#PROJECT: MEYDAN ONE - Page 16 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Dubai Projects > Dubai Project Development

Dubai Project Development Other projects under construction and development

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 19th, 2019, 12:42 AM   #301
Kyll.Ing.

Likes (Received): 5535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel900 View Post
This mall has no fountains .. no tallest residential tower .. no ski slope .. no canal .. basically another "mall" .. how is this supposed to attract tourists or anyone when Dubai Mall is 20 times better and just across the street and connected to a metro.
It's not just across the street from Dubai Mall either, it's across the river. And two highways. And some residential areas. And a little stretch of desert for good measure. Far enough that it's completely out of the question for Meydan Mall to draw crowds away from Dubai Mall by being located right next to it.

And Henrik_Flottmann, I'm afraid I don't fully buy your logic. Why would they not build everything at the same time if they could? They need some reason for people to go to the mall, other than "Hey, we have a bunch of stores". So has Dubai Mall, and it is a lot more conveniently located (possibly except if you arrive by your own car). The mall needs selling points to compete for tourist money. Until it has that little something, I can't see many people bothering to go there.

Also, can they even build the ski slope while the mall is open? I would feel a little wary about building a cantilevered structure above a building full of people.

GeneratorNL liked this post
Kyll.Ing. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2019, 01:14 AM   #302
Henrik_Flottmann

Likes (Received): 108

There is a reason big projects are often built in phases. I dont think they can built everything at the same time. It would just take too many resources and would be too complicated.
So they just built it in phases, one thing at a time.

I think it will be quite empty until the rest of it is built and it got some reasons why you should go there. BUT, it is built to stay. It will not make the big money in the first years and it not meant to...

And yes, I am pretty sure they can built a ski-slope while there are people.
Old May 19th, 2019, 01:34 AM   #303
Dubai Skyscraper

Likes (Received): 2737

The only resource lacking here is money. Of course they could build everything at once if they wanted to. Just look at how buzzing Downtown was with construction: http://www.burjdubaiskyscraper.com/2...07January.html
Old May 19th, 2019, 11:06 AM   #304
Henrik_Flottmann

Likes (Received): 108

Can be. Yes! But they still have to start with something!And just because there is no funding atm doesnt mean it will never be there and we should lose all hope on a completed project.

It just drives me mad too see somebody say every single day that the every project is over and it will never get completed when the only reason is, that they dont built everything at the same time.

Maybe I am wrong at nothing will ever get completed. but as long as it the project itself is U/C, I think we should stop being so negative and hope the best...
Old May 19th, 2019, 11:18 AM   #305
Scion

Likes (Received): 8664

Are you the project manager for Brandenburg Airport by any chance?
Scion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2019, 12:39 PM   #306
Kyll.Ing.

Likes (Received): 5535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik_Flottmann View Post
Can be. Yes! But they still have to start with something!And just because there is no funding atm doesnt mean it will never be there and we should lose all hope on a completed project.

It just drives me mad too see somebody say every single day that the every project is over and it will never get completed when the only reason is, that they dont built everything at the same time.

Maybe I am wrong at nothing will ever get completed. but as long as it the project itself is U/C, I think we should stop being so negative and hope the best...
I think the mall will be completed, it's too far ahead to stall now. But I have doubts that it will make as much money as envisioned. I read somewhere that Dubai is tripling its retail capacity in the next five or ten years, while the retail market already is saturated and the population number is stagnant. I think Meydan Mall won't steal that many customers from Dubai Mall, since the latter has both a central location and a number of other attractions around it. This means that the ultra-expensive ski slope and the even more expensive megatall tower probably won't manifest for the foreseeable future.
Kyll.Ing. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2019, 01:50 PM   #307
A Almarzooqi
A Almarzooqi

Likes (Received): 164

Non of the plan has been cancelled !!! where do you guys get these rumors ?? off course a project like that needs phases to finish !!!

Henrik_Flottmann liked this post
A Almarzooqi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 12:20 PM   #308
Richard Head

Likes (Received): 159

I think the ski slope is a huge white elephant that will never happen. Go to MOE on a weekday, the ski slope we already have is very, very quiet. I seriously doubt they get enough people through that place to even cover the DEWA bill.
Richard Head no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 01:37 PM   #309
ostendadler
Beat the Heat

Likes (Received): 311

1. Dubai has a LONG list of projects that have and will never see the light of day - I invite you to dig in the catacombs of the old pages of the forum as proof. Economic sense is still the main driver for anything and it applies here more than ever.

2. If this city continues to double its size every 10 ish years then this might be a good idea - the area around downtown clogs up real quick at the moment - wouldn't hurt

3. Mega projects tend to be reshaped and modified all the time around the world and so can this one - so let's not be so pessimistic - besides Meydan is still pushing a lot of low rise and villa components of the master plan.

4. Things take time - even here things need to take a breather. Its been 10 years since the crash happened and the city went from 1.6 to 3 million plus people since. Can we all take the time to look back and appreciate how far Dubai has gone since those dark days. I know we all want to be over the hump and get back to the merry days but it takes time. Be patient!

Peace guys and take care.

Henrik_Flottmann, Ahmedn97 liked this post
ostendadler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement