The Modernization of the Moroccan Army Arsenal - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > المغرب Morocco > Infrastructures & Mobility projects > Other Infrastructures > Military & Security

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 26th, 2019, 08:20 PM   #21
Chahphotos

Likes (Received): 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister79 View Post
+1

Yes, Chabphotos still think like he lives in 1969. The world has changed. Nowadays you need good intelligence service, cyber warfare, drones etc to win war . Morocco is not a worldpower, or part of NATO. They don't need to spend billions. The weapons Morocco buys will stay in warehouses to rust.
Intelligence service= 2 Cutting edge spy settelites: Check

Cyber Warfare = Gulfstream G550 ISR: Check
Drone= Morocco already operates a few drones and the Apache pilots can operate them from inside the helicopter. Check

Chahphotos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 27th, 2019, 10:27 AM   #22
doukali

Likes (Received): 1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chahphotos View Post
Intelligence service= 2 Cutting edge spy settelites: Check

Cyber Warfare = Gulfstream G550 ISR: Check
Drone= Morocco already operates a few drones and the Apache pilots can operate them from inside the helicopter. Check

Dont count your chicken before the hatch

Intelligence service : 5 years life span...and then what? any replacements?
Cyber Warfare : The deal is not completely done, especially when it is paid for by UAE, lobbied for by Israel and Saudi Arabia will drag Morocco to conflicts at its own choosing. So, it looks too complicated to be under the control of Morocco https://www.menadefense.net/afnord/w...secours-maroc/

Drone : Do we make them? do we have the technology to make them? for me this is more important than owning them.

Look, we are building a very big dependency on others for our security and we should not. I keep hearing that we Moroccans are the smartest, sharpest, cleverest people in the world and yet we depend on others for our education (France), security (France, USA), political stability (France).
doukali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2019, 09:00 PM   #23
Chahphotos

Quote:
Originally Posted by doukali View Post
Dont count your chicken before the hatch

Intelligence service : 5 years life span...and then what? any replacements?
Cyber Warfare : The deal is not completely done, especially when it is paid for by UAE, lobbied for by Israel and Saudi Arabia will drag Morocco to conflicts at its own choosing. So, it looks too complicated to be under the control of Morocco https://www.menadefense.net/afnord/w...secours-maroc/

Drone : Do we make them? do we have the technology to make them? for me this is more important than owning them.

Look, we are building a very big dependency on others for our security and we should not. I keep hearing that we Moroccans are the smartest, sharpest, cleverest people in the world and yet we depend on others for our education (France), security (France, USA), political stability (France).

- Five years is the warranty period of the satellittes. Your car doesn't stop working after its five years warranty expires, does it?
- Too complicated to be under the the control of Morocco? lol On what do you base this silly notion other than the contempt you seem to have for your country and countrymen?
-There is a Moroccan company that makes drone locally but obviously the American and Isreali drone are top of the range and would be silly not to have them.
Here are some of the drones made in Morocco:

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/201...cle-takes-off/

Here is another one with some promising products.
https://www.bda-africa.com/

belgiumguy liked this post
Old November 28th, 2019, 09:41 AM   #24
doukali

Likes (Received): 1387

Quote:
- Five years is the warranty period of the satellittes. Your car doesn't stop working after its five years warranty expires, does it?
- Too complicated to be under the the control of Morocco? lol On what do you base this silly notion other than the contempt you seem to have for your country and countrymen?
-There is a Moroccan company that makes drone locally but obviously the American and Isreali drone are top of the range and would be silly not to have them.
Here are some of the drones made in Morocco:

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/201...cle-takes-off/

Here is another one with some promising products.
https://www.bda-africa.com/

Far from it, I have the least contempt for my country and countrymen but not the elite and decision makers who have no clue what they are doing, no vision for the country.

Also, you misunderstood what I said (which is fine) so I suggest you read it again. I was questioning the whole set up where you have Saudi Arabia (paying for things), UAE (payingfor things), Israel (lobbying), USA (selling) and you are telling me that this is not a complicated setup???? Morocco does not have ANY leverage against any pf those countries and I cannot see how Morocco can get his way without any sort of "quid pro quo" and Yemen is an example!!

As for being not to have them, well if we can afford them then I am all for it but....

Thanks for the links about the drones, I already saw some of them and I was impressed BUT we need the will to invest more on this technology and actually use them in our military so that we do not depend on the American or Israeli ones.

Chahphotos liked this post
doukali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2019, 07:59 PM   #25
Chahphotos

A twin-barreled 23mm gun locally upgraded to be remotely controlled and fitted with a heat vision system.

Last edited by Chahphotos; December 25th, 2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old December 26th, 2019, 06:17 PM   #26
Tetouan Instruments
former The Tangiers

Likes (Received): 618

Quote:
A twin-barreled 23mm gun locally upgraded to be remotely controlled and fitted with a heat vision system.

Morocco should upgrade all there Shilkas with westrn tech and Iglas/Stinger and add short range radar !

Last edited by Tetouan Instruments; December 26th, 2019 at 06:23 PM.
Tetouan Instruments no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2020, 03:20 PM   #27
Herms

Likes (Received): 1550

Une info qui date un peu mais il semblerait qu'il y a une volonté d'acquérir un sous-marin de seconde main à moyen terme.
Quote:
"Le Maroc en train d'acheter des sous-marins" (ministre portugais)

Le Maroc est-il en train d’acquérir des sous-marins ? Après l’Espagne, cette fois-ci c’est du Portugal qu’une source officielle l’affirme. A prendre avec prudence.

Au final, ces déclarations et informations viennent confirmer que le Maroc s’intéresse à de futures capacités sous-marines et qu’il est en train de concevoir sa propre doctrine dans ce domaine. Mais rien n’indique une acquisition immédiate, sauf surprise. Un expert militaire déclarait récemment à Médias24 qu’il n’y aura pas, selon lui, d’achat de sous-marins par le Maroc avant 2022.
https://www.medias24.com/le-maroc-en...gais-3514.html

Herms no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2020, 03:34 PM   #28
Chahphotos

I have read somewhere that Moroccan crews have already been dispatched to Greece and Portugal to train on their German made Subs.
Old January 2nd, 2020, 08:29 PM   #29
Tetouan Instruments
former The Tangiers

Just in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morocco is in negotiation with Navantia for two Ocean Patrouillers !!!!!!!!!!!!

Google is your friend !

;
Old January 31st, 2020, 07:12 PM   #30
eurowinter

Likes (Received): 28

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...48m-arms-deal/

Morocco this week received three Israeli reconnaissance drones as part of $48 million arms deal, French website Intelligence Online reported.
eurowinter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2020, 12:29 PM   #31
Chahphotos

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurowinter View Post
https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...48m-arms-deal/

Morocco this week received three Israeli reconnaissance drones as part of $48 million arms deal, French website Intelligence Online reported.
Fake news. The drones were bought six years ago used from France. The timing of circulating this rumour is suspicious.

Stardust.Y, Kingrotra liked this post
Old February 1st, 2020, 04:39 PM   #32
Tetouan Instruments
former The Tangiers

Quote:
Fake news. The drones were bought six years ago used from France. The timing of circulating this rumour is suspicious.
I think it correlate with this news under

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showp...postcount=2643

Advertisement