Gujarat Discussions Thread - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > West > West/Central India Projects > Gujarat

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old April 5th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #101
MYSTIC

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by up2009 View Post
Hope Mr. Modi survives this year election. Otherwise this project will have high risk. There may be anti incumbency factor in this election.
Other than the Godhra riots which was more than 10 years ago, the Congress has nothing against Modi. He has support many muslim constituencies as well.

He has provided all the basic infrastructure for industrial development i.e. power, land, roads and water. Time now to look into public healthcare, education and HR development. I think in the next 15 years Gujrat will be a developed state leaving other states well behind.
MYSTIC no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 5th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #102
reshapco

Although NaMo would once again win Gujarat Elections, but there is a chance he may get lesser seat than what he got earlier. It's not something his development is not been appreciated but its because of anti incumbency factor and his recent sadbhawna stage (becoming near to Muslim, which may oppress Extreme Hindus).
reshapco no está en línea  
Old April 5th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #103
up2009

Likes (Received): 34

There are some parameter that will go against Mr. Modi this time.

1) Biggest one is anti incumbency factor
2) Congress is out of power from more than decade. This time it seems they are getting united. Recent Mansa election win after 15 years has boosted Congress confidence significantly. Do or die for congress.
3) Over confidence of BJP.
4)BJP party workers are not happy. Their work are not getting done.
5) Infight with in BJP. BJP is in power from more than last 15 years. Some of the people's ambition has gone up significantly.
6) Media is against BJP. Every day there is headline of increasing criminal activity and corruption in state
7) Corruption is there in each and every level of government office
8) Over marketing of Mr. Modi

Some parameter in favour of Mr. Modi
1) No big size leader in congress.
2) Highly visionary leader.
3) Strong administrator
4) People has seen real development in state.

I see neck to neck fight in this election unless Modi brings up some new idea. Sadbhavna won't work.

My best wishes are with Modi and love to see GIFT getting done on time.
up2009 no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 5th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #104
UMANGSHUKLA
Umang Shukla

Likes (Received): 97

All the opposition needs to do is to raise the godhra carnage and aftermath again and again Congress shall be routed out of Gujarat. If they dare to talk about Godhra and aftermath, they are gone.
I see 150 + seats for BJP this time.
Old April 6th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #105
akku13

Likes (Received): 13

its because Of Mr narendra modi.. what Gujarat is in 2012.. if its not been him. it will a different gujarat. the gujarat it was in congress habnd. riots.. pollution.. no development.. lack of power and many such..

My vote is for Modi and BJP. I find ahmedabad better city to live in than in 2000.. its still peacful and good infrastructure.. great opportunity for jobs in every fields..

Ot in new beacuase all news channels get money from congress. and if a city like delhi register 100 crime in a day it common because it happen there every time that why it not on news but if ahmedabad register even one case of murder or rape or accident it all over news as ahmedabad or any other place in gujarat.. it not common..
akku13 no está en línea  
Old April 6th, 2012, 04:29 AM   #106
GJ10

Likes (Received): 665

Recently the Gujarat Congress and their media have been making a massive fuss over certain isolated and out of context "leaks" from the Comptroller and Auditor General report on Gujarat.

Thankfully the full reports are now available (link)

Things are not perfect, esp re GSPCL and the problems they encountered with oil expoloration in the KG basin, but nothing quite as "damning" or "slamming" as had been widely reported in media.

Seeing every negative mark for Gujarat has been put under a microscope over the last week, would be interesting to see the CAG report for the likes of Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu for the same time period to see a side-by side comparison, especially related to the performance of PSUs.

Govt of Gujarat has been thoroughly flogged for not acheiving 100% perfection (which is unrealistic anyway), wonder how perfect the scenario is the main rival states for Gujarat?
GJ10 no está en línea  
Old April 6th, 2012, 05:16 AM   #107
aks_sky
~AkZ~

Likes (Received): 374

There is always that hype that builds up over a while that Gujarat is doing good in this and that, which is true but they are not at 100% yet and they are on their way to achieving a 100%. Some people just expect everything to be apples but when reports like these come out and media adds their 2 cents it becomes a massive issue. So even if the reports come out for other states it wouldn't affect you in a way that the Gujarat report does. I doubt media would give it such attention and use terms such as bimaru and what not.

But again thinking about it I would def love to see some more reports on other states of India and see how their PSU's performed and if they can match the amount of turnover the Guj Psu's made in recent times (with the exception of a few ofcourse).
aks_sky no está en línea  
Old April 6th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #108
MYSTIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by purty_trash View Post

Well! Even I find that very, very hard to believe. (I'm not doubting you, I'm just dazed out of my shoes)
Even my native village in remote area of Kutch get nearly 24 hours electricity.
MYSTIC no está en línea  
Old April 6th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #109
purty_trash
Bawla bhoot

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSTIC View Post
That's it! I'm going to Gujarat and vote for Modi, whether Gujjus do or don't. Seriously, don't you feel awfully blessed. My town is hardly 1 hour away from Delhi and I get 10 hours of...electricity cuts!!
purty_trash no está en línea  
Old April 6th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #110
tryindiffdrugsngirls

Likes (Received): 420

yeah dude where else do you see a city rise from nothing. Vote for Modi hehe
tryindiffdrugsngirls no está en línea  
Old April 7th, 2012, 05:34 AM   #111
gandhi.rushabh1992
amdavad meri jaan

Likes (Received): 11793

A rare positive article about Modi from TOI

Article

It seems US's move of not granting visa to Modi has backfired on themselves . Now they are scrambling to get in his good books. Modi should dangle the carrot for a bit longer, make sure the Americans see how much Japan and other eastern countries gained from DMIC and other megaprojects.

Uttaram Yat Samudrasya Himadreschaiva Dakshinam | Varsham Tad Bharatam Nama Bharati Yatra Santatih ||

The country that lies north of the ocean and south of the snowy mountains is called Bhārata. There dwell the descendants of Bharata.

-- Vishnu Purana, II, 3.1 (Vedic Period, 800-300 BCE)
gandhi.rushabh1992 no está en línea  
Old April 7th, 2012, 06:03 AM   #112
Mohit_King
Open Sourced

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
That's it! I'm going to Gujarat and vote for Modi, whether Gujjus do or don't. Seriously, don't you feel awfully blessed. My town is hardly 1 hour away from Delhi and I get 10 hours of...electricity cuts!!
+1...even i m cming wid u.....my place is 1 hr from mumbai and i get 4 hrs of load shedding everyday.....
Old April 7th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #113
harendrain

Quote:
I have been regularly visiting remote villages of Kutchh, right upto white Rann of Kutchh & have noticed that these villages continue to get uninterrupted power supply. Occasional high desert winds creates momentary trippings in remote areas but the Power is restored with in minutes.
I was surprised during recent visit to Gurgaon, looking at visibly enormous development of Real Estate & touted to be 21st century city that Power continued to trip repeatedly lasting sometime for hours.
harendrain no está en línea  
Old April 7th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #114
OldKool
Muaah!

Likes (Received): 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSTIC View Post
My aunty lives in Gujarat and she says that Gujarat has 100% electricity for 100% villages and towns....is that true??While there is a 4-20 hrs load shedding in every city of UP
OldKool no está en línea  
Old April 7th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #115
gandhi.rushabh1992
amdavad meri jaan

Looks like we are going to need a special thread for "Gujarat Power Sector Praising"

Uttaram Yat Samudrasya Himadreschaiva Dakshinam | Varsham Tad Bharatam Nama Bharati Yatra Santatih ||

The country that lies north of the ocean and south of the snowy mountains is called Bhārata. There dwell the descendants of Bharata.

Old April 7th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #116
gandhi.rushabh1992
amdavad meri jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by harendrain View Post
I have been regularly visiting remote villages of Kutchh, right upto white Rann of Kutchh & have noticed that these villages continue to get uninterrupted power supply. Occasional high desert winds creates momentary trippings in remote areas but the Power is restored with in minutes.
I was surprised during recent visit to Gurgaon, looking at visibly enormous development of Real Estate & touted to be 21st century city that Power continued to trip repeatedly lasting sometime for hours.
Power is the backbone of every development, without power, development is just an empty shell.

Old April 7th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #117
akku13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandhi.rushabh1992 View Post
Looks like we are going to need a special thread for "Gujarat Power Sector Praising"
i am living in Ahmedabad for over 9 years. haven't seen any power cut.. they have to put notice in paper and local news and that too happened just 1one in 9 years and 2006 when Ahmedabad floods happened there was no power cut.. because all lines are underground.. and that is the reason Gujarat is developing.. it already increasing its power sources and will sell to other states now and when Gujarat need more power in 2020 they will stop supplying to other states..
akku13 no está en línea  
Old April 7th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #118
akku13

Quote:
BJP or modi ka hai bol bala.. congress ka muh kala.. congress ne keval baatein kar kar ke desh ko dubaya.. modi ne pure josh mein gujarat ko aage bhadhaya.

my vote for modi..

Modi di ho gaye Balle balee te Congress wale thale thale...
akku13 no está en línea  
Old April 8th, 2012, 05:18 AM   #119
purty_trash
Bawla bhoot

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by akku13 View Post
BJP or modi ka hai bol bala.. congress ka muh kala.. congress ne keval baatein kar kar ke desh ko dubaya.. modi ne pure josh mein gujarat ko aage bhadhaya.

my vote for modi..

Modi di ho gaye Balle balee te Congress wale thale thale...
If I ever form a political party, you'll be my Official Lyricist.
purty_trash no está en línea  
Old April 8th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #120
Student4life

Likes (Received): 43

I live in the heart of Chennai and I have to deal with a 2 hour power cut every day And in the rural areas of TN , I hear there are 12-hour power-cuts !

All the newspapers in TN keep referring to the success of Gujarat while criticizing
the electricity crisis here .
Student4life no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread