KUALA LUMPUR - SINGAPORE HIGH-SPEED RAIL LINK | Proposed - Page 293 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 24th, 2019, 10:25 AM   #5841
promulgate

Likes (Received): 745

Quote:
Dalam kokpit C2563 High Speed Rail dari Beijing ke Tianjin Binhai Station. Kelajuan 350 km/h. Mengangkut 80,000 penumpang sehari. #MEA
promulgate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 24th, 2019, 10:48 AM   #5842
Nizam AK

Likes (Received): 627

Quote:
Originally Posted by promulgate View Post

Balik malaysia nnt terus keluar statement puji China.
Hehe
Nizam AK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2019, 11:13 AM   #5843
jani13

Likes (Received): 144

I believe that is the Siemens Velaro model. Technically German, not Chinese

atmapgnew, rickycarter93 liked this post
jani13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2019, 11:42 AM   #5844
Nizam AK

Likes (Received): 627

Im not talking about the train. Hehe

Sure azmin pon tak tahu OEM rolling stock tu dan sekira nya sampai pd pengetahuan beliau , good for him.
Nizam AK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2019, 11:53 AM   #5845
jani13

Well in China I am sure they will tell him its theirs!

That said, they will surely push the Fuxing model to Malaysia if it ever happens.

The Fuxing, of course, is an amalgamation of all the models China has imported and they combined to create their own - incorporating technology from the aforementioned Velaro, Shinkansen, Bombardier etc etc
Old May 9th, 2019, 11:19 AM   #5846
om303

Likes (Received): 3

Call for tenders for KL-SG HSR commercial advisory consultant

Quote:
KUALA LUMPUR: MyHSR Corp Sdn Bhd will call for a tender for the appointment of a commercial advisory consultant (CAC) for the KL-Singapore high speed rail (HSR) project review exercise today.

According to a statement by MyHSR, the CAC tender looks to address the commercial aspects of the project in line with the Malaysian government's review.

"The appointed consultant will be required to develop a new business model that will produce the optimal project life-cycle cost, as well as, develop updated ridership forecasts, and update the benefits assessment that the project will bring to Malaysia," it said.

On Sept 5, 2018, the governments of Malaysia and Singapore agreed to suspend the KL-SG HSR project until May 31, 2020, while reviews were being conducted.

An ongoing tender was launched in April 2019 to appoint the technical advisory consultant (TAC), which MyHSR said has received encouraging interest from the market.

"With the appointments of both the TAC and the CAC, a comprehensive project review exercise will be completed, and a report will then be prepared and submitted to the Government, prior to the end of the suspension period in May 2020," said MyHSR.

"We encourage all firms with the relevant experience to participate in this tender as the findings of this review will help us chart the right course for this Project. We look forward to receiving similar strong support from the market for this tender.”
https://www.thestar.com.my/business/...ry-consultant/
om303 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 02:08 PM   #5847
SgWay

Likes (Received): 1018

Hope make the HSR train system selection process an open tender process. With the geopolitical trend is to counter China unfluence, Im sure their rivals like Japan and EU will compete like crazy with China on price.
SgWay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 02:14 PM   #5848
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 2012

Interesting quote by atok

Quote:
He also explained that there was no urgency for the HSR plan because it “is not necessary for now, especially when it is only within Singapore and Kuala Lumpur” , and the current travel time does not exceed six hours
https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...ailway-system/

Seems like he want to change from the current Taiwan style HSR to a HK style one.

Afterall 6 hours is the travel time needed to go from sg to kb/naratiwat
Old May 15th, 2019, 02:32 PM   #5849
luacstjh98

Likes (Received): 440

HK style HSR?

I was under the impression that the HSR link to HK was just a branch off the Chinese HSR network from Shenzhen North. There's no Malaysian HSR network for Singapore to link to...

Guess it's really Butterworth or bust for Dr M then.

I have a bad habit of retroactively editing my posts without prior warning.
luacstjh98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 05:12 PM   #5850
jlcs83

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jani13 View Post
I believe that is the Siemens Velaro model. Technically German, not Chinese
If this is the latest Fuxing model then it is fully designed and developed by China. Those much earlier models almost decade old were built based on technology from Siemens.
jlcs83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 08:13 PM   #5851
AusJpnKorNzTwn911130

Likes (Received): 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
Interesting quote by atok

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...ailway-system/

Seems like he want to change from the current Taiwan style HSR to a HK style one.

Afterall 6 hours is the travel time needed to go from sg to kb/naratiwat
And arround 8 hours between Penang/Butterworth and SG by driving.

Yeah above users has been mentioned if this get revived next year it might not be KL-SG HSR but rather PG-SG HSR by the hint from old man.
AusJpnKorNzTwn911130 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 03:12 AM   #5852
prophecus1

Likes (Received): 256

why must follow Najib's legacy, when we can build it to Atok's legacy? hhah

If this materialises, possibly it will serve west coast parallel to WCE now. It should not compete with ETS.

Nizam AK liked this post
prophecus1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 03:35 AM   #5853
AusJpnKorNzTwn911130

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecus1 View Post

why must follow Najib's legacy, when we can build it to Atok's legacy? hhah

If this materialises, possibly it will serve west coast parallel to WCE now. It should not compete with ETS.
The BM to SG part is still Najib legacy. And it's very odds to miss Ipoh if it end up extend northward.

jason97 liked this post
Old May 16th, 2019, 04:20 AM   #5854
jani13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcs83 View Post
If this is the latest Fuxing model then it is fully designed and developed by China. Those much earlier models almost decade old were built based on technology from Siemens.
Was referring to the photo of Azmin in the train. I don't think that's the Fuxing.
jani13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 12:10 PM   #5855
CxIxMaN

Likes (Received): 1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusJpnKorNzTwn911130 View Post
And arround 8 hours between Penang/Butterworth and SG by driving.

Yeah above users has been mentioned if this get revived next year it might not be KL-SG HSR but rather PG-SG HSR by the hint from old man.
Penang - KL - SG HSR

Hmmmm

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones

A.Einstein

Public transport is the way to transportation revolution

A MAYOR of Bogota is reported to have said: “A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation.”
CxIxMaN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 12:20 PM   #5856
luacstjh98

Likes (Received): 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusJpnKorNzTwn911130 View Post
The BM to SG part is still Najib legacy. And it's very odds to miss Ipoh if it end up extend northward.
Well, at least the old man can be remembered as the one who saved the HSR from being a boondoggle built to line the pockets of political cronies, to being actually useful for the public.

I have a bad habit of retroactively editing my posts without prior warning.
luacstjh98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 02:52 PM   #5857
daeng_jal

Quote:
Originally Posted by luacstjh98 View Post
HK style HSR?

I was under the impression that the HSR link to HK was just a branch off the Chinese HSR network from Shenzhen North. There's no Malaysian HSR network for Singapore to link to...

Guess it's really Butterworth or bust for Dr M then.
Thought HK has 2 type of service? The short haul route run by MTR primarily on the Guangzhou--HK route while another long haul route goes to other Chinese cities. One of such routes is to xiamen which is limited to 200km/h as the line from Shenzhen to xiamen run both freight as well as passengers.

I think what Atok want is a single co-CIQ in jurong only. And apart of KL the train from Singapore would run along the ECRL as well. It would take around 6 hours from SG to KB. Which is probably where atok gets his 6 hours magic number from

And if the line is extended by 25km it would reach the Thai border making our part of the pan asia railway complete.

Last edited by daeng_jal; May 16th, 2019 at 04:12 PM.
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 02:53 PM   #5858
CxIxMaN

Likes (Received): 1213

Did Najib gov have HSR ever planned to go north after KL? was there plans for it to be built after KL - SG line was built similar to how MRT1, 2 and 3 was planned out to be built one after another

If you think big picture, should have considered this factor, and link to Thailand

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones

A.Einstein

Public transport is the way to transportation revolution

A MAYOR of Bogota is reported to have said: “A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation.”
CxIxMaN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 04:10 PM   #5859
AusJpnKorNzTwn911130

Quote:
Originally Posted by CxIxMaN View Post
Did Najib gov have HSR ever planned to go north after KL? was there plans for it to be built after KL - SG line was built similar to how MRT1, 2 and 3 was planned out to be built one after another

If you think big picture, should have considered this factor, and link to Thailand
I believe they have been on talk about this a few years ago but no result so far, even Thailand focus on construct Northeastern line right now and their Bangkok - Hua Hin southern HSR line on EIA stage IIRC let along start finalizing route to Malaysia.

https://thediplomat.com/2016/09/thai...eed-rail-link/
Old May 16th, 2019, 04:11 PM   #5860
daeng_jal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CxIxMaN View Post

This is from 2 years ago
Quote:
Thailand, Malaysia to begin talks on HSR linking Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur: Thai minister
https://www.todayonline.com/world/as...-thai-minister

Building to penang is easy but you may not want Singapore government involvements in it. Building it alone means that we can like the Thai and Indonesian hsr to patayya/bandung sell it off to a Chinese-local consertium without much financial involvement from the coffers outside of land acquisition.

atmapgnew liked this post
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement