JICA-Metro Manila Subway | Length: 36 km| 15 Stations - Page 9 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 22nd, 2017, 05:24 PM   #161
hugodiekonig
Hyugo Korol'

Likes (Received): 96537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnyboy View Post
But the cost, my golly P75b.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lochinvar View Post
We lost billions too due to traffic.
We lose 2 billion pesos of economy daily due to heavy traffic in metro manila alone (napanuod ko lang sa tv)

So building a 75 billion worth of subway could save millions from economic losses due to daily traffic...

roydex liked this post
hugodiekonig está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 22nd, 2017, 05:36 PM   #162
Magniko
DDS(Davao Dabbing Squad)

Likes (Received): 941

Quote:
But the cost, my golly P75b.
You lose 2.4b every day according to JICA

Within 5 months you lose as much as what this subway will cost, so it's better to just build it already to lessen this bizarre number

edited

roydex, hugodiekonig, Judah14, nelo-- liked this post

Last edited by Magniko; January 23rd, 2017 at 11:39 PM.
Magniko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2017, 03:49 AM   #163
hugodiekonig
Hyugo Korol'

Likes (Received): 96537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magniko View Post

Within a month you lose as much as what this subway will cost, so it's better to just build it already to lessen this bizarre number
and in the long term it will be hugely beneficial. building a subway at this part, then building train networks in other parts. economy would be faster
hugodiekonig está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 23rd, 2017, 09:53 AM   #164
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 1036

Kaya palpak ang mga major infrastructures natin eh... laging 'mahal'... these should be treated as investments rather that expense...

It frustrates me sometimes that they plan on building these train lines with very short lengths... why can't they plan with a long train system para hindi patse patse ang linya...

When I was in Seoul they had a line with like 30 something stations in length, Singapore had at least 20... tyo ilan lang except maybe LRT1...

It would be nice if this subway system is extended to Ortigas Center or eastward to maybe to Taguig/FTI area or even upto Naia or even upto Alabang to the south if possible...
pau_p1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2017, 10:40 AM   #165
le Reine
Finding destiny

Likes (Received): 2927

75B is not actually expensive kung subway ha. I think mas tataas pa yang amount na yan. MRT3 was already $600M in 1999 LRT pa lang yun. Php31B naman ang price ng LRT 2 nung early 2000's.

Last edited by le Reine; January 23rd, 2017 at 10:58 AM.
le Reine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2017, 12:30 PM   #166
kratos1211

Likes (Received): 983

Quote:
Originally Posted by le Reine View Post
75B is not actually expensive kung subway ha. I think mas tataas pa yang amount na yan. MRT3 was already $600M in 1999 LRT pa lang yun. Php31B naman ang price ng LRT 2 nung early 2000's.
The subway is not P75B, but P375B
Old January 23rd, 2017, 01:03 PM   #167
le Reine
Finding destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos1211 View Post
I was merely reacting to the previous post, which said Php75B. That's why I said "kung".
Old January 23rd, 2017, 08:24 PM   #168
Magniko
DDS(Davao Dabbing Squad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau_p1 View Post
Kaya palpak ang mga major infrastructures natin eh... laging 'mahal'... these should be treated as investments rather that expense...

It frustrates me sometimes that they plan on building these train lines with very short lengths... why can't they plan with a long train system para hindi patse patse ang linya...

When I was in Seoul they had a line with like 30 something stations in length, Singapore had at least 20... tyo ilan lang except maybe LRT1...

It would be nice if this subway system is extended to Ortigas Center or eastward to maybe to Taguig/FTI area or even upto Naia or even upto Alabang to the south if possible...
That's where the EDSA subway line comes into play

It actually goes through Ortigas, Market-Market and FTI
Old January 23rd, 2017, 11:40 PM   #169
Magniko
DDS(Davao Dabbing Squad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos1211 View Post
ah crap, I will edit the post then

still, 375b is 5 months worth of lost money from Metro Manila traffic, so it's still definately a price worth paying
Old January 27th, 2017, 01:57 PM   #170
Bahay_Kubo
IntellectuallyStimulating

Likes (Received): 510

64 major projects underway in 'golden age of infrastructure’
By: Philippines News Agency
January 26, 2017 10:04 PM

<snipped>

23 rail projects

The DOTr, through a combination of ODA and PPP, is implementing and developing a total of 23 rail projects which will greatly expand the country’s rail system from the current 77 kilometers to over 1,750 Km.

The 10 ongoing rail projects include the following: PNR North (Manila-Malolos), PNR South Commuter PPP Project (Manila-Los Banos), PNR South Long Haul PPP Project (Los Banos-Legaspi,Matnog,Batangas Port), Line 1 Cavite Extension PPP Project (Baclaran-Niog), Automated Fare Collection System PPP Project (Beep Card), Line 2 O&M PPP Project, Line 2 East Extension (Santolan-Masinag), Line 2 West Extension (Recto-Pier 4), Line 6 PPP Project (Niog-Dasmarinas), Line 7 PPP Project (San Jose Del Monte-North EDSA).

Another 13 rail projects are being developed by DOTr.

These include the following: Mindanao Railway (Circumferential), Cebu Railway (5 lines), Panay Railway, Line 4 (Taytay-Manila) PPP Project, Line 5 (Pasay-Makati-Taguig) PPP Project, Line 8 (Quezon City-Manila) PPP Project, PNR North Phase 2 (Malolos-Clark), Mega Manila Subway Project, Subic-Clark Railway.

<snipped>
Bahay_Kubo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2017, 07:18 AM   #171
Bosnyboy

Likes (Received): 3449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magniko View Post

Within 5 months you lose as much as what this subway will cost, so it's better to just build it already to lessen this bizarre number

edited
True but govt cant just collect 2.4b daily to pay for the 75b subway. Where in the world can the govt come up with that 75b. And mind you, the ticket cost must be 2x if not 3x the cost of an mrt ticket. I dunno if their feasibility study showed its ridership numbers coz the govt might again end up subsidizing this train line. Pls dont get me wrong, i'll probably cry for joy if the subway becomes a reality but.......
Bosnyboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2017, 08:19 AM   #172
mmlon

Likes (Received): 11

Any updates on this project? I hope it happens, Manila need it.
mmlon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2017, 01:18 PM   #173
Magniko
DDS(Davao Dabbing Squad)

Quote:
True but govt cant just collect 2.4b daily to pay for the 75b subway. Where in the world can the govt come up with that 75b. And mind you, the ticket cost must be 2x if not 3x the cost of an mrt ticket. I dunno if their feasibility study showed its ridership numbers coz the govt might again end up subsidizing this train line. Pls dont get me wrong, i'll probably cry for joy if the subway becomes a reality but.......
I didn't say the govt can use this money

I say that despite the subway being expensive, it's better to build it so we won't lose money that equals to the price of the subway in 5 months
Old February 1st, 2017, 12:59 AM   #174
nelo--

Likes (Received): 598

JICA Line 5 Mega Manila Subway | Length: ? km| ? Stations

Based on JICA's plans, this line and MRT 7 ends in San Jose Del Monte.

Hindi ba redundant yun, having two almost-parallel lines terminating on the same area?
nelo-- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2017, 01:13 AM   #175
lochinvar

Likes (Received): 916

A subway in San Jose del Monte? Maybe it's a sandwich.
lochinvar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2017, 01:20 AM   #176
nelo--

Likes (Received): 598

I'm confused by JICA's diagrams. It could actually be elevated past EDSA's vicinity.
nelo-- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2017, 02:11 PM   #177
le Reine
Finding destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelo-- View Post
Based on JICA's plans, this line and MRT 7 ends in San Jose Del Monte.

Hindi ba redundant yun, having two almost-parallel lines terminating on the same area?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lochinvar View Post
A subway in San Jose del Monte? Maybe it's a sandwich.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelo-- View Post
I'm confused by JICA's diagrams. It could actually be elevated past EDSA's vicinity.
It's not parallel to MRT7 but it is almost parallel to MRT 3. I think it is what they called the Mega Manila Subway connecting Bulacan to Cavite right in the center of MM. I am so excited for this project dahil iko-connect nila lahat ng CBDs at nasa gitna talaga siya mismo ng Metro Manila. Tsaka iko-connect din siya sa isa pang subway, yung MOA-Pasay-Ayala-BGC subway. Pero parang malabo-labo at matagal-tagal pang ma-implement to.

http://www.interaksyon.com/business/...-cavite-subway

erzo01, lil_prince liked this post
Old February 2nd, 2017, 02:46 AM   #178
transjico
BANNED

Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by le Reine View Post
It's not parallel to MRT7 but it is almost parallel to MRT 3. I think it is what they called the Mega Manila Subway connecting Bulacan to Cavite right in the center of MM. I am so excited for this project dahil iko-connect nila lahat ng CBDs at nasa gitna talaga siya mismo ng Metro Manila. Tsaka iko-connect din siya sa isa pang subway, yung MOA-Pasay-Ayala-BGC subway. Pero parang malabo-labo at matagal-tagal pang ma-implement to.

http://www.interaksyon.com/business/...-cavite-subway
The Mega Manila Subway is different from the Makati-Taguig-Pasay Line 5 Loop. I hope mods, if possible, can seperate the two projects in different threads to avoid confusion

lil_prince liked this post
transjico no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2017, 04:21 AM   #179
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Likes (Received): 5281

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjico View Post
The Mega Manila Subway is different from the Makati-Taguig-Pasay Line 5 Loop. I hope mods, if possible, can seperate the two projects in different threads to avoid confusion
No, lets leave it as it is. All discussions about the once magical and mythical subway should be in this thread.

At the end of the day, there will only be one subway project to be built. After all, this is still the Philippines and frankly, the only reason why this thread exists despite the science fiction nature of this project is the belief that Digong can do what its predecessors cannot, due to sheer political will.

If the name of the thread needs to be changed, we shall do so once more concrete details has been finalized, as per current SSC Philippines practice in ALL threads about Projects (including high rise projects).

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection
queetz@home no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2017, 02:49 PM   #180
le Reine
Finding destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjico View Post
Where in my post did I say that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement