SAN FRANCISCO - Oracle Park (41,915) - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 2nd, 2011, 05:31 AM   #41
KingmanIII
Registered User
 
KingmanIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Killa City, Misery
Posts: 2,706
Likes (Received): 472

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrakbaseball View Post
Love that asymmetry. This is a gorgeous asymmetric ballpark. It's asymmetrical without being contrived and quirky to the point of nausea. Basically one of HOK's last decent projects.
PNC, Petco and Target all disagree...
KingmanIII no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old July 2nd, 2011, 06:37 AM   #42
Benn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 1,798
Likes (Received): 240

Yup, I'd agree with all of those and I am partial to Citizen's Bank park in Philly even if the bowl is a little too split up for my tastes , I love that they actually went for an angular bowl though.
Benn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 03:48 AM   #43
mrakbaseball
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,542
Likes (Received): 776

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingmanIII View Post
PNC, Petco and Target all disagree...
I like PNC, but PETCO and Target, especially PETCO are a little over the top for my tastes. PETCO could have been something special. San Diego has great weather, the best in the major leagues, it's in a nice location. But it's as quirky and contrived as any park in baseball. The wierd towers, the gaps in the second deck. Target seems nice but I'm not a fan of the tacky overhang in RF, the colors are bland, and I'm not into the split-upper deck feature.
mrakbaseball no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old July 3rd, 2011, 05:05 PM   #44
GaForce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 96
Likes (Received): 9

I like Target simply because the designers made the most out of the little space they had to work with. Although some of the outfield seating views are obstructed, you could argue the same for just about any new stadium or ballpark built within the last 20 years. As for PETCO, I believe they tried a little too hard with the towers. A simple 3 tiered design with no gaps would've been just fine. The location can't be beat. Back to AT&T, the thing I appreciate most about this place is the same thing I like about Target...Small footprint, natural quirkiness, and the view is the best of any in baseball
GaForce no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 08:24 PM   #45
KingmanIII
Registered User
 
KingmanIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Killa City, Misery
Posts: 2,706
Likes (Received): 472

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrakbaseball View Post
I like PNC, but PETCO and Target, especially PETCO are a little over the top for my tastes. PETCO could have been something special. San Diego has great weather, the best in the major leagues, it's in a nice location. But it's as quirky and contrived as any park in baseball. The wierd towers, the gaps in the second deck. Target seems nice but I'm not a fan of the tacky overhang in RF, the colors are bland, and I'm not into the split-upper deck feature.
I understand where you're coming from concerning the loft towers at Petco but they only obstruct the views a scant few seats so they don't really bother me all that much. The split upper deck at Target doesn't bother me at all like it does at NYS. I also like the fact that the two parks eschewed the red brick/green steel pseudo-retro schtick for something more contemporary and befitting of the cities in which they were built (all of the materials used in the construction of Target Field came from within the state of Minnesota, such as the kasota limestone featured prominently around the park).

If both places got rid of those stupid "notches" in RF I wouldn't have any problem with either.
KingmanIII no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 09:37 PM   #46
KingmanIII
Registered User
 
KingmanIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Killa City, Misery
Posts: 2,706
Likes (Received): 472

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaForce View Post
Back to AT&T, the thing I appreciate most about this place is the same thing I like about Target...Small footprint, natural quirkiness, and the view is the best of any in baseball


it might follow the retro trend but it's not nearly as gaudy or pretentious as most of the others
KingmanIII no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:45 PM   #47
Benn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 1,798
Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingmanIII View Post
I understand where you're coming from concerning the loft towers at Petco but they only obstruct the views a scant few seats so they don't really bother me all that much. The split upper deck at Target doesn't bother me at all like it does at NYS. I also like the fact that the two parks eschewed the red brick/green steel pseudo-retro schtick for something more contemporary and befitting of the cities in which they were built (all of the materials used in the construction of Target Field came from within the state of Minnesota, such as the kasota limestone featured prominently around the park).

If both places got rid of those stupid "notches" in RF I wouldn't have any problem with either.

We in Minnesota did however end up with kelly green seats, and for no good reason that I can tell other than they mesh with the ash-backed club seats better than blue (the dominant team color) would have. But that is probably my biggest gripe with the park (the right field overhang is a little annoying to I suppose, should have either cantilevered the whole thing with bleachers or just left it flush), so all in all pretty great.
Benn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2011, 01:11 PM   #48
Anubis2051
Captian Clutch
 
Anubis2051's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Princeton
Posts: 372
Likes (Received): 103

image hosted on flickr

ATT Park? by dinab, on Flickr
image hosted on flickr

ATT Park by Scott Hess, on Flickr
__________________

timo9, will101 liked this post
Anubis2051 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2011, 11:23 AM   #49
ManilaBoy45
Registered User
 
ManilaBoy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 798

Most Beautiful ballpark in the entire MLB... GO GIANTS!

Last edited by ManilaBoy45; September 23rd, 2011 at 05:07 AM.
ManilaBoy45 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 02:15 AM   #50
mrakbaseball
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,542
Likes (Received): 776

2012 Giants promotions

Giants haven't forgotten Bruce Lee

Some unusual promotions for the Giants. September 4, Kinda reminds me of that old episode of Seinfeld where George pitches "Jon Voight Day" for a Yankees promotion.
mrakbaseball no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 02:42 AM   #51
mrakbaseball
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,542
Likes (Received): 776

The capacity may be listed as 41,915 here, but this place can accomodate over 43,000 even with an auxiliary press area in the upper deck in LF.
mrakbaseball no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2012, 12:41 PM   #52
Darloeye
Registered User
 
Darloeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: County Durham, England
Posts: 1,824
Likes (Received): 84

Think its going to be full this week since the Giants are in the World Series
Darloeye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #53
ManilaBoy45
Registered User
 
ManilaBoy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darloeye View Post
Think its going to be full this week since the Giants are in the World Series
I think so, their up 3-0 against the Tigers and are going for a 4 game sweep on sunday night in the 2012 fall classic... GO GIANTS!
__________________
THE FILIPINO NATION DEMANDS JUSTICE FOR THE 44 FALLEN SAF TROOPERS
ManilaBoy45 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #54
Jim856796
Registered User
 
Jim856796's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Citizen of the World
Posts: 9,354
Likes (Received): 1034

In 2013, AT&T Park will become the third venue to host the final of the World Baseball Classic, after Petco Park (in 2006) and Dodger Stadium (in 2009).
__________________
I honestly think all development projects must be sustainable and futureproof.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:36 AM   #55
will101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: silicon valley or Salem
Posts: 5,498
Likes (Received): 3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
In 2013, AT&T Park will become the third venue to host the final of the World Baseball Classic, after Petco Park (in 2006) and Dodger Stadium (in 2009).
And there is a chance of rain for the final on Tuesday.
will101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:25 AM   #56
krudmonk
sucks
 
krudmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sannozay
Posts: 2,263
Likes (Received): 96

Hopefully it's held somewhere with people that care about baseball next time.
krudmonk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 06:23 AM   #57
westsidebomber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 212
Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Hopefully it's held somewhere with people that care about baseball next time.
westsidebomber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 08:07 PM   #58
Lumbergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,475
Likes (Received): 935

the only people that didn't show up to the WBC were the rich folks

[IMG]http://i47.************/a14pk7.jpg[/IMG]
http://newballpark.org/2013/03/18/wh...-dont-show-up/
__________________

will101 liked this post
Lumbergo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 10:04 PM   #59
will101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: silicon valley or Salem
Posts: 5,498
Likes (Received): 3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumbergo View Post
the only people that didn't show up to the WBC were the rich folks
It was cold, rainy, and the game started at 5 p.m. on a normal workday. It's hard for most to get to the Phone Booth in time for a game starting at seven. I'm surprised that there were that many in attendance.
will101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 10:06 PM   #60
will101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: silicon valley or Salem
Posts: 5,498
Likes (Received): 3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidebomber View Post
He's not joking. He really enjoys trolling, though.
will101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Tags
san francisco

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us