#APPROVED: PALM SPRINGS, 19F Res (Palm Jebel Ali) - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Dubai Projects > Offshore Developments > Dubai Waterfront and Palm Jebel Ali

Dubai Waterfront and Palm Jebel Ali Developments on Nakheel's second palm and the new surrounding city

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 8th, 2007, 12:51 AM   #41
houshang

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardi View Post
There are 2 rows of plots at crescent.
I agree with you. It seems that one street passes through two rows of buildings. Can be seen at Palm Jebel Ali thread, post no 39 sent by imre
on 1st May 2007
houshang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 8th, 2007, 02:38 PM   #42
ardi

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by houshang View Post
I agree with you. It seems that one street passes through two rows of buildings. Can be seen at Palm Jebel Ali thread, post no 39 sent by imre
on 1st May 2007
Im sure about it.
ardi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2007, 01:25 AM   #43
houshang

I heard today that Damac has been given go ahead with construction of Palm Spring and that the second Damac project on PJA will be lauched in London on30.07.2007.It might be a bit primative but I thought better share it with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 15th, 2007, 09:51 PM   #44
ardi

Quote:
I heard today that Damac has been given go ahead with construction of Palm Spring and that the second Damac project on PJA will be lauched in London on30.07.2007.It might be a bit primative but I thought better share it with you.
Impossible
Old October 22nd, 2007, 07:40 AM   #45
boston101

Likes (Received): 1

does anyone have an update on this project. Also I understand its all sold out but is it available on resale somewhere? thx
boston101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 08:07 AM   #46
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 316

nothing has started there, the Nakheel still not handed over the plots of PJA for the developers, they expect on March 2008 , but if I see the pics it will be difficult.
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 01:38 PM   #47
houshang

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston101 View Post
does anyone have an update on this project. Also I understand its all sold out but is it available on resale somewhere? thx
I think Imre has given you very good update on Palm Springs already.
You hardly see any Palm Springs apartment on resale market however there are two of these apartments on sale at www.dubaiinvest.ru . 1bed 887 sqft
at AED 1,530,000 and 3bed 2410 sqft at AED 3,759,500.
Old October 25th, 2007, 09:32 AM   #48
boston101

thanks! great info
Old October 28th, 2007, 12:12 PM   #49
boston101

Quote:
I heard that DAMAC will be launching the next phase at around AED3000/sqft for PALM. Is that reasonable and can they expect that to sell?
Old October 29th, 2007, 02:27 AM   #50
houshang

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston101 View Post
I heard that DAMAC will be launching the next phase at around AED3000/sqft for PALM. Is that reasonable and can they expect that to sell?
I am not sure about that sort of price for an off plan project but I know that Damac sold very last apartments at Palm Springs at around AED 1700 per sqft
in September 2004 and that was an increase of 250 percent in nine months compared with their launch prices. May be this time they are pricing in all possible future appreciations already.
Old October 29th, 2007, 11:55 AM   #51
ardi

the prices in crescent A are about 1700 to 2500, But DAMAC is always stupid,the reason isthey sold some of these units for 800 now its only cost them to build it for 1000 or more
Old March 1st, 2008, 02:18 PM   #52
Striderr

Likes (Received): 0

I'd expect that this would be one of the developments that will benefit most from the World of Discovery announcement on PJA.... Planned to complete around the same time too...?
Striderr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 12:25 PM   #53
nauras

PALM SPRINGS CANCELLED - CONFIRMED
nauras no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 01:14 PM   #54
Dud Banger

Vouch for that. Sales office blame it on the Americans???? I will be cracking the bubbly open when the Dirham hits 8 to the pound sterling and then it gets de pegged so all the investement funds in the Middle east are devalued considerably, they will then know what it is like to be ripped off by someone else ie The Americans!!

Offered us the usually bull, 15% off another DAM**** development but not on the Palm. Ye right!
Dud Banger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 06:24 PM   #55
Stephan23
Bonsai

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauras View Post
PALM SPRINGS CANCELLED - CONFIRMED

From where you got this info??????
Old March 13th, 2008, 06:35 PM   #56
turbo

Can confirm that the project has indeed been cancel led. Only two option available to investors:

a) Either transfer to Unit(s) of your choice on another Damac development of your choice at a discounted price 15% below current market

b) or repayment of monies paid by you with 6% interest calculated from the date of each installment payment.

Unethical behaviour of the highest degree if you ask me. In my opinion investors should take legal action against Damac (if that's possible in UAE).

Damac have decided to pocket YOUR profit rather than honour contracts. Doesn't say much for business regulation, safety and ethics in Dubai.
turbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 06:40 PM   #57
Stephan23
Bonsai

Likes (Received): 94

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 14th, 2008, 10:00 AM   #58
Karlosb

How can they get away with this as they still own the plot - it maybe smaller and in a different location on the Palm Jebel Ali but why was no alternative offered.

Last edited by Karlosb; March 14th, 2008 at 10:39 AM.
Karlosb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 02:09 PM   #59
houshang

Damac has been trying to cancel this project for some time and is in fact using the redesign of PJA as an excuse to cancel this project,but I would like to tell them that they have been ill advised and cannot get away with this as easy as they think.

-Firsty Damac has waived its right underclause 23 of the Agreement to lapse the sales agreement by their letter dated 20.06.2004 when they completed purchase of plot from the master developer[Nakheel]-

-Secondly Damac can use force majeure clause only in cases where Palm Jebel Ali is not completed or the plot is not delivered.it does not cover changes due to a redesign or els.

-Thirdly if Damac is not prepared to perform its obligations we should involve Nakheel as the master developer who are responsible for the PJA project as a whole.

I think any investor should reject the Damac offer and get together to make sure that Damac cannot get away with sily excuses.
Old March 14th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #60
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Likes (Received): 135

I wonder how many other of their many projects which have not be started for years after selling will have to be cancelled due to increased construction costs and not being able to make a profit by constructing it.
Dubai_Steve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement