete and all were at eye level along the wall. It was not obvious when it was necessary to take the escalator. Some large signs, higher up, would be helpful for visitors trying to navigate through the busy interchange.

sbondorf, mikethebest, kapo311, pudgym29 liked this post
Amexpat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 22nd, 2019, 09:10 PM   #1204
dysharmonica

The TBM for the Southern Harbor extension (5 stations) arrived in Copenhagen today. The line should open in 2025 if all goes according to plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysharmonica View Post
Sydhavnens cutting head has arrived:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/jakob...047143936-Rki8

urbanflight, davroca5 liked this post
Old November 26th, 2019, 01:33 AM   #1205
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 4829

Well its only the first drilling head and not the whole TBM

And there should also be a second TBM on the way.
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2019, 03:05 PM   #1206
dysharmonica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo-anders View Post
Well its only the first drilling head and not the whole TBM

And there should also be a second TBM on the way.
Yes indeed.

In related news:

Quote:
The first TBM for Sydhavnen is being assembled:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/henri...235766785-WV84

Old November 28th, 2019, 04:04 PM   #1207
dysharmonica

More Sydhavn updates .. this time drone videos!

Quote:
A trove of Drove videos from Sydhavn was posted by Metro on Youtube

Havneholmen

Enghave Brygge

Sluseholmen

Mozarts Plads

Strømmen

Ny Ellebjerg
Old December 9th, 2019, 03:02 PM   #1208
dysharmonica

The new expanded Metro system seems to be settling into ridership numbers. M3 carried a little over 4M passengers both in October and November, and we're seeing perhaps 500k additional riders on M1/M2 in November.

Quote:
No press release on precise numbers yet, but the passengertal graphic was updated on m.dk and M3 numbers hold steady (possibly even a little up) from October to November.

https://m.dk/om-metroen/metroen-i-tal/passagertal/

As pointed out in the general transport thread, M1/M2 are seeing a rapid growth in usage, one can likely attribute to the M3 synergy.

Quote:
Cityringen's impact on M1/M2 ridership is becoming more pronounced. It seems November numbers approached 6,5M riders. up about 500k from 2018

https://m.dk/om-metroen/metroen-i-tal/passagertal/

I expect November numbers for Cityringen on Monday .. hopefully
Old December 9th, 2019, 09:21 PM   #1209
Attus

Likes (Received): 1817

Do you have information about the amount of passengers of S-tog Linie F? I mean, did it decrease after the opening of M3?
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2019, 06:53 PM   #1210
dysharmonica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Do you have information about the amount of passengers of S-tog Linie F? I mean, did it decrease after the opening of M3?
I have only seen annual and very hig-level numbers from DSB, which besides operating S-trains operates the mainline services in Denmark, Øresundståg to Sweden and regional trains around Copenhagen.

I would not expect a dip, the ring was deliberately built in a way to complement the S-tog without competing with it. I cannot think of many situations (besides city - to - Norrebro St. (which would can be accomplished by S-train but the 5C was always the better option) where the new metro would compete with the S-trains and Line F specifically.

Attus liked this post
Old December 10th, 2019, 07:02 PM   #1211
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 26582

How much did the bus system change with the completion of the new circular (kind of) subway line?
Old December 10th, 2019, 11:57 PM   #1212
kapo311

Likes (Received): 1509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
How much did the bus system change with the completion of the new circular (kind of) subway line?
Its was changed completely, with only 1 exception- Line 5C remained the same as before. All other main lines are more or less new.

Suburbanist liked this post
kapo311 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2019, 12:55 PM   #1213
bongo-anders

Some updates from the Sydhavn metro.

Quote:
Second TBM for Sydhavn being assembled

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/tina-...967689728-qErf
Old December 12th, 2019, 08:19 AM   #1214
lunarwhite

Likes (Received): 49

Here is a good article on the CNN.com travel section about the M3 Cityring line. It includes a photo gallery talks about the construction challenges of building the line.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/m...ark/index.html
lunarwhite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2020, 10:14 PM   #1215
bongo-anders

Finally some M4 news

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo-anders View Post
The 2 new tbm's are called Inge and Olivia after a scientist and a Woman who fighted for womens union rights.

https://m.dk/nyheder/inge-og-olivia-...oens-tunneler/

Old January 10th, 2020, 06:30 PM   #1216
mikethebest

Likes (Received): 22

The entire M3 Cityringen will shut down in 2 weeks between 12th January and 26th January due to test driving on the new M4 line between Orientkaj and København H.

There will be replacement buses called metro buses going every 4-8 minutes during rush hours. There is still no official date for when the M4 Nordhavnslinjen will open, but it's likely it will be in February.

Source: https://dinoffentligetransport.dk/ny...ker-i-to-uger/
mikethebest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2020, 04:32 PM   #1217
luacstjh98

Likes (Received): 583

Why not leave the line open, but have the "M4" trains run a partial service between Osterport and Kobenhavn H?

I have a bad habit of retroactively editing my posts without prior warning.
luacstjh98 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2020, 11:31 AM   #1218
1993matias

Likes (Received): 44

The computer system need to be tested and that includes the existing lines. This was the fastest way they could do it instead of closing at night for many weeks or months.

With nightly closures they also risked that the computer system wouldn't "downgrade" correctly from the M4 upgrade they would test, leading to cancellations in the morning rush hour.

www.tognål.dk - Danish railway themed pins

nitramwin liked this post
1993matias no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2020, 12:54 PM   #1219
sbondorf

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by luacstjh98 View Post
Why not leave the line open, but have the "M4" trains run a partial service between Osterport and Kobenhavn H?

That wouldn’t leave the M3 undisturbed. Østerport has only two platform tracks to be shared between M3 and M4, so turning Østerport into a terminus station would probably not be a simple task. A rather similar situation exists at the København H temporary terminus, by the way.
sbondorf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2020, 04:06 PM   #1220
mikethebest

Likes (Received): 22

I don't get it why the entire M3 Cityringen has to be shut down if they are just test driving the M4 line between Østerport and København H.

It doesn't make any sense. The other 11 stations will not be bothered, so why not have the M3 line open between Enghave Plads and Triangeln in both directions?

Last edited by mikethebest; January 12th, 2020 at 09:05 PM.
mikethebest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement