#PROJECT: THE WATERFRONT - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Dubai Projects > Offshore Developments > Dubai Waterfront and Palm Jebel Ali

Dubai Waterfront and Palm Jebel Ali Developments on Nakheel's second palm and the new surrounding city

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 29th, 2005, 09:05 AM   #1
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

Likes (Received): 5

#PROJECT: THE WATERFRONT

Name: Dubai Waterfront

H.H. Sheikh Mohammmed announces the launch of Dubai Waterfront, the world's largest waterfront development

81 million square metre beachfront development destined to be an international landmark

2005.1.29, Dubai, UAE - Under the direction of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Minister of Defence, Nakheel debuted its investor launch of the unparalleled Dubai Waterfront, an 81 million square metre beachfront mixed use destination which encompasses over 250 best of breed master planned communities and offerings.

Destined to become an international landmark, Dubai Waterfront is the world's largest waterfront offering, and is located 35 km south west of Dubai, bordering Abu Dhabi, on the last remaining coastal waterfront of the Emirate. Considered the New Gateway of Dubai, Dubai Waterfront has been carefully crafted and developed by an international consortium of the world's best architects, planners and urban developers assembled by Nakheel in 2004, whose goal was to create a destination never before seen in Dubai, or the world.

Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Minister of Defence said, "Dubai Waterfront centres around water, something we consider perpetually valuable and precious. It is an unprecedented advancement and a world-class addition to Dubai, one which will create long term growth and investment for the UAE and the wider region. We're inviting developers to benefit by being partners with Nakheel."

Dubai Waterfront forms the first phase of a larger effort, the Arabian Canal,a 75 km development envisioned by H.H. Sheikh Mohammed. The first phase of Dubai Waterfront will focus on Madinat Al Arab, a thriving urban downtown metropolis, including Al Burj, one of the world���s tallest buildings.

Nakheel has created Dubai Waterfront Company, and will be the majority owner, offering 49% to select investors. Executive Chairman of Nakheel, Sultan Bin Sulayem said, "With Dubai Waterfront, Nakheel has raised the bar to a never before seen level. We are proud to help realise Sheikh Mohammed's vision for the Arabian Canal, with this first phase, Dubai Waterfront. It is destined to become a landmark for Dubai, one which will attract tourists, residents, and businesses, and create a destination like nowhere else."

Nakheel is recognised as one of the region's premier developers, focused on Waterfront, Themed Communities, Golf and Retail. Famed for innovative and iconic properties, Nakheel is known for its signature offerings, The Palm and The World.

Last edited by Dubai-Lover; January 29th, 2005 at 09:12 AM.
Dubai-Lover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2005, 09:06 AM   #2
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 541

Can i know where did serkal find the infromation from?
smussuw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2005, 09:17 AM   #3
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

and as you can see they have moved the pinnacle to palm jebel ali

Old January 29th, 2005, 09:22 AM   #4
Michiel

Likes (Received): 8114

So the palm jebel ali is dwarfed by an even bigger development.
Old January 29th, 2005, 09:25 AM   #5
farnush

Likes (Received): 0

i think this is the last large project to be announced .....No more land...... so LET THE CONSTRUCTION BEGIN HIhahihahiha(evil laugh)
farnush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2005, 09:33 AM   #6
soennecken
We will not be the last

Do I interpret that the Arabian Canal will be an further extention of the creek beyond Biz Bay to the AUH border??
soennecken no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2005, 09:39 AM   #7
ahmedr

farnush, Dubai Waterfront is just the first phase of Arabian Canal, meaning that future mega-projects are going to be centered around this 75km canal and it's all prolly been planned out already, but still to be announced.
ahmedr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2005, 10:08 AM   #8
farnush

BUT MY MIND CANT COMPREHEND ANYMORE OF THESE PROJECTS...... AND THATS NOT TO SAY MY MINDIS SMALL OR ANYTHINH BUT I THINK THIS IS ENNNNNNNNNNNNUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.....THIS PROJECTS THAT ARE ANNOUNCED ARE ALREADY GIVEN 20 YEARS OF JUST CONSTRUCTION,,,,,
farnush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2005, 10:51 AM   #9
ahmedr

website has just been launched a few minutes ago, or so I think. www.dubaiwaterfront.ae
Old January 29th, 2005, 10:56 AM   #10
ahmedr

video tour: http://www.dubaiwaterfront.ae/video/video_web.wmv
Had to make this post so I can download the file to my computer
Old January 29th, 2005, 11:13 AM   #11
ahmedr

OMG!! this video is the best video Ive ever seen!!!! Watch it, NOW!
Old January 29th, 2005, 11:22 AM   #12
hg3z15aa_1
dubai cool

i think dubai soon become the world largest city in area..
hg3z15aa_1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2005, 11:23 AM   #13
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

actually the arabian channel will surround the new airport city!
Old January 29th, 2005, 11:26 AM   #14
ahmedr

^Yeah I noticed that from the renderings early on, there's so much to be said about this I dont know where to start? One recommendation when watching the video, pause it at exactly 5min:29s-30s. Its like an extraterrestial colony!
Old January 29th, 2005, 11:35 AM   #15
van_gogh

Likes (Received): 1

anyone watched the video clip? I think i saw a sketch of the waterfront project. There seems to be sth further away from Palm Jumeirah... and i think i saw the underwater hotel
van_gogh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2005, 11:57 AM   #16
ahmedr

The Arabian Canal will unite with Dubai Marina creek before streaming out into the sea.
Old January 29th, 2005, 12:14 PM   #17
dazz

a little bigger renderings from www-site:

from video:

WOW!
dazz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2005, 12:22 PM   #18
dazz

taken from FAQ http://www.thedubaiwaterfront.com/np_fq.php

When will work on the basic infrastructure begin?
Projects related to Dubai Waterfront will commence once the detailed design which is ongoing, is completed. The first works will be announced shortly related to the construction of basic infrastructure within the environs. Bidding and tenders will be invited later from prospective companies that will carry out the project. Accordingly, work on the basic infrastructure is expected to start within the first half of this year.

What is the proposed timing for Dubai Waterfront?
It is estimated that Dubai Waterfront will be developed over the next five to ten years,with the primary infrastructure being completed within five years.As with many projects in Dubai , Dubai Waterfront will be developed instages , over a number of years, with each phase being independently viable, and providing a balance of mixed-use property development.

What are the projects and facilities that Dubai Waterfront will feature?
Dubai Waterfront will comprise a balanced mix of residential, retail, hotel, office and industrial offerings,in addition to commonareas that will be reserved for educational, cultural, health, and recreational (including a golf course) purposes.

How many hotels are expected within Dubai Waterfront?
There are some 150 - 200 planned hotel plots, however these can be merged into larger resorts, therefore the actual number of hotels is likely to be less.

What is the estimated future population of Dubai Waterfront?
Based on the buildable area within Dubai Waterfront, it is estimated that Dubai Waterfront will provide accommodation for approximately 400,000 - 750,000 persons to live and work.
Old January 29th, 2005, 12:35 PM   #19
dazz

some speculation
it looks like that they have airbrushed something away from this rendering which is on their frontpage at waterfront www-site

well, maybe it was just something unnesessary text....
Old January 29th, 2005, 12:57 PM   #20
Norbb

Likes (Received): 13

Pause the video at 1:52 - seems like there are at least 3 more objects planned in the sea. Sorry, I couldnt make a screenshot.

I posted it in the international thread but edited it away again - why should I spoil your fun of announcing?
Advertisement

Tags
artificial island, dubai, united arab emirates