GREEN BAY - Lambeau Field (81,435) - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 24th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #21
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 1034

Lambeau Field looks like a college football stadium than an NFL stadium. This stadium has bench seating, everyone else has individual chair seating.And the box structure (post-renovation) should have completely encircled the seating bowl instead of being on only three sides. The reason for Lambeau Field having bench seating is?

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.

Suburbanist liked this post
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 24th, 2010, 06:35 PM   #22
Benn

Likes (Received): 240

Tradition and capacity, going from benches to tip up seats would reduce the capacity to about 63,000-64,000 according to the team and the architects. And they would have little trouble selling 100,000 tickets for every game.

Also there is no need for more suites, 166 is plenty for the state of Wisconsin, club seating is adaquate as well. I for one prefer the horseshoe configuration of the suites, looked a little monotinous when they went all the way around before the last renovation.
Benn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 07:39 PM   #23
Archbishop

Likes (Received): 184

The area, tailgating, and inside of the stadium remind me of Notre Dame Stadium. I like it.
Archbishop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 25th, 2010, 09:11 PM   #24
brewerfan386

Likes (Received): 166

The type of turf used at Lambeau Field:
DD Grassmaster

Natural grass roots intertwine with the artificial grass fibers.

This new turf installed in the spring of 2007 been a boon for the Packers. Grounds keepers no longer have too replace the center of the field a couple of times a season. Also the field stays green much longer and doesn't freeze over. (This brand of turf is also used in Denver, Philadelphia and the Emirates)

Last edited by brewerfan386; June 25th, 2010 at 11:22 PM.
brewerfan386 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 09:29 PM   #25
GEwinnen
Rekordvizemeister

Likes (Received): 2995

I like it too. The area surrounding the stadium seems to be charming!
The extensions are very suitable!

The cap. is really 72,000 ? It looks quiet small fo this.
This (european) stadium with a similar size looks bigger:

image hosted on flickr

will101 liked this post
GEwinnen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 09:39 PM   #26
brewerfan386

That's because Lambeau is all bleacher style seating in one continuous seating bowl with boxes on top. Unlike Estadio Santiago Bernabéu, which has individual seats on many different levels with suites/ clubs mostly on one side.

Last edited by brewerfan386; June 25th, 2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:51 AM   #27
BoulderGrad

Likes (Received): 2349

Take a look at the two in the sattelite view from the same level. Lambeau's seating bowl is a lot wider than it looks:

Lambeau:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=&ie=U...h&z=18&iwloc=A

Estadio Bernabeu:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...06968&t=h&z=18
Old July 4th, 2010, 01:02 AM   #28
brewerfan386

View of the press box
image hosted on flickr

(courtesy of "althocks". link)

will101 liked this post
Old July 4th, 2010, 01:46 AM   #29
brewerfan386

Seating Chart

will101 liked this post
Old July 4th, 2010, 11:27 AM   #30
brewerfan386

Happy 4th of July!
Old July 19th, 2010, 02:02 AM   #31
Jim856796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn View Post
Tradition and capacity, going from benches to tip up seats would reduce the capacity to about 63,000-64,000 according to the team and the architects. And they would have little trouble selling 100,000 tickets for every game.

Also there is no need for more suites, 166 is plenty for the state of Wisconsin, club seating is adaquate as well. I for one prefer the horseshoe configuration of the suites, looked a little monotinous when they went all the way around before the last renovation.
I don't care about that. The luxury box levels are to be made into a complete ring, which would increase the capacity to over 80,000 (the scoreboard would have to be raised, though) and all the benches would have to be replaced with chairback seating. There's gonna have to be a need for more luxury boxes to achieve the full, complete, outright buildout. Chairback seats help to reduce overcrowding in stadiums. If you want to sell more tickets, you'll have to do either one of those jobs. Sorry.

Old July 19th, 2010, 05:03 AM   #32
Benn

You're not going to get 8,000 more seats by filing in three suite levels around that end, maybe 2,000-3,000, and they wouldn't sell all of them. They are talking about adding 7,000-8,000 new bench type seats in the open end by extending the bowl back another 16 or so rows.

They will never replace the bench seating with tip up seating for the reasons mentioned above whether anyone likes it or not, just like Germans will fit tooth and nail to keep their standing room only areas (and rightly so IMO).

Also adding in Suites or club seats that you are going to have a hard time selling is just economically stupid regardless of aesthetics. For most games its next to impossible to get regular tickets, but there usually a couple of open suites even with the current 166.

When the waiting list for general season tickets is 734 years, I would suggest that more general seating is prudent.
Old July 19th, 2010, 05:06 AM   #33
en1044
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
I don't care about that. The luxury box levels are to be made into a complete ring, which would increase the capacity to over 80,000 (the scoreboard would have to be raised, though) and all the benches would have to be replaced with chairback seating. There's gonna have to be a need for more luxury boxes to achieve the full, complete, outright buildout. Chairback seats help to reduce overcrowding in stadiums. If you want to sell more tickets, you'll have to do either one of those jobs. Sorry.
Jim, where do you get off talking to people like that? Why do you always feel so high and mighty?

Benn is right, you are wrong. Get over it.
Old July 19th, 2010, 08:36 AM   #34
motozine

Likes (Received): 2

i dont really like the design.
motozine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 05:58 PM   #35
KingmanIII

Likes (Received): 472

Quote:
Originally Posted by motozine View Post
i dont really like the design.
Okay...
KingmanIII no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #36
Jim856796

Quote:
Originally Posted by en1044 View Post
Jim, where do you get off talking to people like that? Why do you always feel so high and mighty?

Benn is right, you are wrong. Get over it.
Just another user who has to be an absolute meanie. Excuse me for thinking Lambeau Field is not at buildout mode ust because the ring os luxury suites are left unfinished? If this stadium were built in Milwaukee, we wouldn't have this problem. Why am I always prone to conflicts here?

And I actually meant "eventually'.

Last edited by Jim856796; July 19th, 2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old July 19th, 2010, 09:54 PM   #37
Benn

Everyone has there opinions on aesthetics, most Packers fans I know like the open end (me as well, much as I hate the Packers). There is a cultural disposition towards horseshoe layouts in this country, just like elliptical layouts in South America or four separate stands in the UK.

What they should have done (and probably would have if the money had been there) is go to 90,000 or so seats when they enlarged the bowl with the suites/indoor clubs in their current layout.

And FYI the location of it within the state of Wisconsin would have little effect on the demands for VIP seating, many of the suites are used by Milwaukee area residents anyway. Its the states team and draws from all over it. American Football is a once a week sport, and any fan is willing to make the drive across the state (or a few) for a game.
Old July 19th, 2010, 11:52 PM   #38
en1044
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 215

Quote:
Why am I always prone to conflicts here?
Its your tone. You tend to come off as a pompous ass a lot of the time. You act as if your word should be final, and you rarely listen to other people. Tone it down a few notches, and you'll see people will be much friendlier to you.
Old July 21st, 2010, 03:48 AM   #39
bd popeye

Likes (Received): 20363

Quote:
First off..I'm not a Packer fan but a NFL fan so I shall provide this information below.

According to the Packers own website season tickets gave been sold out for since 1960..that 50 years.

Quote:
http://www.packers.com/tickets/season-tickets.html

Lambeau Field has been sold out on a season ticket basis since 1960 and we've been accumulating names on our legendary season ticket waiting list ever since. To add a name to the list for stadium bowl seats, please send a written request and include your name, address, phone number and the number of tickets requested (limit four) to:

Packers Ticket Office
P.O. Box 10628
Green Bay, WI 54307-0628

Separate lists are maintained for Club Seats and Private Suites. Please express your interest in obtaining premium seats to:

Packers Premium Seating
P.O. Box 10628
Green Bay, WI 54307-0628
The Green Bay Packers have more fans waiting to get season tickets than seats in the stadiums. According to wiki the season ticket wait is 30 years.

Quote:
The Packers' fan base is famously dedicated: regardless of the team's performance, every Packers game at Lambeau Field has been sold out since 1960. Despite the Packers having by far the smallest local TV market, the Packers have developed one of the largest fan bases in the NFL. Each year they consistently rank as one of the top teams in terms of popularity. The Packers have one of the longest waiting lists for season tickets in professional sports with about 74,000 people as of May 3, 2007. In 2008 the list grew by more than 4,000 names. There are now more names on the waiting list than there are seats at Lambeau Field. The average wait time for season tickets is said to be over 30 years; yet if a name were to be added to the list today, the estimated wait could extend well over 100 years. For this reason, it is not unusual for fans to designate a recipient of their season tickets in their wills or place newborn infants on the waiting list after receiving birth certificates
bd popeye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #40
Enio125

Likes (Received): 2

I feel like this is one of the few stadiums in the NFL that could have a 150,000 capacity at it still would be full every Sunday.
The size of a market doesn't make teams successful, the passion of the fans does and Green Bay is a great example of that.
Enio125 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
green bay, lambeau field, packers, wisconsin