A104 | JKIA-Rironi Highway (Mombasa Road-Uhuru Highway-Waiyaki Way) | U/C - Page 119 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > Transport and Infrastructure

Transport and Infrastructure Transport, infrastructure and other related discussions

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 27th, 2020, 06:44 PM   #2361
Kenguy

Likes (Received): 3338

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyt View Post
Road A Bridge over southern bypass. This is a new road being done as part of the expressway that will link southern bypass to Nairobi ICD

Will this also link to the SGR terminus or just ICD?
Kenguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 28th, 2020, 09:58 AM   #2362
sleekpiano

Likes (Received): 1554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenguy View Post
Will this also link to the SGR terminus or just ICD?
There is already a road from SGR station to ICD however its not open to traffic. Its manned by administration police with road blocks. I have used it once.

I can only if the road would be open, the crazy traffic along Mombasa Road would automatically be diverted to it creating congestion along that area.
sleekpiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2020, 06:34 PM   #2363
Kenguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekpiano View Post
There is already a road from SGR station to ICD however its not open to traffic. Its manned by administration police with road blocks. I have used it once.

I can only if the road would be open, the crazy traffic along Mombasa Road would automatically be diverted to it creating congestion along that area.
If they complete this road connecting the Southern bypass directly to the Eastern bypass as well as complete the the Western bypass, it would form the first complete ring road system for Nairobi.
Old January 29th, 2020, 06:40 PM   #2364
Kenguy

They are still doing soil sampling at the junction of Langata road and Uhuru highway.

I have noticed they are rebuilding the Kobil petrol station at the junction of Uhuru highway and Haile Selassie Ave. I thought this location should have been the toll plaza for Haile selassie according to the expressway design? Im puzzled by this development.
Old January 31st, 2020, 09:23 AM   #2365
JohBubey
Kenyan

Likes (Received): 288

There are some earthmovers along Mombasa Road near the Airport. Not so sure if they are part of this project?
JohBubey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2020, 06:55 AM   #2366
osaedu

Likes (Received): 477

There goes Ole sereni's uninterrupted park views..

Heavy works should have started by now on the expressway, maybe they still need to do reconfiguration and ground studies. But when they start CRBC have crazy construction speed.

Kenguy liked this post
osaedu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement