COLOGNE - RheinEnergieStadion (49,968) - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 6th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #21
skaP187

Likes (Received): 647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
Probably my favorite stadium of the 06 world cup. Very nice interior and exterior. I just wish they didn't have a standing area. Why is this still so common in Germany?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Geez, a standing area. They should put seats there ASAP!
You guys never go watch I game I presume, but okay. Personaly I can´t sit and just watch a game.
skaP187 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 6th, 2010, 09:08 PM   #22
metros11

Likes (Received): 5

This is great stadium. Here are some pics from during the World Cup.

metros11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 10:35 PM   #23
christoph

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Probably my favorite stadium of the 06 world cup. Very nice interior and exterior. I just wish they didn't have a standing area. Why is this still so common in Germany?
NO SEATS PLZ!
It's so common because it generates a great atmosphere (just look at Dortmund's stadium) and it allows cheap entrance fees. In Germany(almost) all stadiums have a standing area. Generally, they can be transformed into all seaters (UEFA regulations)
christoph no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 7th, 2010, 03:29 AM   #24
kuquito
Brujo Nato

Likes (Received): 201

impressive
too bad the upper terraces are not closed
Old April 7th, 2010, 12:55 PM   #25
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 1465

One of my favourite stadiums in Germany. A true football stadium!
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #26
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 26594

Quote:
Originally Posted by christoph View Post
NO SEATS PLZ!
It's so common because it generates a great atmosphere (just look at Dortmund's stadium) and it allows cheap entrance fees. In Germany(almost) all stadiums have a standing area. Generally, they can be transformed into all seaters (UEFA regulations)
Well, I've been only football matches not so many times, and always in suites/club seats. Even cheaper seating areas are threatening for a regular person, let alone a standing area... So I hope authorities get rid of seating areas on ground of safety and stadium owners support is a matter of catering for a broad audience who care about the whole experience, not only shouting like crazy for a team. Like they do in US, where families, children, corporate execs all can go to NFL matches, and they have even fancy suites mostly unheard off (in terms of luxury) here in Europe.
Old April 8th, 2010, 03:35 PM   #27
GEwinnen
Rekordvizemeister

Likes (Received): 2995

This stadium has a long history. The first stadium was built in 1923 (74,000)

The next one was opened in 1975:

old and new:

btw, the Rhein Energie Stadion reminds me to the old Westfalenstadion in the shape of 1974:

Last edited by GEwinnen; April 8th, 2010 at 03:42 PM.
GEwinnen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 02:37 AM   #28
Zorba
Stadium Fan

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaP187 View Post
You guys never go watch I game I presume, but okay. Personaly I can´t sit and just watch a game.
I go to games for a team whose fans are much more well known, and fanatic than Koln's, and I do so in supporter group sections where we are standing up. My problem is that it just looks very ugly. Especially since the rest of the stadium is so beautiful. They can just put seats, and people can stand on them. Simply for aesthetic reasons stadiums should be seated...
No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.--Nelson Mandela
Zorba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #29
bigbossman

Quote:
I go to games for a team whose fans are much more well known, and fanatic than Koln's, and I do so in supporter group sections where we are standing up. My problem is that it just looks very ugly. Especially since the rest of the stadium is so beautiful. They can just put seats, and people can stand on them. Simply for aesthetic reasons stadiums should be seated...

1. Standing on seats is far more dangerous than just standing
2. You can fit double the amount of people on a terrace at least, meaning people can be closer to the action and stadiums can be smaller in terms of footprint.
3. Who cares if it isn't up to your tastes, a. it doesn't matter and b. there are many people who like the way that terraces look... c. all it needs is a lick of paint
bigbossman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 09:17 PM   #30
Zorba
Stadium Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post

3. Who cares if it isn't up to your tastes, a. it doesn't matter and b. there are many people who like the way that terraces look... c. all it needs is a lick of paint
Personally I thought the point of an open forum was for people to express their views on various issues, in this case stadiums. You like it , I don't, we discuss the issue.
There are many people who like the way it looks, others don't.....its an open discussion.... get it now?
No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.--Nelson Mandela
Old April 9th, 2010, 11:52 PM   #31
bigbossman

No what is being discussed are the technical merits of terracing and you are bringing in the aesthetical merits which don't matter, get it now?
bigbossman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 12:25 PM   #32
Patrick
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪

Likes (Received): 1123

yes, painting could help. three examples:

Offenbach

Darmstadt

München

but in this case, only one color'd be better, simply red without any white stripes. unfortunately nobody thinks about that here.

Last edited by Patrick; April 10th, 2010 at 07:37 PM.
Patrick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #33
Zorba
Stadium Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
No what is being discussed are the technical merits of terracing and you are bringing in the aesthetical merits which don't matter, get it now?
The stadium in general is being discussed. It's an open forum, and if you can find me a thread where the aesthetics of any stadium aren't discussed at all then I'd be surprised.
Again, it's an open discussion about a stadium, people post their opinions on it, regardless of the aspects. If you don't care, don't respond, get it now?
Anyways, it's not worth continuing such a meaningless discussion. More talk about the stadium please!

Last edited by Zorba; April 11th, 2010 at 01:53 AM.
Old August 20th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #34
Aztattooedsean

For anyone that goes to this stadium regularly, do you know which sections are reserved for the away team's supporters?
Aztattooedsean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #35
Aztattooedsean

For anyone that goes to this stadium regularly, do you know which sections are reserved for the away team's supporters?

Doh, double post. darn computer.
Old August 20th, 2010, 08:59 PM   #36
Rev Stickleback

Likes (Received): 2770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztattooedsean View Post
See the big pic in post 17 - the away fans are the guys in blue at the far end. I think they sometimes get some seats in the block next to that section as well.
Rev Stickleback no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:06 AM   #37
Aztattooedsean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Stickleback View Post
See the big pic in post 17 - the away fans are the guys in blue at the far end. I think they sometimes get some seats in the block next to that section as well.

thank you!
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:22 AM   #38
Alx-D
Arch Duke of Canada

Terraces may not look good when the stadium is empty, but when it is full they look fantastic.
Alx-D no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 06:04 AM   #39
Bobby3

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Well, I've been only football matches not so many times, and always in suites/club seats. Even cheaper seating areas are threatening for a regular person, let alone a standing area... So I hope authorities get rid of seating areas on ground of safety and stadium owners support is a matter of catering for a broad audience who care about the whole experience, not only shouting like crazy for a team. Like they do in US, where families, children, corporate execs all can go to NFL matches, and they have even fancy suites mostly unheard off (in terms of luxury) here in Europe.
You'll find that a lot of Americans detest the growth of corporate seating in stadiums at the expense of general admission areas.
Bobby3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 11:56 PM   #40
Benn

Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
Well, I've been only football matches not so many times, and always in suites/club seats. Even cheaper seating areas are threatening for a regular person, let alone a https://www.skyscrapercity.com/newrep...766933standing area... So I hope authorities get rid of seating areas on ground of safety and stadium owners support is a matter of catering for a broad audience who care about the whole experience, not only shouting like crazy for a team. Like they do in US, where families, children, corporate execs all can go to NFL matches, and they have even fancy suites mostly unheard off (in terms of luxury) here in Europe.
I am pretty sure "cheaper seating" areas are for REGULAR PEOPLE. As in those 90% that can't afford suites/club seats on any sort of basis.

And speaking as an American I would absolutely love some standing terrace areas in football stadiums around. Tickets are getting to expensive and crowds have been getting less intense in the NFL for a few years now. If the Vikings could put in a standing room terrace in one end with tickets in the $35-40 range they would be one of the hottest tickets in town.
Benn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cologne