ARLINGTON - Globe Life Park (48,114) - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 10th, 2016, 11:23 PM   #81
krnboy1009

Likes (Received): 281

They can't be bothered to have public transit but Arlington can build another billion dollar stadium.

Priorities I guess.

**** Jerry Jones forever.
krnboy1009 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2016, 10:48 AM   #82
rantanamo

Likes (Received): 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
The way I see it:

Dallas County
- Mavericks
- Stars

Tarrant County
- Rangers
- Cowboys

There's a balance, and I don't want to ruin it. As for Dallas not going after the Rangers, what would stop the city from doing so had the vote not gone through?
I know Dallas issues are beneath you, but the priorities in Dallas right now are D2 Subway line, High Speed Rail Station, Arts District street level makeover and Trinity River Park now that larger donations are coming in. Convention Center decisions and upcoming basketball/hockey are priorities as well. Rawlings asked about what their plans were and Arlington lost their minds over it. If anything, Frisco was probably more competition.

As for the balance stuff............... There's no balance by being in Arlington just a couple of miles from the Dallas County Border. The teams go to whatever place cares to pay them to. There's no balance or no loyalty to east or west metroplex. If FW offers enough money, the Mavs and Stars would bolt tomorrow.
rantanamo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2016, 09:52 PM   #83
JJG

Likes (Received): 1464

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
I know Dallas issues are beneath you, but the priorities in Dallas right now are D2 Subway line, High Speed Rail Station, Arts District street level makeover and Trinity River Park now that larger donations are coming in. Convention Center decisions and upcoming basketball/hockey are priorities as well. Rawlings asked about what their plans were and Arlington lost their minds over it. If anything, Frisco was probably more competition.

As for the balance stuff............... There's no balance by being in Arlington just a couple of miles from the Dallas County Border. The teams go to whatever place cares to pay them to. There's no balance or no loyalty to east or west metroplex. If FW offers enough money, the Mavs and Stars would bolt tomorrow.
I know Dallas has its issues and other concerns, but I still wouldn't drop it as a possibility.

...and I know damn well no one is talking about building a new arena? I heard about this on 105.3 the Fan months ago, but thought it was a joke.

And despite Arlington being close to the Dallas County border, it's still in our county, so I don't see it any differently.
JJG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 13th, 2016, 08:26 AM   #84
rantanamo

Quote:
I know Dallas has its issues and other concerns, but I still wouldn't drop it as a possibility.

...and I know damn well no one is talking about building a new arena? I heard about this on 105.3 the Fan months ago, but thought it was a joke.

And despite Arlington being close to the Dallas County border, it's still in our county, so I don't see it any differently.
good lord.

Cuban is talking about building another arena. He bought the land across Stemmons and made it into a practice and training facility. Wants to build the next Arena there.

tehlazerviking liked this post
Old November 13th, 2016, 09:14 AM   #85
JJG

Quote:
good lord.

Cuban is talking about building another arena. He bought the land across Stemmons and made it into a practice and training facility. Wants to build the next Arena there.
... in what, like 20 years or so?
Old June 5th, 2017, 08:02 PM   #86
JJG

So I had a thought last night...

Some of you know what's going on in Atlanta with Turner Field's conversion into a football stadium for Georgia State.

What if UT-Arlington brought their football program back?

Would it be more likely that they share Jerryworld or would it be better for The Ballpark to convert (and downsize) for UTA football?

We all know that this park will be saved (...as far as we know now) and reused after the Rangers move to the new building, so I just wanted to throw it out there.
Old June 5th, 2017, 10:46 PM   #87
rantanamo

Quote:
So I had a thought last night...

Some of you know what's going on in Atlanta with Turner Field's conversion into a football stadium for Georgia State.

What if UT-Arlington brought their football program back?

Would it be more likely that they share Jerryworld or would it be better for The Ballpark to convert (and downsize) for UTA football?

We all know that this park will be saved (...as far as we know now) and reused after the Rangers move to the new building, so I just wanted to throw it out there.
No reason they couldn't expand Maverick Stadium. The neighborhood may object, but they don't now. Another 10,000 seats wouldn't make much difference. Remove the track and build a track stadium where the practice fields are. Build a real football facility. Turn globe life into a huge garage with retail, keep the museum there, etc.
Old June 6th, 2017, 03:53 AM   #88
JJG

Quote:
No reason they couldn't expand Maverick Stadium. The neighborhood may object, but they don't now. Another 10,000 seats wouldn't make much difference. Remove the track and build a track stadium where the practice fields are. Build a real football facility. Turn globe life into a huge garage with retail, keep the museum there, etc.
I say it's a mix of the neighborhood NIMBYs and UTA possibly wanting to keep Maverick Stadium as is for track and high school football.

It's all wishful thinking at the moment, obviously. I just personally believe it would be more likely to either play at AT&T or The Ballpark over Maverick Stadium.

Then again, that's only IF they decide to bring football back.
If not, I don't mind a mixed-use development. Just as long as it's still standing in some way
Old December 5th, 2018, 07:41 PM   #89
RMB2007

Likes (Received): 24742

Quote:
Globe Life Park has found a new life as the stadium of D-FW's XFL franchise.

Globe Life Park in Arlington has found a post-baseball life: It will become the second football stadium on the block.

On Wednesday, WWE mogul Vince McMahon's spinoff group Alpha Entertainment announced the eight franchises for the second incarnation of the XFL, which is scheduled to put football first and begin play in 2020. Among the eight inaugural franchises: One that will call Globe Life Park in Arlington it's home. Other details, such as a nickname and colors and a coach are not likely to be revealed until early 2019.

The XFL franchise will become the anchor tenant in a slightly retrofitted Globe Life Park, which Rangers officials intend to keep as a viable venue even after they move to their new retractable roof stadium for the 2020 season.

"It's a huge opportunity to reuse this building," said Sean Decker, Rangers vice president of operations and events. "We've made a commitment to keep Globe Life Park up and relevant and to keep great events coming through the building. We're excited that we can show fans we will follow through on this. We hope to keep layering things in."

Decker said the stadium will be retrofitted with some work along the current third-base line, the visiting dugout area and the commissioner's box seats in that location so that a football field can be laid to run in a North-South direction. The Rangers are expected to pay for any construction. Decker also said the team has no intention of having the XFL team move to the new baseball stadium after 2020.

The Rangers intend to make the stadium seat about 25,000 for football. It's likely that some upper level seats, particularly in the left field corner, could be tarped over for football.
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/tex...hise-itll-look

EPA001, aquamaroon liked this post
RMB2007 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 08:02 PM   #90
Chevy114

Likes (Received): 906

Wait so it won't fit, are they cutting out seats?
Chevy114 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 08:39 PM   #91
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
Wait so it won't fit, are they cutting out seats?
Well the park won't be used by anyone at that time, so more than likely yeah...
Old December 5th, 2018, 08:49 PM   #92
slipperydog

Likes (Received): 4799

It's the XFL, guys, it'll be fun.

*Send PM for updates/edits/corrections*
slipperydog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2018, 08:58 PM   #93
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperydog View Post
It's the XFL, guys, it'll be fun.
For like 5 weeks, then... *poof*
Old December 5th, 2018, 09:03 PM   #94
slipperydog

Quote:
For like 5 weeks, then... *poof*
Like a limited time Broadway show residence.

Old December 6th, 2018, 04:44 PM   #95
Chevy114

Quote:

Well the park won't be used by anyone at that time, so more than likely yeah...
Seems like a sad reason to keep a stadium, but I wish that minor league football team the best of luck!
Old December 6th, 2018, 05:27 PM   #96
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy114 View Post
Seems like a sad reason to keep a stadium, but I wish that minor league football team the best of luck!
It was supposed to be reused as a mixed-use building with apartments, retail, and a multi-level garage with the exterior still intact...

And I still think it will be when the league folds.

Chevy114 liked this post
Old December 6th, 2018, 07:03 PM   #97
Bobby3

Likes (Received): 71

Does Arlington want to become a giant parking lot? Because three massive stadiums and an amusement park is a good way to go about doing that. It's not like the metro area is hurting for stadiums either, I can think of six in excess of 30,000 seats, you could legitimately host a Women's World Cup in DFW alone.
Bobby3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2018, 07:49 PM   #98
Chevy114

Quote:
It was supposed to be reused as a mixed-use building with apartments, retail, and a multi-level garage with the exterior still intact...

And I still think it will be when the league folds.
Oh yeah they have done that a few times with European soccer stadiums and it always looks cool!
Old December 6th, 2018, 08:32 PM   #99
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby3 View Post
Does Arlington want to become a giant parking lot? Because three massive stadiums and an amusement park is a good way to go about doing that. It's not like the metro area is hurting for stadiums either, I can think of six in excess of 30,000 seats, you could legitimately host a Women's World Cup in DFW alone.
*TWO amusement parks...

And if we're being honest, Arlington is the largest suburb in America, so it kind of already is a giant parking lot.
Old October 3rd, 2019, 07:24 PM   #100
slipperydog

North Texas Soccer Club to Play at Globe Life Park in 2020

Quote:
Frisco, TX – North Texas Soccer Club will play at Globe Life Park in Arlington beginning in 2020, the club announced Thursday. The inaugural USL League One regular season champions will call the former Texas Rangers stadium home for the next three seasons.

“We’re proud to bring our exciting brand of soccer to Arlington and Tarrant County,” said FC Dallas President Dan Hunt. “We’re also looking to forward to doing more than simply play at Globe Life Park. We’re committed to being active partners in Arlington’s robust sports community.”

North Texas Soccer Club will continue to practice at Toyota Soccer Center in Frisco but will move some of its business operations to Arlington. The club will also produce and support community initiatives in Arlington and the surrounding communities.
https://www.uslleagueone.com/news_article/show/1053970

Chevy114, EPA001, aquamaroon liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement