JICA-Metro Manila Subway | Length: 36 km| 15 Stations - Page 17 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 20th, 2017, 04:45 AM   #321
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 10423

Hope they have considered the interconnection issues with existing rail lines / BRT stops this wet dream subway will traverse.

Let us learn from the epic mistakes of
  • LRT2-MRT2 Cubao Station
  • LRT1-MRT3 Taft Station
  • PNR-MR3 Magallanes

among others

PRRD, #SONA2019

Magniko, s_w_stars liked this post
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2017, 08:39 AM   #322
RayQ
Confirmed User

Likes (Received): 1932

Budget Secretary discusses Manila Subway

MIKECHESTER liked this post
RayQ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 10:18 AM   #323
chestersim
W

Likes (Received): 1233

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybum7 View Post
then shouldn't that be the case as well for the EDSA-Pasay-Makati-Taguig Subway?
If you check the plan, they actually identified areas prone to liquefaction. I think they would fortify and stabilize those land so the hole will not collapse. They also identified flood prone areas, Earthquake routes etc. They even identified areas that will be swallowed by tsunami in the event manila bay fault moved. Remedies and options to this future events were also laid out.

So yeah. Their study is very thorough. In all fairness i would trust the tokyo designs over other countries design since japan always experience earthquake.
------
I think yung bgc stations are the closest stations to the fault noh?

private-i liked this post
chestersim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2017, 11:47 AM   #324
ionmarx
Explorer Extraordinaire

Likes (Received): 382

BGC and/or Ortigas North/South -- nearest point along Meralco Avenue is probably <500m sa West Valley Fault sa bandang PhilSports Arena.

chestersim liked this post
ionmarx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 12:33 PM   #325
bondjames

Likes (Received): 71

I also noticed that they are planning to build a station in Naia.. Does it mean they are not going to build the previously proposed Doña Soledad Station?..
bondjames no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 04:00 PM   #326
themapguy
- www.travelario.com -

Likes (Received): 803

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_w_stars View Post
Btw., when we're talking "subway" it has to be underground right?
Doesn't have to be all subway. In places like Berlin there is also an extensive "U-Bahn" (subway) network but outside of the city center those lines are above ground, some even in parts of the center and elevated. They are still called a subway.
ONGOING: Mapping all the locations of SSC and connecting them with the threads here (already finished: >2000).
NEW: Copy&Paste the URL of a SkyScraperCity thread into the map search field and directly see the location of this project.
themapguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 04:22 PM   #327
s_w_stars

Likes (Received): 4837

Quote:
Originally Posted by themapguy View Post
Doesn't have to be all subway. In places like Berlin there is also an extensive "U-Bahn" (subway) network but outside of the city center those lines are above ground, some even in parts of the center and elevated. They are still called a subway.
I understand. This subway plan is a roller coaster, and the route is a zigzag.
Old April 20th, 2017, 11:59 PM   #328
b_two
100% Pinoy

Likes (Received): 1497

"a wolf in sheep's clothing" in the senate? hmmm...
Old April 21st, 2017, 01:04 AM   #329
s_w_stars

Likes (Received): 4837

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestersim View Post
If you check the plan, they actually identified areas prone to liquefaction. I think they would fortify and stabilize those land so the hole will not collapse. They also identified flood prone areas, Earthquake routes etc. They even identified areas that will be swallowed by tsunami in the event manila bay fault moved. Remedies and options to this future events were also laid out.

So yeah. Their study is very thorough. In all fairness i would trust the tokyo designs over other countries design since japan always experience earthquake.
------
I think yung bgc stations are the closest stations to the fault noh?
Well, definitely. If a big one strikes, we can only mitigate the effect and pray for the best. However, my original point was for 10 km, the cost of a subway will be definitely prohibitive per km for such a short distance plus considering the environmental risk in the reclaimed land, well I'd much rather go with a monorail which will probably less cost per km, and if a big one strikes, it's better to be on top of the rubble or above the water if a storm surge/tsunami rolls in. This is a very ambitious project to serve very select group of people.
Old April 21st, 2017, 06:00 AM   #330
chestersim
W

The mega manila subway will not touch any reclaimation area.
While the cbd loop will be above when it reaches the reclaimation area. Most probably starting from taft-buendia. Not sure though. Some portion of buendia in pasay is quite skimpy theyll probably put it underground anyway even in conventional mrt models.

Probably they are expecting high volume thats why monorail was removed from the equation. Remember there were news before that they would pursue a monorail crossing ayala to moa. So they probably studied the possibilty of monorail before. Besides brt will be on top too eating the island that could have been the columns area.

I was a commuter in ayala ave before. Mind you that it could take 30 mins by just waiting for a bus during rush hour. Transpo is not really that smooth given the transpo system that ayala impose in its vicinity. A heavy rail could be the best option.

Given the situtation of bgc, it cant also go above for it to cross edsa. Unless they would buy big chunks of forbes.

Last edited by chestersim; April 21st, 2017 at 08:39 AM.
Old April 21st, 2017, 06:35 AM   #331
McMarco

Likes (Received): 904

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_w_stars View Post
Well, definitely. If a big one strikes, we can only mitigate the effect and pray for the best. However, my original point was for 10 km, the cost of a subway will be definitely prohibitive per km for such a short distance plus considering the environmental risk in the reclaimed land, well I'd much rather go with a monorail which will probably less cost per km, and if a big one strikes, it's better to be on top of the rubble or above the water if a storm surge/tsunami rolls in. This is a very ambitious project to serve very select group of people.
Come to think of it, Japan uses monorails in its reclaimed areas not subways.
McMarco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 07:09 AM   #332
goliath103

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMarco View Post
Come to think of it, Japan uses monorails in its reclaimed areas not subways.
Tokyo's Rinkai line and Yokohama's Minatomirai line run underground in reclaimed areas. But these 2 lines run really deep, I think the platforms are on basement 3 or 4. Construction costs of both lines were immense.

s_w_stars liked this post
goliath103 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 07:18 AM   #333
kratos1211

Likes (Received): 983

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_888 View Post
Another wet dream Project, the MM Subway, has NAIA in its proposed route.

Planned to be completed in 2024.

From CNN PH FB Page
Never seen this route in any previous JICA report. The stops at 4,5,6,7 will definitely be ROW nightmare.
News from media are mostly inaccurate anyway. Will wait then for the latest JICA report coming in August or when Abe is here.

nvii, vmanato liked this post
kratos1211 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 07:47 AM   #334
kratos1211

Likes (Received): 983

Tunnels on reclaimed land is not impossible, it will depends on the ground condition for the type of construction method to use. Cut and cover, no trench method, TBM, drill and blast, etc. The question is are you willing to spend $$$ for it.

chestersim, Gee Ens liked this post
kratos1211 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 08:23 AM   #335
silaster

Likes (Received): 130

Tokyo Subway system: sea level, Lindol, highly urbanized, most expensive land in the world. Advantage nila Walang utak talangka

edly, DesDep, diz, vmanato, makalasyan liked this post
silaster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 08:30 AM   #336
Shoktong
the great

Likes (Received): 123

I hope someone creates an updated manila metro map incorporating the MM subway and CBD loop. ^_^
Old April 21st, 2017, 08:59 AM   #337
chestersim
W

As per news. The ODA will be repaid in 40 years(?) With .5% interest. So thats probably enough time for philippines to develop into high income economy that repaying this kind of debt with so low interest will be a piece of cake.Why prohibit the efficiency of these conglomerate and its employees to achieve better goals. Ncr deserves good infra too since sila din nagbibigay ng chunks ng gdp.

Yung 4billion savings per day pa lang because of traffic e sapat na para ipatayo to.

silaster, RayQ liked this post
Old April 21st, 2017, 09:16 AM   #338
alvingod

Likes (Received): 463

So they will completely change the JICA planned route?

I thought the Duterte admin will be different, but here we go again with completely changing the previous admins proposal.

Swerte na kung magstart tong project na to with this admin with the way they change the route.
alvingod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 09:27 AM   #339
RayQ
Confirmed User

Likes (Received): 1932

We don't know if that's the exact route. That's from CNN Philippines, not from the government.
RayQ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2017, 09:49 AM   #340
McMarco

Likes (Received): 904

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayQ View Post
We don't know if that's the exact route. That's from CNN Philippines, not from the government.
The subway map of CNN is probably a mix of the three options given by JICA for the subway system.
McMarco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement