#PROJECT: THE WATERFRONT - Page 73 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Dubai Projects > Offshore Developments > Dubai Waterfront and Palm Jebel Ali

Dubai Waterfront and Palm Jebel Ali Developments on Nakheel's second palm and the new surrounding city

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 14th, 2016, 03:07 PM   #1441
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 4747

Wow, well that's a surprise! I hope they'll just finish these islands with nice low- middle(?)rises. We don't need a third skyscraper skyline in Dubai..
Advertisement

Old June 15th, 2016, 10:27 AM   #1442
ostendadler
Beat the Heat

Likes (Received): 311

I'm sure its just some maintenance work to keep that road open. For what? good question!
Old August 20th, 2016, 12:31 PM   #1443
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 40198

This is taken as of yesterday ... as you can see, there is movement on the first waterfront Island! If you look closely and compare to previous updates and images, you would see some stone/sand deposit on the Island are actually being loaded off of it!

https://browse.digitalglobe.com

My Instagram: ucd_dxb

gevorika78, amijima, BinSuroor liked this post
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 20th, 2016, 03:02 PM   #1444
amijima

Likes (Received): 290

and as result of discussion and talking about Nakheel and it's abilities to revive and complete the mega projects after financial crisis , we can say the Arabian canal will not happen and revive unless Emaar or Meraas or both of them with collaboration start and finish it !
amijima no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2016, 03:07 PM   #1445
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by amijima View Post
and as result of discussion and talking about Nakheel and it's abilities to revive and complete the mega projects after financial crisis , we can say the Arabian canal will not happen and revive unless Emaar or Meraas or both of them with collaboration start and finish it !
Arabian Canal is not related to Nakheel but to Limitless, the ones who are responsible for the downtown Jebel Ali on hold project. They are still in dept and I doubt they will start it anytime in the coming 10 years, if not ever.

Old August 20th, 2016, 03:41 PM   #1446
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 3435

I once PMd Gabriel about that gap that goes all the way along Al Khail Road, asking what it was. Personally I think the Arabian Canal should go that way and somehow make its way to the existing canal, but that's just one of my strange dreams. With all the big companies that got into huge debt trouble with the global financial crisis they should obviously focus short-to-mid-term on projects that bring in revenue fast rather than projects that will take decades to be profitable.

(Which kind of mirrors Gabriel's statement on that bizarre Deira Islands project that no one can see how it will get Nakheel the revenue they badly need.)

Gabriel900, BinSuroor liked this post
droneriot está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2016, 04:09 PM   #1447
Dubai Skyscraper

Likes (Received): 2737

Sorry but this is false alarm. No visible progress...

Besides, it would be madness to develop the Waterfront when they have a 95% finished palm island that just needs some infrastructure works.

Gabriel900 liked this post
Dubai Skyscraper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2016, 05:11 PM   #1448
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
I once PMd Gabriel about that gap that goes all the way along Al Khail Road, asking what it was. Personally I think the Arabian Canal should go that way and somehow make its way to the existing canal, but that's just one of my strange dreams. With all the big companies that got into huge debt trouble with the global financial crisis they should obviously focus short-to-mid-term on projects that bring in revenue fast rather than projects that will take decades to be profitable.

(Which kind of mirrors Gabriel's statement on that bizarre Deira Islands project that no one can see how it will get Nakheel the revenue they badly need.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai Skyscraper View Post
Sorry but this is false alarm. No visible progress...

Besides, it would be madness to develop the Waterfront when they have a 95% finished palm island that just needs some infrastructure works.
Concerning Arabian Canal, it is a smart project but it needs to be done in phases in order to increase the land value of inland plots and it is very beneficial especially when Dubai runs out of shorelines and space for more land reclamation and artificial islands

Well Dubai Skyscraper, I believe what they took was sand or rocks they stored there to rectify the shorelines of their botched Deira Islands and Palm Jumeirah.

Mark my words guys, Palm Jebel Ali and its waterfront will be sold to another developer or a group of developers. Nakheel can't develop it on their own and they know it. I won't be surprised if negotiations are already happening under the table.

BinSuroor, R.masoudi liked this post
Old August 21st, 2016, 07:08 AM   #1449
Scion

Likes (Received): 8666

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
I once PMd Gabriel about that gap that goes all the way along Al Khail Road, asking what it was. Personally I think the Arabian Canal should go that way and somehow make its way to the existing canal, but that's just one of my strange dreams.
That gap looks like high voltage power lines that run from the Merkadh power plant in Design District all the way to the substation near the Jebel Ali (9th) Interchange. If they move those power lines elsewhere then they could theoretically dig a straight line canal from Nakheel Harbour all the way to the Meydan One canal which can then join onto the creek.
Scion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2016, 10:59 AM   #1450
Gabriel900
Super Mod

A positive news related to Nakheel ... The 2009 crisis debt will be fully paid in 3 days!

Quote:
Dubai developer Nakheel brings an end to debt restructuring saga with Dh4.4bn payment

Mr Lootah said the company achieved its business plan two years ahead of schedule and will be debt free on August 25. Nakheel will award more than Dh8bn in construction contracts this year, he said.

More http://www.thenational.ae/business/p...dh44bn-payment

BinSuroor, brainsound, firoz bharmal liked this post
Old November 6th, 2017, 10:03 AM   #1451
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Now what is this boat doing?

firoz bharmal, SiriusCane liked this post
Old November 7th, 2017, 01:38 AM   #1452
CrazyDave

Likes (Received): 207

I wish they would develop these Islands instead of constantly creating new ones. Also, I wonder if all the arrest the are going on in within the Saudi Government will have an impact on developments.

kevin87 liked this post
CrazyDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2017, 11:40 AM   #1453
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Off-topic (I think), but this barrier hasn't been there before...

(South of Waterfront.)

Old November 9th, 2017, 11:46 AM   #1454
The-King

Likes (Received): 945

that is the Hessyan Clean Coal Power Plant, which will have its own harbour

SiriusCane liked this post
The-King no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2017, 11:51 AM   #1455
droneriot
Urban Hermit

I see, looks like it's making progress then. I'll re-post in the power stations thread.
Old November 10th, 2017, 09:08 AM   #1456
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel900 View Post
Arabian Canal is not related to Nakheel but to Limitless, the ones who are responsible for the downtown Jebel Ali on hold project. They are still in dept and I doubt they will start it anytime in the coming 10 years, if not ever.
Limitless and Nakheel were both owned by Dubai world and I think by now Nakheel took over limitless projects.
smussuw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2017, 03:00 PM   #1457
BinSuroor

Likes (Received): 1308

Hopefully 2035
BinSuroor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 06:56 PM   #1458
lilzena

Likes (Received): 47

back in 2008 heard palm jabel ali will be used for Olympic games, UAE have plan in going for Olympic games so i guess this is why they are holding everything on this site.
Old October 1st, 2018, 07:08 AM   #1459
LarsFut

Likes (Received): 4

they are holding everything at site,because it would cost way too much money for this area to be any sort of functional for people to live,
LarsFut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
artificial island, dubai, united arab emirates