SOUTHBANK > 87-105 Queensbridge St > 156m / 47L / residential & hotel / approved - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Victoria

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 25th, 2018, 12:10 PM   #41
worzil

Likes (Received): 2224

Strange...

Project gets approval in August.
ABD Group move in to Level 1/99 Queensbridge St in September.
http://www.abdgroup.com.au/news/weve-moved/

Why would a business take a lease in a building that would be demolished if the project started?

Looks like they've spent a bit of money on the fit out too.
worzil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 10th, 2019, 03:15 AM   #42
Decatur

Likes (Received): 3316

My team met with the developer of this one this morning. Pre-marketing has commenced and agent Marshall White has been appointed. They are working to arrange finance. Before that park shadow restriction was implemented these guys said they were looking at 260m and have taken a massive haircut. The developer told my guys that the high rise market is coming back very nicely but will probably never be what it was five years ago.

Dr Steele Rebar, Meldon, redden liked this post
Decatur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2019, 03:42 AM   #43
Qantas743
Proud Victorian!

Likes (Received): 1041

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decatur View Post
My team met with the developer of this one this morning. Pre-marketing has commenced and agent Marshall White has been appointed. They are working to arrange finance. Before that park shadow restriction was implemented these guys said they were looking at 260m and have taken a massive haircut. The developer told my guys that the high rise market is coming back very nicely but will probably never be what it was five years ago.

Good news!

Do they have any idea re what’s happening with 88 Queensbridge across the road?
Qantas743 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2019, 10:48 PM   #44
redden

Likes (Received): 18327

I tried to find the latest renders, but could only get these ones of the lower levels. Article, from Aug.2018, gives some background. I particularly like the walkthrough between Queensbridge and City Road.

Approvals
Ted Tabet
Fri 10 Aug 18
Victoria Approves Southbank Queenbridge Project After Three Year Wait

A 47-storey residential and hotel tower on Queensbridge Street in Melbourne has been approved after three years of planning limbo.
The initial development application was lodged in December 2015.
The delay stemmed from concerns of the tower overshadowing the future Boyd Park, while heritage considerations led to architects retaining and incorporating existing heritage facades into the design.
Victoria's Planning Minister Richard Wynne has now approved the $420 million mixed-use development, calling the project a "great development'' for Melbourne's CBD.
The Queensbridge Street tower will comprise 733 apartments and 188 guest rooms, along with 1300sq m of ground-level retail and 5,000sq m of office space.
The project will also provide a 1465sq m pedestrian link between Queensbridge Street and City Road, as well as shops and offices.
The proposed 47-storey residential and hotel tower on Queensbridge Street was scaled back after consulting state government and council planning officers.
Image: Fender Katsalidis Architects & Cox Architects

The tower, co-designed by Fender Katsalidis and Cox Architects, will accommodate aspects of the former Robur Tea Warehouse and the heritage-protected Castlemaine Brewery into the build, while reducing overshadowing of Boyd Park, and opening up a large, public forecourt.
Daniel Lao, development manager of Sheng Le Group told The Urban Developer that the development would fill a missing link within the area, creating an essential connection to the CBD, Boyd Park, arts precinct and South Melbourne.
“The Queensbridge Street development signifies a vast improvement and benefit to the Southbank precinct,” Lao said.
“The carefully sculpted design will help revive and enrich Southbank with an activated and pedestrian-friendly public realm.”
“By partnering with architects Fender Katsalidis and Cox, we are able to contribute an outstanding landmark design which will become an inviting interface for the community and the future residents.”
A builder has not been appointed for the project at this stage.

https://theurbandeveloper.com/articl...ridge-project-

UrbanUnderbelly, Dr Steele Rebar liked this post
redden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2019, 01:48 AM   #45
db2

Likes (Received): 4362

The Richard Wynne regime is so much better at producing better quality outcomes. This is an outstanding design, but with less height.

The Matthew Guy regime was so much better at producing outright height.

Ideally something between these two would be best, probably leaner closer to Wynne than Guy (I can't forgive Guy for The Peak).

If this went ahead as is, it would immediately improve Southbank.
This and Melbourne Square are both needed.
Add Green Spine and Southbank won't be so bad.
db2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2019, 01:51 AM   #46
billybanana
SouthbankOne

Likes (Received): 47

I particularly like the walk thru too. All we need now is for the powers that be to stop digging up roads every second night and Southbank residents will be happy.
billybanana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2019, 02:03 AM   #47
Qantas743
Proud Victorian!

Likes (Received): 1041

Quote:
Originally Posted by db2 View Post
Ideally something between these two would be best, probably leaner closer to Wynne than Guy (I can't forgive Guy for The Peak).
The Peak was approved by VCAT, not Guy.

He wasn't even the responsible authority - MCC was:

http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/...2015/1524.html

HenryX liked this post
Qantas743 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2019, 02:21 AM   #48
UrbanUnderbelly

Likes (Received): 234

I like the curves and the undulation of the walk-through roof
UrbanUnderbelly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2019, 02:24 AM   #49
redden

Likes (Received): 18327

Found this one, which looks distorted and stumpy, for a 150m+ tower.

Dr Steele Rebar liked this post
redden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2019, 02:53 AM   #50
db2

Likes (Received): 4362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qantas743 View Post
The Peak was approved by VCAT, not Guy.

He wasn't even the responsible authority - MCC was:

http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/...2015/1524.html
Hence the change to planning rules (C262/C270).

Over-corrected the other way me thinks.

The next planning ministers hopefully will take the better aspects of both predecessors and be a happy medium.

Nonetheless this is an excellent proposal.
db2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement