Warrington Developments - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction

Projects and Construction The latest news!

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 6th, 2005, 08:02 PM   #21
ps60
Strong and Stable

Likes (Received): 1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accura_Preston
Warrington is going to end up being like Mississauga in Canada
It'll end up being better than Sheffield.
ps60 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 6th, 2005, 08:32 PM   #22
Accura4Matalan

Likes (Received): 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps60
It'll end up being better than Sheffield.
Warrington will never be better than Sheffield, simply because of the structure of each town. Sheffield is vibrant and historic. Warrington can be nice, but it cant have that warm vibe that Sheffield has.
But Preston council have threatened that we will be better than Sheffield by 2012 (no joke lol)
Accura4Matalan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2005, 01:54 PM   #23
Super J

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicform

anyone got more on this... like architect?
Falconer Chester of Liverpool
Super J no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 17th, 2005, 06:08 PM   #24
sjwmoore
sjwmoore

and here is Warringtons latest development site- the Greenalls distillery exploding on saturday night, as viewed from my house on Gainsborough Road!

[IMG]http://************/eq6m1j.jpg[/IMG]
sjwmoore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 02:36 PM   #25
Accura4Matalan

Likes (Received): 1784

Christ...
Accura4Matalan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2005, 01:03 AM   #26
mattlister

Likes (Received): 6

Times Square

Source: David Skentelbery http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk

A MULTI-million £ development to replace Warrington’s Time Square shopping centre has been unveiled.
New Time Square will be an exciting 11-storey mix of shops, restaurants, a multiplex cinema and luxury apartments. Construction could start as early as 2007 – subject to planning approval.

There will be underground parking and a new bridge link to the existing multi-storey car park on Academy Way.
The scheme – the second to be drawn up for the Time Square site in recent years – has been developed by a team consisting of The Big Apple Warrington, Amstone, Dalgleish Retail Property Insight, Lowry Homes, Signet Planning and Leach Rhodes Walker Architects.

A spokesman said the development would be designed to complement the existing surround retail property, including Warrington Market, and would aim to encourage shoppers to stay on into the evening. “It will be designed with the whole community in mind, family focused, combining shopping and leisure facilities and creating a new town centre leisure destination.” Central to the scheme will be a landscaped public square where people can meet or enjoy alfresco dining at one of the many restaurants.

Only a month ago, Manchester-based Modus Properties, announced a similar scheme for land off Winwick Street, Warrington. This project also involved shops, a cinema, hotel, restaurants, offices and luxury apartments. It differs from the New Time Square project in that it involves land which has already been cleared of old, largely worn-out buildings while the new scheme involves replacing an existing shopping centre.
Old February 23rd, 2006, 11:39 AM   #27
mattlister

A SINGLE decision on Friday could see the face of Warrington town centre change forever.

A special meeting has been organised by the borough council to decide the fate of two schemes for Winwick Street and Time Square, estimated to be worth more than £100m combined.

More information including artist's impressions at
http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/towncentre these two schemes in the first post are called The Wireworks and Times Square.

Updates on other developments

Trinity Green - Nearing Completion

Golden Square - Has moved onto Phase 4 which will finish in April and then Phase 5 is between April 2006 – March 2007

Warrington Interchange - The structure is nearing completion but there is a lot of internal work now, should be finished on time which is May/June 2006.

Warrington Collegiate - The first phase of the £27 Million development has opened which is The Construction and Engineering Skills Centre

Cheshire Lines Building - The building has been stripped apart internallly and there is scafholding up.

Carrington Park - A development of over 500 homes looked set to be refused after a benefits plan of over £5 Million to improve education provision, health provision, transport provision and play space in the area was turned down. Countryside Properties then offered a further £1 Million and it looks set to go ahead.

I'll try to get some photos at some point.
Old February 24th, 2006, 08:50 PM   #28
Toiletduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlister
A SINGLE decision on Friday could see the face of Warrington town centre change forever.

A special meeting has been organised by the borough council to decide the fate of two schemes for Winwick Street and Time Square, estimated to be worth more than £100m combined.

More information including artist's impressions at
http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/towncentre these two schemes in the first post are called The Wireworks and Times Square.

Updates on other developments

Trinity Green - Nearing Completion

Golden Square - Has moved onto Phase 4 which will finish in April and then Phase 5 is between April 2006 – March 2007

Warrington Interchange - The structure is nearing completion but there is a lot of internal work now, should be finished on time which is May/June 2006.

Warrington Collegiate - The first phase of the £27 Million development has opened which is The Construction and Engineering Skills Centre

Cheshire Lines Building - The building has been stripped apart internallly and there is scafholding up.

Carrington Park - A development of over 500 homes looked set to be refused after a benefits plan of over £5 Million to improve education provision, health provision, transport provision and play space in the area was turned down. Countryside Properties then offered a further £1 Million and it looks set to go ahead.

I'll try to get some photos at some point.
So whats the news on that then?

andy
Toiletduck no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 11:29 PM   #29
ferge
Like 'Berg'

Likes (Received): 1826

I saw about this on the front of the local papers, but I was walking passed and didnt buy one so I don't know whats happening, either way I cannot feel slightly envious of the amount going on (being fairly close by) but I'm just hoping local competition will cause some rivalry.. n its not like its all dormant here..

As for you, Mr Accura, noticed a lot of anamosity to the Warrington developments, calling them mundane or just general remarks that would make well... me think that Preston was at present on a higher calibre??
ferge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 12:06 AM   #30
Toiletduck

From the guardians website:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrington guardian
18:49: Hit and miss for town centre developments
A SPECIAL meeting of Warrington Borough Council's development control committee convened on Friday afternoon to discuss two major planning applications.
The two similar schemes would bring almost £200m worth of investment into the area in total and could change the face of the town forever.
Rival developers looking to regenerate sites at Time Square and Winwick Street have both included plans for a multiplex cinema in their submissions to the council, along with a total of 925 new homes, approximately 20,000 square metres of continental dining areas, cafes and restaurants, as well as shops, a health centre and a hotel.
At Friday's crunch meeting, the proposals for the Time Square plan, worth in the region of £75m, were deferred by the committee, so that the issue of affordable housing could be explored.
However, the plans for Winwick Street, which are estimated to be worth £110m and include a landmark tower, were approved subject to referral to the Secretary of State.
This was despite representations from traders from the market, who did not want the scheme to go ahead with a cinema.
Read Thursday's Warrington Guardian for a full report.
Old February 25th, 2006, 06:44 PM   #31
tommygunn

Wilderspool Causeway
Planning Status: Full Permission Granted
108 apartments
Sales Value: £14 Million
Commencement Date: January 2005
Completion Date: December 2005

tommygunn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 08:25 PM   #32
Toiletduck

More from the Warrington Guardian:

A £110m project to transform a gateway into Warrington has been given the go ahead.

Up to 1,000 jobs could be created when the work starts on the Winwick Street site, near Central Station. Key features of the scheme include a cinema, more than 600 new homes, continental dining facilities, a hotel and a health centre.

But plans for a similar development

on Time Square, near Warrington Market, have been put on hold because of concerns that the developers had not contributed enough towards affordable housing programmes elsewhere in the town.

Warrington Borough councillors met at a specially arranged meeting of the development control committee, on Friday evening, to discuss the proposals for the two major developments.

Despite giving their backing to the Winwick Street development, the scheme is of such significance that it is the Deputy Prime Minister who has the final say on whether the project should go ahead.

The work at Winwick Street will also see the Dallam centre relocated and improved at a substantial cost to the developer who has also put together a benefits package to provide sport, recreation and open space improvements worth £4 million.

The 613 new properties would all be luxury apartments and the site would also provide office space, as well as leisure and retail opportunities.

The scheme was passed despite concerns expressed by traders at Warrington Market that if a cinema was allowed in the Winwick Street development, it would threaten the proposals for Time Square which also include a cinema. That scheme was expected to bring in around 500 new customers to the market.

Further discussions between the developers behind the Time Square application and the council are now expected to take.

Old November 10th, 2006, 01:28 AM   #33
Bachy Soletanche
Disco and drugs trade

Likes (Received): 3897

I really should get off my fat bottom and create a Widnes devolpment Thread, it's not like that'll take too long is it?

Anyway, what that got to do with anything as this is just over the border in Warringtonshire, ladies (ladies? Yeah, right) and Gentalmen the most impressive building in Warrington:

Fiddler Ferry Power Station

"What do you thus rail at me, as if I had done such an heinous act, contrary to the nature of man? I tell you that if you did but know how pleasant the taste of man's flesh was, none of you all would forbear to eat it;"
Bachy Soletanche no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 07:44 PM   #34
Rob
Proponent of Leeds

Likes (Received): 1615

Just been on site at the Golden Square centre today (not easy on a Bovis site, it's like the Spanish inquisition getting in). It's massive in there, and is really coming on, due to open in March 07 I believe. Some of the architecture's quite nice too, particularly the Debenhams store, I may not give the Bullring a run for its money but its not so far off. The whole scheme seems well designed and compact, with multi decked car parks with spiral ramps built over the bus station, it's really neat.
Rob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 02:50 PM   #35
sjwmoore
sjwmoore

Went into the new look bus station yesterday- very impressive, seems more like an airport than a bus station!
sjwmoore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2007, 12:01 AM   #36
mattlister

Some photos of the Golden Square development from a website I've just found http://www.mywarrington.me.uk

Debenhams

Warrington Interchange

Ramp to car park

One of the malls
Old January 19th, 2007, 02:42 PM   #37
tommygunn

[QUOTE=mattlister;11194000]Some photos of the Golden Square development from a website I've just found http://www.mywarrington.me.uk

Debenhams

Ive just heard that this building collapsed last night in the winds.
Old January 20th, 2007, 12:43 PM   #38
Bachy Soletanche
Disco and drugs trade

Likes (Received): 3897

Didn't the roof of the new bus station get ripped off too?
"What do you thus rail at me, as if I had done such an heinous act, contrary to the nature of man? I tell you that if you did but know how pleasant the taste of man's flesh was, none of you all would forbear to eat it;"
Bachy Soletanche no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2007, 03:08 AM   #39
tommygunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Robinson View Post
Didn't the roof of the new bus station get ripped off too?
I know all the windows went through on it.
Old January 21st, 2007, 03:13 AM   #40
matherto

Likes (Received): 1

Everytime I go into Warrington it's a bloody nightmare to get through, and there's no space anywhere, so how in the hell theyve got so many projects I have no idea
matherto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement