ARLINGTON - AT&T Stadium (80,000) - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old April 10th, 2007, 09:48 PM   #101
oddstyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: DFW
Posts: 110
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by th0m View Post
Wow, didn't know it was this far along already. Should be an awesome stadium.
same here...i didnt even know it's being built........................c",)........
__________________
my youtube
http://youtube.com/user/oddstyle

lets get along people, cause the
aliens are comin'.....c",)............ CEBU is my TOWN!!!!!
oddstyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 11th, 2007, 03:57 AM   #102
rantanamo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 3,532
Likes (Received): 368



Looks like one more level of Suites and then the top tier of seats. Seems like the arches should start going up soon.
rantanamo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 11:10 PM   #103
th0m
oemoemenemoe
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Groningen
Posts: 1,496
Likes (Received): 1

Are the ground-level suites a novelty thing? I wonder how enjoyable it is to watch a game from the ground-level. I'd figure you have zero overview, or am I missing something here? I guess they expect everybody on the sideline to sit down...
__________________
"Yeah, well....that's just like...your opinion, man" - Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski

ORANJE

www.pbase.com/th0m for photo's
th0m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 12th, 2007, 12:35 AM   #104
EADGBE
Resonation's what u need
 
EADGBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North West England
Posts: 657
Likes (Received): 78

Unless they're there to cater specifically for the kind of corporate fan that doesn't actually watch any of the action, save for the odd glance at the TV screen in the box between schmoozing - because they'd be in the perfect place!
EADGBE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2007, 03:06 AM   #105
rantanamo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 3,532
Likes (Received): 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by EADGBE View Post
Unless they're there to cater specifically for the kind of corporate fan that doesn't actually watch any of the action, save for the odd glance at the TV screen in the box between schmoozing - because they'd be in the perfect place!
I think that's exactly what they're looking. The endzone field suites would be really cool though in goal line situations. Should also mention that in American football, the team and coaches on the sideline must stay between each 20.
rantanamo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:56 AM   #106
oddstyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: DFW
Posts: 110
Likes (Received): 0

update photos........anybody......?
I might have to ride to arlington this week.........heheheh
__________________
my youtube
http://youtube.com/user/oddstyle

lets get along people, cause the
aliens are comin'.....c",)............ CEBU is my TOWN!!!!!
oddstyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 02:35 AM   #107
rantanamo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 3,532
Likes (Received): 368

HD caps from local ABC affiliate WFAA





Close up of Rangers Ballpark(formerly Ameriquest Field and Ballpark in Arlington)
rantanamo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2007, 12:11 AM   #108
hoosier
Registered User
 
hoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,460
Likes (Received): 72

DAMN. This stadium has sprouted up quickly!!
hoosier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 02:04 AM   #109
rantanamo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 3,532
Likes (Received): 368



rantanamo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 01:21 AM   #110
th0m
oemoemenemoe
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Groningen
Posts: 1,496
Likes (Received): 1

Still got a while to go before it's ready for Superbowl XLV, but it is taking shape nicely.
__________________
"Yeah, well....that's just like...your opinion, man" - Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski

ORANJE

www.pbase.com/th0m for photo's
th0m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 01:25 AM   #111
Stockholm_Rovers
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 184
Likes (Received): 0

This has to be the most ridiculous name for a stadium ever!
Stockholm_Rovers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 02:14 AM   #112
eMKay
Registered User
 
eMKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,589
Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholm_Rovers View Post
This has to be the most ridiculous name for a stadium ever!
That's not the stadium's name, it's just a nickname.
eMKay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 02:19 AM   #113
palindrome
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: boston
Posts: 255
Likes (Received): 2

no its real name it said on news in sarajevo
palindrome no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 03:50 AM   #114
eMKay
Registered User
 
eMKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,589
Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
no its real name it said on news in sarajevo
Your incompetent news program got it wrong.

You show me where on the OFFICIAL SITE it says "Jerry's World"http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/
eMKay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 05:27 AM   #115
Calvin W
Canadian eh!
 
Calvin W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,457
Likes (Received): 463

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMKay View Post
Your incompetent news program got it wrong.

You show me where on the OFFICIAL SITE it says "Jerry's World"http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/
And US news have never made a mistake? Give the guy a break.
__________________
Really wish you would stop assuming you speak for everyone. On this forum you only speak for yourself.



zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcba
Calvin W no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 05:46 AM   #116
eMKay
Registered User
 
eMKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,589
Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin W View Post
And US news have never made a mistake? Give the guy a break.
Just saying what he saw was wrong, nothing against him but the news program he saw could have done SOME research. Since they didn't, they are incompetent.
eMKay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 06:53 PM   #117
th0m
oemoemenemoe
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Groningen
Posts: 1,496
Likes (Received): 1

JerryWorld's not so bad a name for a stadium! Not nearly as bad as Dick's Sporting Goods Park
__________________
"Yeah, well....that's just like...your opinion, man" - Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski

ORANJE

www.pbase.com/th0m for photo's
th0m no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 09:10 PM   #118
rantanamo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 3,532
Likes (Received): 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholm_Rovers View Post
This has to be the most ridiculous name for a stadium ever!
The stadium is unnamed at this point. It most often goes by Cowboys Park or New Cowboys Stadium right now. The whole deal has been very secretive with details only being revealed after court orders, then the owner, Jerry Jones, makes a big splash about each secret revealed. The naming rights seem to be the next big thing. Either they have a huge sponsorship deal and are being tight lipped about it in order to make a big splash during the season, OR they don't have a naming sponsor yet.

JerryWorld is the moniker given to this project long before it had even a location. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has made it no secret from the get go that he wanted one of the largest, nicest stadiums ever built. He always wanted huge development around it like museums, hotels, etc. but has scaled back as the stadium costs have soared over $1 billion and beyond, not to mention he didn't sucker Arlington out of as much money and land as he was planning to get out of Dallas or Irving. So expecting this giant themepark, one particular local sports radio show in Dallas started calling the project Jerry World, as if it were this huge theme park with everything Jerry wanted. Or perhaps we should call it Jerrah World in honor of his very southern accent(I have one too, so I have the right to make fun of it)
rantanamo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 09:23 PM   #119
Stockholm_Rovers
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 184
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
The stadium is unnamed at this point. It most often goes by Cowboys Park or New Cowboys Stadium right now. The whole deal has been very secretive with details only being revealed after court orders, then the owner, Jerry Jones, makes a big splash about each secret revealed. The naming rights seem to be the next big thing. Either they have a huge sponsorship deal and are being tight lipped about it in order to make a big splash during the season, OR they don't have a naming sponsor yet.

JerryWorld is the moniker given to this project long before it had even a location. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has made it no secret from the get go that he wanted one of the largest, nicest stadiums ever built. He always wanted huge development around it like museums, hotels, etc. but has scaled back as the stadium costs have soared over $1 billion and beyond, not to mention he didn't sucker Arlington out of as much money and land as he was planning to get out of Dallas or Irving. So expecting this giant themepark, one particular local sports radio show in Dallas started calling the project Jerry World, as if it were this huge theme park with everything Jerry wanted. Or perhaps we should call it Jerrah World in honor of his very southern accent(I have one too, so I have the right to make fun of it)
Thanks for that. Glad to see that it's got a roof.
Stockholm_Rovers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 09:25 PM   #120
Joop20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 610
Likes (Received): 4

Looks real good from the outside, but i dont like the inside. Whats up with the silly half completed tiers behind the goals? Why not make the temporary seats permanent, it would look so much better if the ends were filled completely. And I dont like all the small tiers, makes it look less imposing and kind of messy.
Joop20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Tags
american football, arlington, dallas, united states

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Dallas Cowboys Stadium daveyp Southeast 34 September 2nd, 2008 10:07 PM
DALLAS | Dallas Cowboys Stadium | U/C Green Jello DN Archives 3 March 13th, 2008 04:23 AM


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us