Bangladesh Aviation - Part 15 - Page 26 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Bangladesh > Heritage, Tourism & Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM   #501
manbil777

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by planemannyc View Post
US-Bangla increasing to 3 daily flights to Sylhet

Dhaka - Sylhet
Flight No Departure Arrival Days of Operation
BS - 131 07 : 00 AM 07 : 45 AM Daily
BS - 135 12 : 35 PM 01 : 20 PM Daily
BS - 137 07 : 30 PM 08 : 15 PM Daily

Sylhet - Dhaka
Flight No Departure Arrival Days of Operation
BS - 132 08 : 10 AM 08 : 45 AM Daily
BS - 136 01 : 45 PM 02 : 30 PM Daily
BS - 138 08 : 40 PM 09 : 25 PM Daily

Wow, a few months ago, they were doing one flight a day, along with single flight for Novo and one by Biman (as well as scattered flights through the week, mainly domestic leg of flights coming in from overseas); back then, the 3 daily flights typically leaving Dhaka within a few minutes of each other, which meant going to Sylhet and returning the same day was near impossible.

Now one can do the same with only on US Bangla.

Bold move, where is the demand coming from?
Best looking tea-picker if I ever saw one. :-)

I don't think she ever made a cup of tea, much less pick tea leaves.

Manazir, planemannyc, TIslam liked this post
manbil777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM   #502
Manazir

Likes (Received): 625

Quote:
Originally Posted by manbil777 View Post
Best looking tea-picker if I ever saw one. :-)

I don't think she ever made a cup of tea, much less pick tea leaves.
My thoughts exactly
Manazir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:13 AM   #503
despaired

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Looks like Jet suspending DEL-DAC and CCU-DAC routes.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...ce-adjustment/

Route suspensions:

Delhi – Dhaka 11 weekly

Kolkata – Dhaka 7 weekly
[/I]

The Kolkata route is quite crowded, but there is opportunity in DAC-DEL route. If BG is not prepared, perhpas USB or Regent can try? I would not be surprised if Spice or IndiGo commence service shortly.
Im actually effected by this! Flew from Dhaka to Delhi last week and the flight was completely full. I had originally planned to fly via CCU and on that day already the flight to Kolkata got cancelled.

Now my return flight from Delhi to Dhaka was supposed to be yesterday but that flight got cancelled and I got rebooked to today’s flight ( Note today is Holi so a bank holiday in India) - and the flight is running on around 60% occupancy despite being a combination of two flights!

It’s a shame since the direct flight allows decent onward connectivity and also the flight to CCU had a pleasant departure time....

Hope something new will come up; fast! Having that said the cancellation of this route (if turned into something permament) allows more slots to open for Indian carriers; we all remember that Vistara had planned to fly to Bangladesh once they would be allowed to fly internationally and there had been rumors of SpiceJet wanting to fly Delhi Dhaka sector.

Last edited by despaired; Yesterday at 02:21 PM.
despaired no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM   #504
planemannyc

Likes (Received): 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by despaired View Post
Im actually effected by this! Flew from Dhaka to Delhi last week and the flight was completely full. I had originally planned to fly via CCU and on that day already the flight to Kolkata got cancelled.

Now my return flight from Delhi to Dhaka was supposed to be yesterday but that flight got cancelled and I got rebooked to today’s flight ( Note today is Holi so a bank holiday in India) - and the flight is running on around 60% occupancy despite being a combination of two flights!

It’s a shame since the direct flight allows decent onward connectivity and also the flight to CCU had a pleasant departure time....

Hope something new will come up; fast! Having that said the cancellation of this route (if turned into something permament) allows more slots to open for Indian carriers; we all remember that Vistara had planned to fly to Bangladesh once they would be allowed to fly internationally and there had been rumors of SpiceJet wanting to fly Delhi Dhaka sector.
Man...guess this came about with very little (if any) notice. I think the Delhi flights were definitely like the BOM ones - more connecting than O&D. It's a shame. I have a feeling that if barriers to entry in India is still quite easy, which makes it challenging to be the legacy carrier. On top of that, if AI is propped by the government, it sets up an uneven playing field. Oh, heck, for a second I forgot I was writing about India - feels similar in BD as well!
planemannyc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM   #505
Manazir

But its only a temporary suspension isnt it? it says until end of April. Or did I read it wrong?
Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM   #506
despaired

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manazir View Post

But its only a temporary suspension isnt it? it says until end of April. Or did I read it wrong?
It does, but you might be aware of the current situation of Jet Airways. Todays Times of India (Delhi Edition) mentioned that Jet currently can operate only 41 out of 119 aircrafts, since they are unable to pay the lease for the remaining ones.

Plus staff hasn't been paid in a long time . . its very similar to the end of KingFisher, even though I believe there will be some kind of government bail out of merger (maybe with Vistara?), but its a rocky road ahead and we won't know which routes will survive or what the future of Jet Airways will look like.

I believe its a strong point that they have stopped nearly all their flights to Abu Dhabi from many destinations within India (e.g. no flight any more from Delhi to Abu Dhabi) and that while they are partially owned by Etihad...
despaired no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM   #507
planemannyc

Likes (Received): 295

Shark-faced jet lands at Dhaka airport for the first time

[Embraer E190-E2 ]

http://www.theindependentbd.com/post/192454

I can only hope a BD carrier takes this bird (maybe through a deal with Boeing?). The 190E2 can do sector lengths of DAC-DXB/AUH/DOH or CGP-DOH/DXB/MCT

I fly the E170/E175 planes in the US all the time, and they are the most comfortable planes - no bad seat with 2x2 rows, and overhead storage similar to 737/A320 - and cabin ceiling of 6'7! And now that China has a lot of these planes, maintenance will not be too difficult.

Last edited by planemannyc; Yesterday at 10:30 PM.
planemannyc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:47 AM   #508
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Likes (Received): 905

Quote:
Man...guess this came about with very little (if any) notice. I think the Delhi flights were definitely like the BOM ones - more connecting than O&D. It's a shame. I have a feeling that if barriers to entry in India is still quite easy, which makes it challenging to be the legacy carrier. On top of that, if AI is propped by the government, it sets up an uneven playing field. Oh, heck, for a second I forgot I was writing about India - feels similar in BD as well!
Jet Airways may get a second lease on life, if Modi government is sincere and serious enough to assist 9W obtain commercial financing. New injection of cash would only go so far if the airline fails to restructure itself. US (legacy) carriers and come back from the brink, may times over.

As for BOM-DAC, CCU-DAC, and DEL-DAC routes, perhaps other carriers from both side of the border may give it a go thereby filling the void left by 9W.
TIslam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:56 AM   #509
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Likes (Received): 905

Quote:
Shark-faced jet lands at Dhaka airport for the first time

[Embraer E190-E2 ]

http://www.theindependentbd.com/post/192454

I can only hope a BD carrier takes this bird (maybe through a deal with Boeing?). The 190E2 can do sector lengths of DAC-DXB/AUH/DOH or CGP-DOH/DXB/MCT

I fly the E170/E175 planes in the US all the time, and they are the most comfortable planes - no bad seat with 2x2 rows, and overhead storage similar to 737/A320 - and cabin ceiling of 6'7! And now that China has a lot of these planes, maintenance will not be too difficult.
I'm doubtful whether any Bangladesh carrier would be interested. I believe 738 suit them better as it can operate both short and medium haul.
TIslam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:03 AM   #510
Manazir

Quote:
Originally Posted by despaired View Post
It does, but you might be aware of the current situation of Jet Airways. Todays Times of India (Delhi Edition) mentioned that Jet currently can operate only 41 out of 119 aircrafts, since they are unable to pay the lease for the remaining ones.

Plus staff hasn't been paid in a long time . . its very similar to the end of KingFisher, even though I believe there will be some kind of government bail out of merger (maybe with Vistara?), but its a rocky road ahead and we won't know which routes will survive or what the future of Jet Airways will look like.

I believe its a strong point that they have stopped nearly all their flights to Abu Dhabi from many destinations within India (e.g. no flight any more from Delhi to Abu Dhabi) and that while they are partially owned by Etihad...
Yes I am indeed aware of the troubled times 9W is going through right now. On top of that, their 737 MAXs are grounded, okay granted its not a huge fleet but still, only 41 out of 119 planes operational is something alarming!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: