BALTIMORE - M&T Bank Stadium (71,008) - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 16th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #41
rantanamo

Likes (Received): 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamZolt View Post
Yeah, I know what kind of weather is there in Dallas (I spent 2 nice months in Arlington a couple of years ago...) and that there is no need to build roofs at stadiums in Texas (at least for protecting people from rain). I must admit I know nothing about the climate in Baltimore. Maybe some locals could tell us whether they would like to see a roof at M&T Bank Stadium?
Must have been between October and May. There's no way I would build a new stadium in Texas without a roof. Summertime is simply a beating.
rantanamo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 21st, 2010, 04:26 PM   #42
Liam0711
Birdland Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelon View Post
actually I really like it, the bowl is asimetric enough to give it some character, but still has some continuity, that helps the athmosphere.

From when was that photo of a football match (soccer), seems to be a sellout???

This stadium is not more famous only because its tennant and city are not that "glamorous" Imagine if this stadium was in NYC or LA or Dallas, hosting the Yankees, Cowboys, etc... plus frecuent internationall soccer friendlies, etc...
Hmmm...hate to say it but I disagree. First and foremost the Ravens who claim M&T Bank Stadium as their home is a prestigious franchise. They are presently on their way to their third consecutive playoff birth and are amongst the top ten most valuable NFL franchises. If there's any reason for this stadium being overshadowed it is not because of Baltimore being a medium sized city, but more so because of its older neighbor, Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Oriole Park is perhaps the most influential American sports complex in modern history and helped to spawn the retro/urban renaissance of MLB ballparks.
Old December 26th, 2010, 05:30 AM   #43
FloridaKnight

Likes (Received): 45

This is hands-down one of the top 3 best looking stadiums in the US. The huge video boards, the unique seating arrangement of the upper decks, and the purple and black seats just look great aesthetically. It achieves looking professional and nice with having character at the same time which is usually pretty rare.
FloridaKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 1st, 2011, 12:44 AM   #44
BALTIMORE RAVEN
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

# This stadium is # 1 in my book. We would have a fit if anyone wanted a retractable roof added. Just wear a big Ravens Jacket in December. Most seat liscense owners love to sell their tickets December!! for cheap.

Watching the sunset on a beautiful September or October Sunday in this stadium.
AWESOME!!!!
Brilliant orange red sunsets.
Plus watching the Ravens win 12 or more games.
MORE AWESOME!!!!!!!
We demand nothing less in Charm City.
BALTIMORE RAVEN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 09:24 AM   #45
jay stew

Likes (Received): 362

All in the game yo, all in the game.
jay stew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 09:26 AM   #46
will101

Likes (Received): 3100

This is a nice place, but there is one flaw here: the huge gap between the two levels. The way the suites are stacked around the entire field mirrors the mistake made at Staples Center, Raymond James Stadium, the late Texas Stadium and others.
will101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 07:25 PM   #47
LocksRocks
LocksRocks

Likes (Received): 1

This is a hansome looking stadium.
I just wondered though. In the US there are a number of examples of stadiums where the lower tiers, are a bowl, while the upper sections are broken up.
I just wondered why this was?
It seems that by having a complete bowl, more people could fit into the stadium.
Also, how do stadiums in the US compare (as a footprint) to the ones they replace.
In the UK, new grounds tend to be around 2.5 times the size of older grounds with the same capacity.
LocksRocks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2011, 02:29 AM   #48
FloridaKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by will101 View Post
This is a nice place, but there is one flaw here: the huge gap between the two levels. The way the suites are stacked around the entire field mirrors the mistake made at Staples Center, Raymond James Stadium, the late Texas Stadium and others.
I disagree. Max there are only 2 levels of skyboxes here...a large amount of NFL stadiums have at least 2 levels. They don't stand out as a prominent figure of this stadium to me at all.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 03:12 AM   #49
JJG

Likes (Received): 1461

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksRocks View Post
I just wondered though. In the US there are a number of examples of stadiums where the lower tiers, are a bowl, while the upper sections are broken up.
It seems that by having a complete bowl, more people could fit into the stadium.
Also, how do stadiums in the US compare (as a footprint) to the ones they replace.
In the UK, new grounds tend to be around 2.5 times the size of older grounds with the same capacity.
Not all stadiums here are built to be HUGE. You'll see it in a few college football stadiums that can fit up to 100,000, but not really in the pros.

Pro football stadums in the States are built more for atmosphere and fan experience. At least, today anyway...

In a way, there's really no need to have a "complete stadium".
JJG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2011, 03:26 AM   #50
en1044
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksRocks View Post
Doesn't matter if they could fit more people. They don't need to.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 03:33 AM   #51
will101

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKnight View Post
I disagree. Max there are only 2 levels of skyboxes here...a large amount of NFL stadiums have at least 2 levels. They don't stand out as a prominent figure of this stadium to me at all.
Just because other stadiums do it, doesn't mean that it's not a design flaw.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 05:49 AM   #52
FloridaKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by will101 View Post
Just because other stadiums do it, doesn't mean that it's not a design flaw.
So basically every other NFL stadium is flawed then? I still don't think the suites are prominent of a feature here to really stand out as negatively impacting other seats. Staples Center and Cowboys Stadium though, yes.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 08:17 AM   #53
rantanamo

Likes (Received): 368

levels on top of stacked suites is fine as long as the tiers of suites move closer to the field as they get higher and even allow some cantilevering. Makes for great upper deck views compared to stadiums that don't do this. Higher up, yes, but closer to the action, yes also. Don't see it as a design flaw at all.
rantanamo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:47 AM   #54
will101

Quote:
So basically every other NFL stadium is flawed then?
I never used the word "every". You shouldn't make things up.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 01:26 PM   #55
ElvisBC

Likes (Received): 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALTIMORE RAVEN View Post
# This stadium is # 1 in my book. We would have a fit if anyone wanted a retractable roof added. Just wear a big Ravens Jacket in December. Most seat liscense owners love to sell their tickets December!! for cheap.

Watching the sunset on a beautiful September or October Sunday in this stadium.
AWESOME!!!!
Brilliant orange red sunsets.
Plus watching the Ravens win 12 or more games.
MORE AWESOME!!!!!!!
We demand nothing less in Charm City.
Watching the sunset in September might be cool, but try the same in December or January Not even the thick blanket saved me from freezing last December vs Steelers.

Stadium design is cool indeed, but I find the solution only optically cool, there are quite a few better NFL stadiums out there. Try to take the wrong stairs and then find the way around ... could be funny walk Of course this is only my opinion ......
ElvisBC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2011, 09:06 PM   #56
Cogan

Likes (Received): 9

Love this stadium, but intrigued by the top tier corner seats (in the breaks between the stands). Surely the views from some of these seats are horrendously restricted?
Cogan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #57
FloridaKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogan View Post
Love this stadium, but intrigued by the top tier corner seats (in the breaks between the stands). Surely the views from some of these seats are horrendously restricted?
I'm not sure what exactly you may be referring to...? It doesn't look like they would be restricted at all.
Old March 6th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #58
buckeyejim

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogan View Post
Actually, every seat in those endzone upper deck seats can view 100% of the football field because the designers were smart. M&T Bank Stadium and Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati are the two best NFL stadiums I've ever been in.
buckeyejim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 04:15 AM   #59
sweet-d

Likes (Received): 293

I never realized how beautiful this stadium is until not it's definetly my 3rd favorite NFL venue in terms of Archtecture.
sweet-d no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 11:43 PM   #60
Cogan

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
I'm not sure what exactly you may be referring to...? It doesn't look like they would be restricted at all.
The top tier has gaps in the corners. In 2 of the corners, there are small blocks of seats in these gaps. Some of these seats may look as though they only have a partial view of the field, obstructed by the sideline stand (actually, looking at the photos clearly I'm not so convinced anymore!). But look at this photo...

image hosted on flickr

To me it looks as though some of the seats are hidden behind the upper tier stand (and if we can't the see the seat, the person in the seat can't see the camera). Do you see what I mean?
Cogan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
baltimore