#PROJECT: WORLDS OF DISCOVERY (Palm Jebel Ali) - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Dubai Projects > Offshore Developments > Dubai Waterfront and Palm Jebel Ali

Dubai Waterfront and Palm Jebel Ali Developments on Nakheel's second palm and the new surrounding city

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 1st, 2008, 01:08 AM   #1
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 139

#PROJECT: WORLDS OF DISCOVERY (Palm Jebel Ali)

I think this needs a thread of its own.

WORLDS OF DISCOVERY PARK DESCRIPTORS

SeaWorld
SeaWorld is the world’s premier marine mammal adventure park with up-close animal encounters, world-class attractions and unforgettable performances that immerse guests in the mysteries of the sea. Whether coming face-to-face with Shamu, petting dolphins, counting the teeth on a shark or feeding seals and sea lions, vacation adventures become lifelong memories at SeaWorld. For more than four decades, this beloved marine park has entertained hundreds of millions of guests with breathtaking animal experiences and awe-inspiring shows, as well as dynamic rides that twist, turn, and drench guests with unprecedented thrills.

Busch Gardens

Busch Gardens is the ultimate family adventure park, featuring an unparalleled combination of up-close animal encounters, live entertainment and world-class thrill rides. For nearly 50 years, Busch Gardens has brought guests face-to-face with exotic and endangered animals in unique and adventurous settings that help create lifelong memories. From amazing shows to the pulse-pounding thrills of some of the world’s most exhilarating roller coasters, a world of discovery awaits guests at Busch Gardens.

Discovery Cove
Discovery Cove is an extraordinary family adventure where guests have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to swim with dolphins, rays and tropical fish. This luxury park offers guests the most exciting animal encounters the world has to offer. Discovery Cove is a paradise of rocky lagoons surrounded by lush landscaping, coral reefs, tropical rivers, waterfalls, and gleaming white-sand beaches.

Aquatica by SeaWorld

Aquatica is a one-of-a-kind waterpark inspired by the South Seas that only SeaWorld could create. Aquatica immerses guests in the playfulness of the sea, taking them in, over and under the water itself with some of the world’s most unique water rides and animal encounters. Aquatica blends up-close animal experiences, waters from serene to extreme, high speed thrills and wide, sandy beaches to create an exotic family vacation.

(http://www.worldsofdiscovery.com)
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 1st, 2008, 04:38 AM   #2
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Likes (Received): 2834

I agree. Cool project, but I think the design above looks a bit silly actually ... hope to see some proper / good renders soon.

This sure beats what was meant to go there though [golf courses/s?].
Parisian Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 06:02 AM   #3
A.U.S. arch. Student

Likes (Received): 42

parisian girl i was thinkin the same thing, great project but the shape looks like something out of a kids colouring book similar to how the universe looks but im sure itll all work out in the end
Advertisement

Old March 2nd, 2008, 03:28 AM   #4
Pea-Tear-Griffon
USA/Dubai FTW!

Likes (Received): 0

I don't think it'll look bad in real life even if they keep the current shape. I hope they can put in some kick-ass coasters despite the small land size, but I doubt they will be able to match the ones we have over here.

Any variants of SheiKra (Griffon), Kumba, Montu, Alpengeist, Apollo's Chariot, Lochness Monster, Big Bad Wolf, or Gwazi would be great rides to include.

Oh yeah, and Kraken for Sea World!

Lois: Peter,why are we stopped?
Peter: Yeah, I'll have three cheeseburgers...
Lois: Peter for God's sakes she's havin' a baby!
Peter: Oh that's right...and a kid's meal... and uh,
I, I guess I'll have fries...if I have fries is anyone
else gonna have any? Cuz,uh I don't wanna be the
only one eatin' them... I'll feel like a fatty.
Pea-Tear-Griffon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 03:37 AM   #5
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Likes (Received): 135

I think it looks great. The vision was from day 1 of the design of Palm Jebel Ali to have a sea life park at least, originally on the trunk. Great that they managed to get Busch to do it. The only solution was to put it there, not enough space on the trunk.
Dubai_Steve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 08:36 PM   #6
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Old March 3rd, 2008, 08:40 PM   #7
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:42 PM   #8
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Likes (Received): 56

wooooow
Old September 6th, 2008, 08:00 PM   #9
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Busch Gardens Tampa is undergoing another management change.

Donnie Mills, executive vice president and general manager of the park and of Adventure Island, has been named executive vice president and managing director of Worlds of Discovery Dubai. He will be responsible for all aspects of the staging and operation of the complex, which will house SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Discovery Cove and Aquatica.

The parks are being developed in partnership with Nakheel PJSC, a Dubai World company that develops real estate. Dubai World, headquartered in Dubai, is a holding company for global investments.

Mills will maintain all his current responsibilities at Busch Gardens and Adventure Island into 2009 and will transition fully into the new role in 2010. Current timelines call for groundbreaking on the Dubai project by the end of this year. SeaWorld Dubai, Discovery Cove and Aquatica are scheduled to open in December 2012. Plans calls for Busch Gardens to open in 2015.

Worlds of Discovery Dubai will be developed on Palm Jebel Ali, the second of Nakheel's three Palm man-made island developments. Worlds of Discovery Dubai will occupy a section of Palm Jebel Ali known as the "Crown," which will resemble a giant killer whale when reclamation work is complete.

Mills has worked at five of the 10 Worlds of Discovery parks over a 34-year career with Busch Entertainment Corp. He started at Busch Gardens Tampa as a seasonal employee in 1974 while still in high school. After earning a marketing degree from the University of South Florida, he went on to serve in numerous executive positions throughout the BEC system, a release said.

Last edited by Dubai_Steve; September 6th, 2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old May 1st, 2009, 06:42 AM   #10
Chakazoolu

Likes (Received): 136

InterPark Magazine
Spring Issue 2009

UAE
Worlds of Discovery delayed
THE MAJOR Worlds of Discovery theme park, planned to open in late 2012, has been put back because of the global recession. Developer Nakheel said that the Dubai Project has been delayed by 12 months.
Nakheel has formed a partnership with Busch Entertainment Corporation, which operates Sea World and Busch Gardens in Florida. The first phase of Worlds of Discovery, the Sea World and Aquatic Parks, was due to open in 2012 with second phase, Busch Gardens and Discovery Cove, in 2015.
The four parks will form an artficial island added to the Palm Jebel Ali. It was to be linked to the Palm development by a tunnel on one side and a bridge on the other. The crown development on top of the palm, with the parks, would have 4000 hotel rooms.
Chakazoolu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 10:50 PM   #11
A Almarzooqi
A Almarzooqi

Likes (Received): 164

i really like this project , dubai needs this 4 theme parks

i feel this project is canceled

is it ??

any news ??

Last edited by A Almarzooqi; April 30th, 2012 at 04:56 AM.
A Almarzooqi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:38 AM   #12
italiano_pellicano
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2012

wow amazing , any news ?
italiano_pellicano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2015, 11:39 AM   #13
Richard Head

Likes (Received): 160

Shouldn't this be moved to never built now that they are building something that's effectively the same, on the mainland.
Richard Head no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 02:47 PM   #14
Chakazoolu

Likes (Received): 136

SeaWorld confirmed opening in Abu Dhabi in 2022, by Miral Assets, this will be built.

It is pointless having 2 Seaworlds so close to each other. Jebel Ali to Yas Island is a 25 minute drive. Might as well change the title to NEVER BUILT:

Here is the link
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...415132&page=40

SEAWORLD ABU DHABI
The first SeaWorld marine life park outside the US is to be built on Yas Island.
SeaWorld and the Abu Dhabi government-backed Miral Asset Management said the park would open in 2022 on the tourism and entertainment hub.
The Abu Dhabi location will have a research, animal rescue and rehabilitation centre, which will open ahead of the park, and the theme park will focus on educating visitors about ocean conservation, officials said. The two companies had been in talks since 2011 about a park in Abu Dhabi.

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/first-...t-in-abu-dhabi
Chakazoolu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement