Vadodara (Baroda) discussions and general news - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > West > West/Central India Projects > Gujarat

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old November 4th, 2015, 01:26 AM   #21
henchman

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav View Post
reading above article was really sad
i have recently invested some money on out skirts of vadodara , seems should have put this money towards pune
Take out your money while you have time. The eastern part of pune is growing at an incredible pace.
henchman no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 28th, 2016, 12:41 PM   #22
mujunk

Likes (Received): 144

I wish Vadodara all the best
mujunk no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2016, 04:24 PM   #23
0scart
Salta - Argentina

Likes (Received): 3827

I have some questions about life in this city.

Is it safe? Are there many cultural options?

I've been reading about girls traveling alone at night. I am not a girl but I am curious about that fact so I may assume that rapes may be a common occurrence.

0scart no está en línea  
Old December 24th, 2016, 01:46 AM   #24
vadodara

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0scart View Post
Is it safe? Are there many cultural options?

I've been reading about girls traveling alone at night.
..... I may assume that rapes may be a common occurrence.
Thank you for your interest in the city.

It has been a very cosmopolitan city for a very long time, centered around its famed MS University.

Overtime, this has attracted lots of industries around the city, partly due to its value, cultural diversity and safe environment.

While it is true that girls can freely travel alone at night, assuming them to be a target for rape is taking a leap. Why this misinformed opinion?
vadodara no está en línea  
Old December 24th, 2016, 01:51 PM   #25
0scart
Salta - Argentina

Likes (Received): 3827

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadodara View Post
Thank you for your interest in the city.

It has been a very cosmopolitan city for a very long time, centered around its famed MS University.

Overtime, this has attracted lots of industries around the city, partly due to its value, cultural diversity and safe environment.

While it is true that girls can freely travel alone at night, assuming them to be a target for rape is taking a leap. Why this misinformed opinion?

Thank you for your answer. I don't know if I may call it a misinformed opinion but a query though it was not asked as such.

I was reading about different opinions about Indian cities' cultural life and transport and I was taken aback to read comments such as "XYZ [an Indian state] is not safe for girls" or "Girls can travel alone in XYZ". This opinions were asked in forums even before any thing had happened. Then, I read about a Danish woman (52) who was gangraped.

By no means, I am not saying that India is not a safe country but I was surprised to read that.

I have some other questions. Why is the average salary in USD and in RP that would allow anyone to rent a small place, to move around the city and to eat?

Thanks beforehand.

0scart no está en línea  
Old February 18th, 2017, 09:06 AM   #26
Rachit_Struc.Engg

Likes (Received): 199

First instalment of 76cr out of 350cr of total project cost of more than 4km long flyover from Genda Circle to Manisha Cross roads approved by State govt.

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/vadod...w/57194576.cms
Rachit_Struc.Engg no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread