GLASGOW - Ibrox Park (51,082) - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 15th, 2005, 11:05 PM   #21
MoreOrLess

Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam-Manchester
So would this expansion just be for the old firm games? It does seem very strange that Rangers would consider an expansion on this scale. You could understand 5000, but an expansion of 30,000 seems ridiculous to me, particularly with the current financial state at Ibrox. To think that an 80,000 capacity stadium would be filled for a game at home to Motherwell or the other minnows of Scottish football is pretty laughable.
Hard to say how many tickets they'd sell verus the minnows, I wouldnt have guessed they pull in near sellouts for most non old firm games at the moment but they do. That 80,000 would sellout often does seem unlikely however without details of the cost of an extension its impossible to know whether it would need to or not. The other possibility I suppose is that their still interested in joining the prem somehow with Celtic with I'd guess would do massive business for them both.
MoreOrLess no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 16th, 2005, 10:52 PM   #22
bubomb

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubomb
Rangers averaged 48.676 last year, so taking into account segregation and away fans not selling their tickets, it's sold out for 95% of games.

The expansion will involve digging the pitch down, moving the pitch closer to the main stand and adding just over 2500 seats for a capacity of 53000.

The boxes in the Govan stand will also be replaced with a giant lounge which will include a huge bar, payable by smartcard so that fans don't drink too much. (the smartcard limits the number of drinks).

Along with other upgrades, it will cost about 10 million. Work starts next summer.

Did nobody see my post???

The above is exactly what is happening. My father has seen the plans as he works for a construction firm. Third tiers will never be added to the 3 stands as they are goalpost structures and it would cost more to add a third tier and new roof than it would to knock down the stands and start again. The same goes for the corners. Those screens are there for a reason, and that is to hide the massive columns that hold the roof up. Take the columns away for seats at the corners, and the roof would collapse.

The extension if for a 53000 capacity, 80000 is made up nonsense.
bubomb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2005, 04:09 AM   #23
Iain1974

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Did nobody see my post???

The above is exactly what is happening. My father has seen the plans as he works for a construction firm. Third tiers will never be added to the 3 stands as they are goalpost structures and it would cost more to add a third tier and new roof than it would to knock down the stands and start again. The same goes for the corners. Those screens are there for a reason, and that is to hide the massive columns that hold the roof up. Take the columns away for seats at the corners, and the roof would collapse.

The extension if for a 53000 capacity, 80000 is made up nonsense.
80,000 does seem a bit unlikely. But isn't digging the pitch up a lot of effort for an extra 3,000 seats?
Iain1974 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 17th, 2005, 10:11 AM   #24
gorgu
Craaaaaazy Mutha F^cka

Likes (Received): 49

3000 seat paying 30 quid a game forty odd games a season gives a grand total of 3.6 Million, seams like a pretty good investment to me!
gorgu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2005, 02:35 PM   #25
Crocoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgu
3000 seat paying 30 quid a game forty odd games a season gives a grand total of 3.6 Million, seams like a pretty good investment to me!
In the SPL, a team will play a maximum of 19 home games and a match ticket is no more than £25 for these games. So around £1.4 million extra revenue domestically. Obviously if Rangers go on a run in Europe then a few more sell-outs would happen and the club will charge maybe £30-£35 a ticket and get some extra income.

I think a relatively small expansion of a few thousand, as you suggest, is a good idea.

80,000 is pure fantasy BTW. No demand in Scotland and practically impossible given the way Ibrox has been constructed.

BTW, where will the extra 3000 seats be built. Any artists impressions.

Cheers
Crocoman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2005, 05:32 PM   #26
The Boy David

Likes (Received): 1295

I suppose by adding in extra seats you free up more space to put in what really makes the money on Match-Day: the executive boxes and facilities that surround them.

Good to see Ibrox is expanding - a fine stadium like that deserves a higher capacity than it has at present.

>Quite incredible really: Glasgow will have 3 stadiums with capacities over 50,000 - Celtic Park (60,832), Ibrox (53,000) and Hampden Park (52,000). (Not forgetting Fir Hill, Partick Thistle's ground at 12,000 of course )

Fairly impressive, no?
The Boy David no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2006, 03:15 AM   #27
Socrates

(FOOTBALL) Glasgow, UK, Rangers FC - Expansion of Ibrox stadium.

TO add to the much rumoured expansion plans for Ibrox (which seem to appear in every other thread in here), the early editions of the Daily Record (albeit a Scottish tabloid) have reported that an extra 700 seats are to be added at the end of the current season.

They are to be installed at the between the Govan Front and Rear sections, increasing the overhang of the top tier (Govan Rear). They are to be premium season ticket seats costing £900 per annum, which includes access to a new hospitality area serving alcohol - Bar 72 or some such like.

My initial response is a positive one. Improved aesthetics, great view, increased turnover for the club. And hopefully more to come.

_____
Now, there will be additions to this story in the coming days, weeks and months, so i thought I'd start a thread on it. Please note this thread is for talk about the current state and future expansion of this stadium - it is NOT for general football discussion and arguement regarding the potential success of Rangers and/or Celtic in the English Premier League.

Last edited by Socrates; April 8th, 2006 at 10:04 PM.
Socrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2006, 03:22 AM   #28
The_Hoops

I think that guy Bubomb must know poeple at Rangers -

March 22nd -

Quote:
The plan seems to have changed!! In the summer the executive boxes will be removed from the Govan stand and replaced with rows of seats. The area behind the front of the ex-boxes will be turned into a massive bar style thing. The next summer the pitch will be lowered and and moved slightly towards the Govan Stand, thus allowing 3 of the 4 stands to have extra rows put in. The Govan Stand would not have extra rows put in, and instead would have the first row of seats above pitch level. The reason they can't lower the pitch and add seats to all 4 stands is because the view from the back of the main stand would not allow you to see all of the pitch. If lowered, the pitch has to moved towards the Govan stand. Final capacity should be 54000, although I think it will be more like 53000.

Govan Stand -

What it will be like -

With Paul Le Guen as manager and lot's of big name Frenchies on they way, Ibrox is simply too small for Rangers. About 60000 would be a sensible size for both clubs (and is the size of the present Bru Camp)
although he got the area of the new seats wrong.
The_Hoops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2006, 03:27 AM   #29
Socrates

Actually 'that bubomb guy' (you) got that information from the Rangers website - you provided me with a link to it in another thread - remember?

BUT it is slightly different to what it said on the site (and in your post above) - it is not the exec boxes that are getting removed (just like I said in the other thread!) - but ia further three rows of seating are being added to the front of the top tier. The boxes are staying as they are (for now anyway).

EDIT: you edited that post didnt you!

Last edited by Socrates; May 6th, 2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old March 30th, 2006, 03:33 AM   #30
The_Hoops

This is how I think the plans will look-

Before -

After -

Old March 30th, 2006, 03:35 AM   #31
The_Hoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates
Actually 'that bubomb guy' (you) got that information from the Rangers website - you provided me with a link to it in another thread - remember?
No, as i'm not Bubomb!! What link did he give?
Old March 30th, 2006, 03:46 AM   #32
Socrates

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hoops
No, as i'm not Bubomb!! What link did he give?
In "his" post right after the one you quoted above, on March 23rd -

Quote:

I'm basing it on Rangers saying it is going to happen -

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/...~744556,00.html
Old March 30th, 2006, 03:56 AM   #33
The_Hoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates
In "his" post right after the one you quoted above, on March 23rd -
Oh yeah, I guess he doesn't know somebody!
Old March 30th, 2006, 10:37 AM   #34
mauritius gunner

God, you could really tell this is the Old Firm
mauritius gunner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2006, 12:11 PM   #35
Durbsboi
East Coast Massiv

Likes (Received): 189

So where is bubomb then?

Bucket Facebook Page
Durbsboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2006, 02:47 PM   #36
EADGBE
Resonation's what u need

Likes (Received): 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durbsboi
So where is bubomb then?
More to the point, where is 'The_Hoops'? I see a 'BANNED' sign by the avatar.

Also, Socrates: 'Nous sommes les gens'? My French is a little patchy but that sounds a little similar to 'We are the People' (and doesn't that work on two levels, BTW?) for my liking. Common denominator: Glasgow.

I realise that this theory would entail a discussion between the same person where 'one' queries and the 'other' denies multiple posting ID's.

It's like the plot of a dodgy crime novel!
EADGBE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #37
The Boy David

Likes (Received): 1295

It's a classic case of mediocre intelligence - Bum-bomb posts under the alias of The_Hoops - suggesting he is of course a Celtic supporter, and then continues to shag Rangers and Ibrox up the arse.

Not very clever.

I don't reckon Socrates is Bu-bonic-plague-bomb though, as he is far too level headed and reasonable.
The Boy David no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2006, 11:28 PM   #38
Socrates

Quote:
Originally Posted by EADGBE
More to the point, where is 'The_Hoops'? I see a 'BANNED' sign by the avatar.

Also, Socrates: 'Nous sommes les gens'? My French is a little patchy but that sounds a little similar to 'We are the People' (and doesn't that work on two levels, BTW?) for my liking. Common denominator: Glasgow.

I realise that this theory would entail a discussion between the same person where 'one' queries and the 'other' denies multiple posting ID's.

It's like the plot of a dodgy crime novel!
[IMG]http://i2.************/smun36.jpg[/IMG]
Old March 30th, 2006, 11:36 PM   #39
Quintana
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1803

Ah, Bubomb is back

again
Quintana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2006, 12:54 AM   #40
2zanzibar

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintana
Ah, Bubomb is back

again
oh well! if he is let him come back! he did have (or is that does?) a sense of humour. Though I felt his celtic alter ego - the hoops - wasn't quite as funny, the humour was even more obtuse than before, Bubomb wasn't as offensive as hoops though he was more argumentative. I'm sure people will disagree though.

Its quite funny that new members especially of whiskey drinking persuasions are getting frisked on every post for 'signs'
2zanzibar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
glasgow