NEW ORLEANS - Mercedes-Benz Superdome (73,208) - Page 22 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 9th, 2019, 05:22 PM   #421
SoCal Alan

Likes (Received): 88

THANK YOU NEW ORLEANS!!!

Just got back last night from New Orleans. We've been to several road trips (DC, Minneapolis, Lambeau, LA Coliseum, StubHub). Finally, our first trip to New Orleans. Great town, great food, great people, but the star of the show was the Superdome. It beats all other venues we've visited. Such an impressive facility. Great environment to watch the game. My kids and I all agree that the New Orleans trip was the funnest so far. The stadium was the loudest stadium we've been a part of. Constant noise, not just for the 3rd down when the visiting team was on offense, but all downs.

I thought Levi's Stadium this season was loud, but the Superdome was at an entirely different level.

Chevy114, Tered, EPA001, will101 liked this post
SoCal Alan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 13th, 2019, 05:34 AM   #422
will101

Likes (Received): 3188

Here's a shot from the game, now known as the highest scoring game between two 10-win teams in NFL history. The game is "only" 35-30 at this point. 73,038 tickets distributed.

https://twitter.com/MzS0Fi_V/status/1204532708350681089

nx_2000, Chevy114, EPA001 liked this post
will101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2020, 01:33 AM   #423
will101

Likes (Received): 3188

The calm before the storm, tweeted by Nicole Auerbach of The Athletic. The winner will be the 150th college football national champion, by their reckoning.

https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/s...39383074115587

Tered, Chevy114, EPA001, aquamaroon, endrity liked this post
will101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 14th, 2020, 09:25 AM   #424
Bigmac1212
Time for go to bed!

Likes (Received): 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by will101 View Post
Geaux Tigers! (Even though I rooted for Clemson.

James 1:22 (KJV)
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Chevy114, EPA001, aquamaroon liked this post
Bigmac1212 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2020, 09:49 AM   #425
ElvisBC

Likes (Received): 546

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Alan View Post
Just got back last night from New Orleans. We've been to several road trips (DC, Minneapolis, Lambeau, LA Coliseum, StubHub). Finally, our first trip to New Orleans. Great town, great food, great people, but the star of the show was the Superdome. It beats all other venues we've visited. Such an impressive facility. Great environment to watch the game. My kids and I all agree that the New Orleans trip was the funnest so far. The stadium was the loudest stadium we've been a part of. Constant noise, not just for the 3rd down when the visiting team was on offense, but all downs.

I thought Levi's Stadium this season was loud, but the Superdome was at an entirely different level.
it is closed dome, older one, therefore smaller than modern venues, it must be louder as well.

but it is not that good as you write, due to its size upper tiers are hanging over lower ones, that involves significant viewing obstructions, not to the field itself but from rear rows in both lower and middle tier you can see the field only, hardly anything above, so it is a bit claustrophobic seating space is tight as well, no cup holders etc... it is more than cool venue, but it is by far not the best one! but yes, it is legendary spot, new orleans is cool city, weather is fine and that's why it gets all those big events. we just had one last night!

I would keep it, for sake of good old times, but I am afraid it won't stand too long
ElvisBC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2020, 04:18 AM   #426
Tered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisBC View Post
it is closed dome, older one, therefore smaller than modern venues, it must be louder as well.
I would keep it, for sake of good old times, but I am afraid it won't stand too long
Just in case you missed the news back in August -
$450 million Superdome upgrade plan will keep Saints in city for 30 years, governor says

Part of the new deal calls for $450 million in upgrades and renovations to the dome. The Saints have agreed to fund a third of the project costs, up to $150 million.

Full article - https://www.wwltv.com/article/sports...e-3d2580940b08

The Superdome ain't going anywhere and is an iconic part of the fabric that makes up New Orleans!

aquamaroon, endrity, Benn liked this post
Tered no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2020, 07:18 AM   #427
eurocup2016

Likes (Received): 119

This would be a a really nice looking stadium if they could get a lot more natural lighting in it. I hope the renovations plans have something to do with bringing more natural light possibly from the roof.
eurocup2016 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2020, 10:39 PM   #428
ElvisBC

Likes (Received): 546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tered View Post
Just in case you missed the news back in August -
$450 million Superdome upgrade plan will keep Saints in city for 30 years, governor says

Part of the new deal calls for $450 million in upgrades and renovations to the dome. The Saints have agreed to fund a third of the project costs, up to $150 million.

Full article - https://www.wwltv.com/article/sports...e-3d2580940b08

The Superdome ain't going anywhere and is an iconic part of the fabric that makes up New Orleans!
I was referring to its size and age, and in the first place to that guys comment about it being best NFL stadium he visited. I was there last year for the rams game (regular season shootout, not the famous playoff non-call thing) and I didn‘t really like much what I saw! I am also pretty sure major part of those renovations would go into sky boxes and all that big money corporate stuff, and not into improving general viewing experience that is definitely sub par in modern NFL world, but somehow it fits perfectly into the picture of new orleans and it definitely should stay! hope that deal gets done!

Tered liked this post
ElvisBC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2020, 04:35 PM   #429
SoCal Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisBC View Post
I was referring to its size and age, and in the first place to that guys comment about it being best NFL stadium he visited. I was there last year for the rams game (regular season shootout, not the famous playoff non-call thing) and I didn‘t really like much what I saw! I am also pretty sure major part of those renovations would go into sky boxes and all that big money corporate stuff, and not into improving general viewing experience that is definitely sub par in modern NFL world, but somehow it fits perfectly into the picture of new orleans and it definitely should stay! hope that deal gets done!
I was sitting in the lower level, 10 rows back, so I didn't get a chance to experience sitting in the higher sections.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191208_104723.jpg‎ (101.7 KB, 14 views)

will101 liked this post
Old January 16th, 2020, 05:55 PM   #430
Tered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Alan View Post
I was sitting in the lower level, 10 rows back, so I didn't get a chance to experience sitting in the higher sections.
Thanks for that photo. I now can see how the angle of the rake is compared to before it was redone. To be fair they did say that by adding rows it would also result in a shallower angle. My question to you is how was your view of the playing field from those seats?
Tered no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2020, 12:21 AM   #431
SoCal Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tered View Post
Thanks for that photo. I now can see how the angle of the rake is compared to before it was redone. To be fair they did say that by adding rows it would also result in a shallower angle. My question to you is how was your view of the playing field from those seats?
It was great. If I could figure out how to post pictures, I'll include my views from the games at Lambeau, Minneapolis, Levi Stadium, LA Coliseum, Stubhub, Fed Ex..
Old January 17th, 2020, 04:40 PM   #432
SoCal Alan

two minutes left.

my season tickets at Levi's

49ers v Rams earlier this season at the Coliseum

Clemson v Alabama 2019 College Football Championship

49ers v Rams last season at the Coliseum

49ers v Packers last season at Lambeau

49ers v Chargers last season at Stubhub

49ers v Vikings last season at US Bank Stadium

Can't find my FedEx pictures..

BTW, thanks to Tered for helping me to post pictures

EPA001, will101, aquamaroon, BigB1967 liked this post

Last edited by SoCal Alan; January 18th, 2020 at 05:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
louisiana, new orleans