#GROUND WORKS: SEVEN CITY JLT, ?m, ?F, Res - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Dubai Projects > Jumeirah Lakes Towers

Jumeirah Lakes Towers Masterplanned skyscraper community by Nakheel

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 29th, 2019, 02:10 PM   #21
[email protected]
Musafir

Likes (Received): 0

I think foundation work on site has completed now and the foundation contractor has moved out. Did anyone see any movement on the site regarding main contractor? Surprisingly, RERA has changed project status from "Active" to "Conditional Active". Did anyone get any information from the developer regarding this? If main contractor has been assigned and when will he be moving in?
vpsiitk@gmail.com no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 30th, 2019, 12:59 PM   #22
karan05

Likes (Received): 2

I had a word with "Yolanda", their CRM team spokesperson. She said let's wait for a week or two. As usual, she was clueless about this status change. Even DLD doesn't define the word "Conditional Active" on their website. I don't know if this is worrisome at this moment. Let's keep posting updates if anyone else gets one.
karan05 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2019, 08:54 PM   #23
ericdub

Likes (Received): 53

Dropped by the construction site today.
Very limited activity - I could count a total of 5 workers, on 2 different areas (cf. pics below, which I made today)
My guess is the main contractor has not moved into the site yet (has the main contractor even been appointed yet?) - I have to admit a little bit more communication from Seven Tides on the topic would have been appreciated, rather than sending construction updates which claim that the project is "On Track"...

Has anyone had any update since the "let's wait a week or two" from Yolanda from two weeks ago?

ericdub no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2019, 09:14 PM   #24
karan05

Thanks for sharing latest update.

Not a single world from Yolanda or any other team member despite repetitive emails

I don't think they have even finalised main contractor yet. Surprised to see seven tides communicating "on track" in the latest progress report - is that an early red flag.

Is it possible for someone to visit their office, either that Duke one or ibn batuta to get a better update.

Cheers
Old September 15th, 2019, 08:44 AM   #25
ericdub

I called Yolanda this morning; she was confused and confusing (as usual, I guess).
The main contractor has not been finalised yet; she wasn't sure when that would happen, but she did say that the negotiations with the contractor were being finalised (she wasn't sure who the main contractor was) and she believes the appointment should be this month (let's see..).
She mentioned the next update would be sent in October.
When asked about the "conditional active" status on the DLD site she just said that this was an update from June and she wasn't sure why it was "conditional active".

So unfortunately not much new information expect for the fact that the project is clearly not on track (the SPA had 25% completed as at end of August in the SPA vs. the 15% Seven Tides claim - I have to say I am not sure the site looks like 15% done. DLD had 10% in their June inspection).

I asked her when she thought the project would hit 25% and she wasn't sure on that point either. I would say we are probably looking at a ~6 month delay easily, but this is just my personal guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan05 View Post
Thanks for sharing latest update.

Not a single world from Yolanda or any other team member despite repetitive emails

I don't think they have even finalised main contractor yet. Surprised to see seven tides communicating "on track" in the latest progress report - is that an early red flag.

Is it possible for someone to visit their office, either that Duke one or ibn batuta to get a better update.

Cheers
ericdub no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2019, 09:12 PM   #26
ericdub

I went to the site today and took a picture (cf. below) - no visible change from 2 weeks ago.
Spoke to the security at the entrance of the site (who works for the foundation company), who said there were now ~10 workers on site (I could see a few workers on site; i.e. quite similar to what I have reported here 2 weeks ago) vs. ~60 previously. Foundations are broadly done but they are finishing a couple of small things and expect to move out "soon" (unclear when).

Picture from myself from today:

Old October 3rd, 2019, 12:51 PM   #27
karan05

Thanks Eric, for a continuous update. Really appreciate your time.

I had a word with Syed, another customer relation person. Managenent is still finalizing main contractor and sales team has no inside info as such regarding progress on same.

I guess we can just wait and hope that this kickstarts asap. Fingers crossed

Karan

ericdub, GeneratorNL liked this post

Last edited by Dubai Skyscraper; October 3rd, 2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old October 11th, 2019, 08:11 AM   #28
DerHamburger

Likes (Received): 0

Why people buy properties which are not finished and ready for handover? No lessons learnd from the past?
DerHamburger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2019, 12:01 PM   #29
Henrik_Flottmann

Likes (Received): 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerHamburger View Post
Why people buy properties which are not finished and ready for handover? No lessons learnd from the past?
Because buying properties before they are built is less expensive. Its a pretty normal thing to do, not just in Dubai...
Advertisement