HOBART - #UC: Royal Hobart Hospital Redevelopment - 12st / 69m - Page 17 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Tasmania

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 10th, 2018, 06:12 AM   #321
ibuildrocketships

Likes (Received): 124

ibuildrocketships no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 14th, 2018, 11:49 PM   #322
Idiom

Likes (Received): 118

Another view.

Old October 25th, 2018, 08:20 AM   #323
dtown

Likes (Received): 19

https://flic.kr/p/2bhJazw
dtown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2018, 02:41 AM   #324
hamenw

Likes (Received): 142

Old November 2nd, 2018, 10:40 PM   #325
hamenw

Helicopter pad due for lift on Saturday the 10th or 11 if weather bad..

OptomistOne liked this post
hamenw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2018, 02:21 AM   #326
hamenw

Helicopter pad installed and starting the reveal of cladding.. (Image quality reduced by still dirty window)

Idiom, OptomistOne, dsfenasni liked this post
hamenw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 11:16 AM   #327
Tasmanian

Likes (Received): 214

Quote:
Campbell Street, Hobart

Pursuant to Section 19(1)(b) of the Local Government (Highways) Act 1982, notice is given that Campbell Street between Liverpool Street and Collins Street will be closed to traffic from 6 am Saturday 9 February to 7 pm Sunday 10 February 2019 for the purpose of removing the tower crane at the Royal Hobart Hospital.

If the crane cannot be removed due to weather conditions the closure will occur from 6 am Saturday 16 February to 7 pm Sunday 17 February 2019.
Down she comes!

dsfenasni liked this post
Tasmanian está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 12:53 AM   #328
ROVER

Likes (Received): 169

Scaffolding coming down slowly on south east side and it's looking good. Great to see a building that actually looks like the renders!

ibuildrocketships, OptomistOne liked this post
ROVER no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 12:55 AM   #329
ibuildrocketships

Likes (Received): 124

I was thinking the same! Took this photo yesterday...

ROVER liked this post
ibuildrocketships no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 11:00 AM   #330
ROVER

Likes (Received): 169

Hobart crane count back down to 5.
ROVER no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 11:12 AM   #331
Tasmanian

Likes (Received): 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
Hobart crane count back down to 5.
We should get another tower crane for the uni apartments soon, and maybe The Commons? Not sure on that one.
Tasmanian está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 11:29 PM   #332
OptomistOne

Likes (Received): 836

Yep - probably in arund 6 months. Not sure about the Commons too - I suspect it aint tall enough so they will probably just use mobiles. I reckon there will be one for the other flats in Bathurst Street though as that is considerably taller (assuming it actually goes ahead).

London, the World's Greatest City.......................................after Hobart.
OptomistOne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 02:02 AM   #333
OptomistOne

Have not seen this image before - from an article in the Mercury over the most recent delays.

London, the World's Greatest City.......................................after Hobart.
Old February 12th, 2019, 03:09 AM   #334
Idiom

From the Mock: https://www.themercury.com.au/news/p...wk8kxAYsRmKDRI

Quote:
Local workers sacked but interstate crew keep on at RHH redevelopment, union says
E
MILY BAKER, State Political Reporter, Mercury
an hour ago
Subscriber only
THE union representing plumbers says the subcontractor that sacked 20 Tasmanians on Friday has kept its mainland workforce on at the Royal Hobart Hospital redevelopment site.

The local hydraulics and sanitation workers were told in a conference call about 2.30pm Friday that they no longer had a job, according to the people affected.

The Communications, Electricity and Plumbing Union said Canberra-based subcontractor AMS Hydraulics told the Tasmanian workers they were terminating their jobs because of a dispute over payments to the company with managing contractor John Holland-Fairbrother.

But John Holland-Fairbrother said on Saturday its payments were up to date.

An aerial view of the Royal Hobart Hospital construction site.

“The joint venture has been working with the company to obtain further information regarding recently submitted variations which will go through the normal assessment processes,” the spokeswoman said.

The Tasmanian workers turned up to work today in their high-vis ready to pick up the tools again, Mr Burns said.

Cranes around the new helipad at the Royal Hobart Hospital site. Picture: NIKKI DAVIS-JONES

But they were shocked to find AMS’s workers from Canberra were still on the site.

“We all work for the same company,” Mr Burns said.

CEPU state secretary Michael Anderson said: “They’re filthy, absolutely filthy.”

He called on Health Minister Michael Ferguson to get involved in the dispute.

AMS Hydraulics directors have flown to Hobart from the ACT today.

John Holland-Fairbrother, the State Government, the RHH redevelopment team and AMS have all been contacted for comment

OptomistOne liked this post
Idiom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2019, 12:38 AM   #335
Idiom

More smooth sailing for this one. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-...escue/10821210

Quote:
Royal Hobart Hospital patient transfer from new helipad to ICU likened to Thai cave rescue
By Lucy Shannon
Updated 38 minutes ago

The Tasmanian branch of the Australian Medical Association is concerned about the time it will take to get critically ill patients from a new helipad on top of the Royal Hobart Hospital to a new intensive care unit.

The new helipad has been built on the top section of the new K-Block of the RHH so emergency helicopters can deliver patients to treatment faster, but under the State Government's redevelopment plans for the hospital, the intensive care unit (ICU) will be located on the opposite side of the hospital from the helipad.

John Davis from the Australian Medical Association (AMA) said the transfer would take longer than if the ICU was situated in K-Block, where it was intended under the original plan.

"Patients come in on the helipad, they come down in the lifts and they've then got to be moved through a series of corridors," he said.

"Some might say something akin to moving small boys out of a cave in Thailand from Campbell Street across to Argyle Street."

A "practical completion" date for the redevelopment of the RHH is slated for the middle of the year, but doctors are becoming increasingly worried about the ICU situation.

Dr Davis said it was essential to get the hospital design right and to not accept what he described as "significant compromises".

He said Tasmanian patients deserved the best hospital possible.

"Should their heart stop, it's important that the medical staff that are required to restart their hearts and save their lives, essentially, are very close. The way the [hospital] is designed at the moment, those staff will be one city block away."

Dr Davis said there were also problems with getting to the emergency department.

"I understand the hallway that leads from where the lifts end in K-Block through to the emergency department is a little narrow to allow the retrieval team to go through," Dr Davis said.

[Changes to RHH plan could blow budget

The AMA is anxiously awaiting a review of the State Government's RHH master plan, which is expected by the end of February.

The Government promised the review in April last year in response to concerns about the unsuitability of K-Block for psychiatric patients.

Major work has been carried out building and fitting out the new psychiatric ward in K-Block.

Frank Nicklason, chairman of the RHH's Medical Staff Association, said moving psychiatric patients out of K-Block to a separate facility to make room for the ICU was a "live option" that was being considered by the clinical taskforce undertaking the K-Block review.

"There is good clinical consultation and also hospital architects working on this and we expect that we will have … their report by the end of the month," Dr Nicklason said.

If the Government decides to change its master plan in line with the doctors' recommendations at such a late stage in the hospital redevelopment, the promised mid-year "practical completion" date and budget would likely blow out.

In a statement, the Tasmanian Department of Premier and Cabinet said patient transfers from the new helipad to clinical care would take "a matter of minutes".

"Currently, such transfers take significant extra time involving additional transfers via ambulance," the statement said.

"It was two respected doctors who successfully made the argument that adding a helipad to the redevelopment would save time and save lives."

The statement said the fit-out of K-Block was well advanced.

"Works completed in mental health units include floor coverings, rooms, doors, painting and installation of anti-ligature fittings.

"Work remains on track to provide the Tasmanian Government with an update to the RHH master plan by the end of the month."
Idiom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 06:40 AM   #336
Oriolus
OzScrapers Moderator

Likes (Received): 2038

I'm in Hobart at the moment and I took some shots of the hospital this morning. It looks great, I really like the design of the facade

Royal Hobart Hospital - 15th March 2019 by Oriolus84, on Flickr

Visit me on flickr
Oriolus está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 07:17 AM   #337
OptomistOne

Great photos Oriolus. Nice to have you in our fair city.

By the way, I have never been to Townsville so how does the Hobart CBD compare to your neck of the woods?

Oriolus liked this post
Old March 15th, 2019, 10:49 AM   #338
Oriolus
OzScrapers Moderator

Thanks Optomist! As much as I embrace all the good things about Townsville, there's no comparison. Hobart is so much better in every way, and the city and inner suburbs are even more beautiful and interesting and active then I imagined. I guess maybe it was more active then usual today, with a cruise ship docked and thousands coming in for the climate change demonstrations. But to tie it back to the topic of the thread, having the public hospital right in the CBD would certainly generate a good deal of extra activity for the area (whereas our hospital was moved from the inner city to the edge of town)

Visit me on flickr

OptomistOne, TrippelSewe liked this post
Old March 18th, 2019, 12:38 AM   #339
OptomistOne

Thanks for the kind words Oriolus. It is a pretty little place and is certainly a lot more active that it used to be.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Alhtough I have never been there I am sure that Townsville has plenty going for it and I can guarantee that in the middle of July when its cold, dark and wet down here in Hobart, the warm sunshine in Townsville would be very attractive!

Travel safe.

Oriolus liked this post
Old March 18th, 2019, 11:19 AM   #340
Oriolus
OzScrapers Moderator

Haha true! I'm still in Hobart actually (leaving tomorrow), here are a few more pics from today. First is from Kangaroo Bluff. You guys don't have a Hobart photos thread do you? If not I'll make one to hopefully share some more shots of Hobart, including a stitched pano from Kangaroo Bluff, once I get a chance to edit.

Royal Hobart Hospital - 18th March 2019 by Oriolus84, on Flickr

Visit me on flickr

ROVER, OptomistOne, castrovalva liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement