#PROJECT: MADINAT AL ARAB (Waterfront) - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Dubai Projects > Offshore Developments > Dubai Waterfront and Palm Jebel Ali

Dubai Waterfront and Palm Jebel Ali Developments on Nakheel's second palm and the new surrounding city

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 16th, 2009, 12:11 AM   #61
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Likes (Received): 2834

Nakheel hits back at ACI Waterfront claims

[IMG]http://i25.************/icpdli.jpg[/IMG]
MEGA PROJECT: Nakheel's Waterfront development in Dubai.

Master developer Nakheel on Monday hit back at claims made by Dubai property group ACI Real Estate - and insisted its Waterfront mega-project was going ahead.

Robin Lohmann, managing director of ACI Real Estate, in an interview with Arabian Business this week, blamed the state-owned developer for a lack of progress on his flagship Ferretti Luxury Beach Residence and Pershing Luxury Beach Residence projects, located in the Madinat Al Arab area of the Nakheel’s Waterfront development in Jebel Ali.

“We have invested in several plots in Dubai Waterfront. We need to know from the master developer of Waterfront, which is Nakheel, if they plan to go ahead with the project now or not. Once we have these answers we can give to answers our purchasers,” Lohmann said.

But in an emailed statement to Arabian Business Nakheel said it had handed over ACI’s two plots and the company was free to start construction.

Related: EXCLUSIVE: 'No chance I will do a hit and run' – ACI boss

“The two plots which ACI own at Madinat Al Arab have already been handed over,” a spokesman for Nakheel said.

"Waterfront has not been cancelled. Our current focus at Waterfront is on Badrah, Veneto, and Madinat Al Arab. Work continues to make good progress at these sites,” the spokesman added.

The Madinat Al Arab phase of the Waterfront is due for completion in 2015. Other sub-developers such as Plus Properties have started construction at Madinat on its Pixel Tower and Wave Residence projects.

“At Madinat Al Arab, we remain committed to providing infrastructure to third party developers as per their Sales and Purchase Agreements. The majority of plots in this phase have been handed over with some third party developers already mobilised on-site,” the Nakheel spokesman added.

Dubai-based property developer and investment company ACI Real Estate, is a division ACI (Alternative Capital Invest) Group, a German firm with interests in asset management and real estate.

The Waterfront is a planned seaside mega project, twice the size of Hong Kong. It is being built over six phases and completion dates range from 2010 to 2018.

Nakheel said in December the Madinat Al Arab, Veneto, Badra and Canal District phases of the Waterfront were pressing ahead, while other sections would be delayed in the wake of the global crisis.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/56179...erfront-claims
Parisian Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 10th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #62
Thampuran

Likes (Received): 0

Good News for Investors

Have you burnt your fingers investing in the UAE off-plan real estate market, with varying circumstances such as incomplete projects, unresponsive developers, uncertified projects, uncaring brokers or unknown promoters contributing to your ill-fate? Here is some much needed respite for you: We have partnered with various reputed and government-backed developers to offer your ready projects, wherein you can take advantage of unique recovery programs that give due consideration to the investments you have already made and considered lost.

Our Real Estate Recovery Scheme is one such program that takes into account your current investments on a failed or distressed project and adjusts that against payments towards a choice of ready projects. Furthermore, our selection of affordable properties, combined with competitive payment plans through select local banks gives you the opportunity to own your own property at monthly payment outflows that are even comparable to current rental payouts for similarly classified units at other locations. The added benefits of future rental and capital gains potential make this offering an opportunity not to be missed.

Please contact us for Further details.

James Varghese – [email protected] + 971 50 2159441
Inas Shlibak - [email protected] +971 50 1427988
Thampuran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #63
InvestmentClassRE

Likes (Received): 0

Seeking list of Dubai Waterfront Launched Projects????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have access to a partial or complete list of the projects which were launched and sold in Dubai Waterfront or ability to direct me to it?

I would like to reach those developers even those with projects on hold or canceled. Thanks!
InvestmentClassRE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 14th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #64
Opus 2009

Likes (Received): 4

Check our this link. They don't look like Veneto villas but this clearly work going on at the Waterfront.

http://www.aljaber.com/en/constructi...ctGallery.aspx

Al Jaber Building expanded its activities outside the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and became a preferred contractor for the biggest developers in Dubai and the UAE; AJB was recently awarded the contract for the construction of 740 luxury villas in Veneto – a residential district in the Waterfront Veneto Project at the new Dubai Waterfront by Nakheel. AJB also won the contract for the construction of 583 Villas for Dubai Sports City at Victory Heights project.
Opus 2009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #65
gdipasqu

Likes (Received): 386

BIPPPPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus 2009 View Post
Check our this link. They don't look like Veneto villas but this clearly work going on at the Waterfront.

http://www.aljaber.com/en/constructi...ctGallery.aspx

Al Jaber Building expanded its activities outside the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and became a preferred contractor for the biggest developers in Dubai and the UAE; AJB was recently awarded the contract for the construction of 740 luxury villas in Veneto – a residential district in the Waterfront Veneto Project at the new Dubai Waterfront by Nakheel. AJB also won the contract for the construction of 583 Villas for Dubai Sports City at Victory Heights project.
your links doesn't work.

Might you fix it ?
gdipasqu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #66
Opus 2009

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdipasqu View Post
your links doesn't work.

Might you fix it ?
The website must have been altered since I posted this - I noticed even the text that I posted has been deleted.
Opus 2009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2017, 04:30 PM   #67
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 40188

Am I dreaming?!!? Huge news guys!!!!!!! Nakheel is waking up

Quote:
Nakheel to award infrastructure contract for Jebel Ali Waterfront project

Dubai developer Nakheel is set to award the tender for infrastructure construction at its Madinat Al Arab project in Jebel Ali very soon, it announced on Wednesday.

The company said it has appointed Dubai-based international consultants Dar Al Handasah for infrastructure design, engineering and site supervision services at the project, which features five zones.

Infrastructure design for four of the five zones is almost complete, with the construction tender due for release in Q2 2017, a statement said.

Located at the Waterfront in Jebel Ali, Madinat Al Arab is a 522 hectare site with 266 mixed-use land plots.

The project, first launched in 2005, was billed as an urban downtown and was initially planning to house one of the world’s tallest buildings – the Al Burj.

Madinat Al Arab’s first phase was sold out for approximately Dhs13bn within five days of its launch.

However, the project was put on hold following the property crash in Dubai, when Nakheel was hit hard.

A Nakheel spokesman said: “Madinat Al Arab’s strategic location, within easy reach of Dubai World Central Airport, the Expo 2020 site, recently-opened attractions and theme parks and the UAE capital, Abu Dhabi, makes it a significant area for growth and development.

“We are reinforcing our commitment to the area and its investors by moving ahead with infrastructure in this key part of Waterfront.”

http://gulfbusiness.com/nakheel-to-a...front-project/

For all who doesn't know what this project is about, its basically Dubai Marina 2.0!!Nakheel please don't screw this up ... here's a reminder of the masterplan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

Happy times

My Instagram: ucd_dxb

BinSuroor, Scion, firoz bharmal, AbidM liked this post
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2017, 04:52 PM   #68
SA BOY
South Straddie QLD

Likes (Received): 589

recycling Pei's original Palm tower
Old February 8th, 2017, 05:05 PM   #69
Gabriel900
Super Mod

thats only a reminder of the old masterplan ...

Old February 8th, 2017, 05:52 PM   #70
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 4746

Whaaaaaaaaat???? I don't know if I should feel excited or disappointed
Old February 8th, 2017, 08:27 PM   #71
dwr budr

Likes (Received): 2

looking forward to an updated master plan soon then ?
dwr budr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2017, 08:28 PM   #72
BinSuroor

Likes (Received): 1308

Nakheel please dont!! We dont need another separated skyline
They should revive Nakheel harbour and tower instead

Scion liked this post

Last edited by BinSuroor; February 9th, 2017 at 12:38 AM.
BinSuroor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2017, 08:47 PM   #73
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Nakheel came late to the party ... we posted and talked and discussed how Nakheel should forget Deira Islands and focus elsewhere .. and last week Nakheel canceled its deal with one of the operators for one of the hotels on them islands and suddenly today decided its time to finish infrastructure in Madinat Al Arab and restart it prior to the EXPO2020.

Now if you ask me this move is 2 years late ... since now Jebel Ali is literally booming. Nakheel Tower is not as simple to restart it for many reasons like the harbour part of it need canal work and major infrastructure work to be done for them to prepare for it.

Madinat Al Arab is a great fresh start for Nakheel, if they want to play it right, they should soon announce the new masterplan with one centerpiece or icon that will push investors to actually look towards it and I would like that to be something similar if not Nakheel Tower ... the canal is already there ... the infrastructure is almost there .. I mean its the perfect time and location for them to do so. Plus it won't clash with Emaar's the tower since one is a tower the other is a building.

It is just my wish and Nakheel if you are reading this please do it you know I am right.

BinSuroor, Propsearch_ae liked this post
Old February 8th, 2017, 08:51 PM   #74
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 4746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel900 View Post
I mean its the perfect [...] location for them to do so. .
Why do you think so? It's the worst location is my opinion. Just another district built in the middle of nowhere.

BinSuroor liked this post
DubaiM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2017, 09:04 PM   #75
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiM View Post
Why do you think so? It's the worst location is my opinion. Just another district built in the middle of nowhere.
Perfect investment wise ... now all eyes are on Jebel Ali area, we got an airport city under construction there, you got an industrial area nearby, a huge port, a huge theme park, the EXPO site near it, that area will go crazy in construction in the coming 2 years. It is in fact a city just lacking the residential and commercial part of it.

2017 and 2018 are in my opinion the two years when we will witness the true boom effect of the EXPO2020, I think this year we will see lots of new projects launched and most of them will be centered around EXPO2020.

Whether The waterfront was built or no, in 4 years the area there will be transitioning to another city within the city. I just think now is the best time for Nakheel to join in on the action.

Old February 9th, 2017, 07:12 AM   #76
ostendadler
Beat the Heat

Likes (Received): 311

Or they are just going for an easy cash grab with the last bit of un-developped natural coast they have ...
Old February 10th, 2017, 07:12 AM   #77
Chakazoolu

Likes (Received): 136

20 minutes to Abu Dhabi Yas Island by car.

4 minutes by Hyperloop
Chakazoolu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2017, 07:15 AM   #78
ostendadler
Beat the Heat

Likes (Received): 311

20 minutes ?! Hmm sounds optimistic
Old February 12th, 2017, 01:39 PM   #79
Chakazoolu

Likes (Received): 136

From the Dubai/Abu Dhabi border to Yas Island entrance, without traffic 20 minutes.
Try it

BinSuroor liked this post
Chakazoolu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2017, 02:51 AM   #80
CrazyDave

Likes (Received): 207

I will guess that the center piece for this project will be a Tower that has a height of between 700 and 800 Meters.

Gabriel900 liked this post
CrazyDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement